Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:36 pm

View Original PostTajai wrote:I'm sorry, but I dont think I can buy this so-called "leak". It sounds awfully delusional and one-sided to a specific ship.. Where is this "leak" even from, anyway?

It was on reddit, but I can't find the thing any more it no longer exists, so it could have been a fake (Which I'm more leaning to) and has possibly been rebuked.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:40 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Or they could be showing it because Asuka's mysterious backstory is tied to Shinji's mysterious backstory.

Maybe the mystery woman in the 3.0 photo is Mari's mother, she is maybe also a friend of Asuka's mother and Yui ... Mari seems to be older than Shinji by maybe 2 even 3 years ... I think Shinj, Asuka and Mari in their first years of life have already met, let's not forget that Fuyutsuki had talked about a script written 14 years ago, and then I look at the case between 2.0 and 3.0 another 14 years pass if I remember correctly.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:41 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Or they could be showing it because Asuka's mysterious backstory is tied to Shinji's mysterious backstory.

That is possible. This would naturally follow Mari’s line to Shinji, telling him to learn how the world works.

I’m trying to base my own speculation in what themes and sentiments were established in the previous films, which is why I’m trying to tie everything back to an idea that was introduced at some point before Shin Eva.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Tajai » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:45 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:It was on reddit, but I can't find the thing any more it no longer exists, so it could have been a fake (Which I'm more leaning to) and has possibly been rebuked.

I know this is the majority opinion, but very honestly, I don't think this movie will end with an Asushin ending, and I am perfectly okay with it. If it ever did happen though, I would find that to be stupidest and most unreasonable decision to have ever been made in the rebuild franchise. It just wouldn't make sense to me.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:53 pm

View Original PostTajai wrote:I know this is the majority opinion, but very honestly, I don't think this movie will end with an Asushin ending, and I am perfectly okay with it. If it ever did happen though, I would find that to be stupidest and most unreasonable decision to have ever been made in the rebuild franchise. It just wouldn't make sense to me.

To be clear I never stated that I was pointing to an Asuka/Shinji ending and I said it made no sense, my point was only if the wiki leak was real (Which it probably isn't)
SPOILER: Show
Shinji could like the series be looking in to a world that's not his own and may see himself with Asuka as Anno could do this to rug pull the viewer to give them what they want but at the same time not since Rei is the one closer to Shinji.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:56 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Kensuke did some freaky stuff then because his daughter is an Asuka clone

:kensuke_perv:

Well, there is that AU scene where she boinks Touji but since they weren't too happy together maybe she cheated on him with his best friend just to get under his skin and then the condom broke :devil:
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:58 pm

View Original PostTajai wrote:I know this is the majority opinion, but very honestly, I don't think this movie will end with an Asushin ending, and I am perfectly okay with it. If it ever did happen though, I would find that to be stupidest and most unreasonable decision to have ever been made in the rebuild franchise. It just wouldn't make sense to me.

Everything we have seen so far leads us to believe that the film will have to be very ReiXShinji and KaworuXShinji ... The best of Asunashin we will could see in my opinion will be a hug and a pat on the head from Asuka who says something like this this time you did very well Baka Gaki, after Shinji presumably defeats Evangelion 13 saving everyone ...

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:17 pm

The heat lance that Asuka is seen using at the beginning of Q distinctively resembling the Spear of Cassius is hardly a coincidence. We see that Unit-01 is indeed holding the Cassius in its fight against 13. If that battle actually happens and isn't some kind of bait, is it safe to assume that maybe WILLE had the Cassius all along? Maybe Asuka's been training with it for... whatever reason. She did seem partial to lances/glaives in Q. Until she started busting shit up with heavy artillery that is.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:38 pm

I can't believe people are falling for these "leaks" again. It's 3.0 all over again.

>Asuka turns out to be angel, hence why the artificial angel attacked her(defence)
>Kaworu/Shinji enter a Unit together to fight her
>Kaworu sacrifices himself to stop Asuka

Asuka and Mari slash angrily at Shinji about family questions
この時点でアスカは過去の記憶の大部分が無い、大体の所で初登場ちょっと前までの記憶しか無いっぽい
At this point Asuka don't have many memories of past, roughly speaking she seems to have no memories from moment a bit before her first appereance onwards
中盤からサードインパクトが起きそうになった事であっちこっちで大騒ぎ
カオルが仲立ちして事を納める
Third Impact from 2.0 has caused huge fuss all over the place
Kaworu acts as a middle man/negotiator to close the case.
やたらと聞き分けがいいゼーレのオッサン達
Excessively reasonable SEELE [I guess point is they're taking things too matter of factly...or then it's exactly opposite, they're desperate to make sense of things. Not sure how to interprept kikiwage GA ii)
カオルに向かって役目を果たせとゼーレのオッサン達
Kaworu is against SEELE that is set on fulfilling their duty
シンジとレイの分離はその引き替えとしてゼーレのオッサン達がやる事に
終盤
As result of this debate/conversion SEELE ends up taking care of separating Rei and Shinji
シンジとレイが復活
Rei and Shinji are separated
マリは立ち会うがアスカいない
Mari is present/witness but Asuka isn't seen
マリ「おかえり、お父さん」(カオルの「初めまして、お父さん」にすごく似た言い方)
Mari: Welcome home dad (resembles really much Kaworu's "nice to meet you, father")

People will make a lot of troll fake leaks and other ones, in January, will attempt to be legitimate but grossly misunderstand things. I brought up before people seeing the 2nd trailer on theaters and thinking everyone had black plugsuits now because of the lighting. Still, I'm curious to see it. Can anyone find the link?

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:41 pm

SPOILER: Show
>Asuka turns out to be angel, hence why the artificial angel attacked her(defence)
>Kaworu/Shinji enter a Unit together to fight her
>Kaworu sacrifices himself to stop Asuka

But they were right all along. :mari_nya:

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Sat Dec 26, 2020 1:44 pm

Okay, so I'm crawling out of my sarcophagus to bring this up because I haven't seen this anywhere regarding the girl in winter clothes.

Starting at 43 seconds when the song shifts to the beginning of the chorus with Shinji's face the trailer begins to intentionally display named, important characters that are expected to appear. This order is Shinji > Gendo > _____ > Mari > Rei > Sakura > Misato > Midori > Ritsuko > Hyuga/Aoba > Kaworu > back to Shinji.

Now, these characters are prominent ones we've seen in 3.0 as well as the prior trailers minus Fuyutski. What I'm getting at is with all of these x's child theories floating around seem to have less credit when you consider that via this sequence, it is logically presented to be Asuka. I would bet more money that it is some form of her over someone's kid because it matches a fair amount of defining features of Asuka as well (the hair is clearly par for the setting she is in).
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

lazysaturn
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lazysaturn » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:23 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:The girl in winter clothes is Kensuke’s daughter.

This is the only speculation I’m committing to 100%.

It follows the same “Everyone’s grown up and moved on, Shinji” sentiment that was established in Eva Q.

I really doubt we’re getting Asuka flashbacks when she’s only had 20 mins of character development across 3 films.

Yes, esp the “Everyone’s grown up and moved on, Shinji”

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:27 pm

View Original Postlazysaturn wrote:Yes, esp the “Everyone’s grown up and moved on, Shinji”

That's the only reason I'm considering it at all but I still think baby Asuka is the likeliest.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:29 pm

It’s clearly Rebecca “Insert Ship Name”, the cute Australian pilot of Evangelion Unit 07.

lazysaturn
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lazysaturn » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:40 pm

View Original PostRadicalRandy wrote:Okay, so I'm crawling out of my sarcophagus to bring this up because I haven't seen this anywhere regarding the girl in winter clothes.

Starting at 43 seconds when the song shifts to the beginning of the chorus with Shinji's face the trailer begins to intentionally display named, important characters that are expected to appear. This order is Shinji > Gendo > _____ > Mari > Rei > Sakura > Misato > Midori > Ritsuko > Hyuga/Aoba > Kaworu > back to Shinji.

Now, these characters are prominent ones we've seen in 3.0 as well as the prior trailers minus Fuyutski. What I'm getting at is with all of these x's child theories floating around seem to have less credit when you consider that via this sequence, it is logically presented to be Asuka. I would bet more money that it is some form of her over someone's kid because it matches a fair amount of defining features of Asuka as well (the hair is clearly par for the setting she is in).

Or maybe not..? Lol

Idk when I first watched it I thought it was Asuka, so it’s probably Asuka

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Good guess I say

ShikinamiBogard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ShikinamiBogard » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:16 pm

Ok I really think this is a Little Asuka, or maybe an Asuka being cute for an uncomfortable comment to her , so I make a comparison of images, the second one has a cold filter to simulate the AsukaChibi atmosphere

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Line » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:31 pm

So, I saw the trailer just today. And frankly, this one is much more mouth watering than the last one we got.... I Agree with others people, I didn't seen the ressemblance a first, I though the girl was the girlfriend of seele (?) who always seemed looking like Yui, to me.

I though it was this girl but with different color schemes (hair and eyes) just for the heck of it, because changing hair-eyes colors of characters between adaptation is "cool!"

But now, observing it a little longer and better, and with comparison, it indeed seem to be our Asuka!
Ban me forever.

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:40 pm

@ShikinamiBogard

Can you go the other way? Make the trailer image warmer and see.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:44 pm

View Original PostShikinamiBogard wrote:Ok I really think this is a Little Asuka, or maybe an Asuka being cute for an uncomfortable comment to her , so I make a comparison of images, the second one has a cold filter to simulate the AsukaChibi atmosphere

The visual resemblance is strong, but the fact that she has two eyes makes me think it’s not Asuka in Shin Eva’s present timeline, and the fact that it’s cold in the shot makes me think it’s not from a time prior to Asuka’s introduction in 2.22. But the fact that it’s cold outside makes me think that it could be from Shin Eva’s present timeline if it isn’t a shot of Asuka.

All signs point to confusion.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”