Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:51 am

Note sure if already posted, but interesting all the same

SPOILER: Show

Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:54 am

View Original PostFredsq wrote:Isn't that Sohryu's hair colour though? LOOP THEORY CONFIRMED.

your version seems to be different than the poster version where there is more brownish hair.

Mr Tines: you can't be suggesting that is what's going on in the scene?

Also I just want to point out in the poster that the sea is now clear colour instead of red. It seems they are going to revert the third impact chaos in this movie
Last edited by dzzthink on Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:02 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Note sure if already posted, but interesting all the same

I'm super duper weak for that sort of "person allowing tormented lover to rest in their arms/lap" thing .///.

The only way this could be better would be if Nagisa-kun looked all melancholy too 'cause he can't make it better though he really, really wants to
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:11 am

View Original PostFredsq wrote:Isn't that Sohryu's hair colour though? LOOP THEORY CONFIRMED.

Not loop theory again! :fuyu_facepalm:

The lighting in that scene is low and shifted towards blue from the looks of it. Soryu's hair is redder than Shiki's and would appear darker, and looking at the images we have of Soryu in low light, the animators consistently had her hair redder and darker than that. So it's not Soryu but a younger Shiki. As to her hair color being different, perhaps Shiki had a lighter shade of brown hair when she was younger? A lot of kids born with light hair and eye colors have them darken as they grow up, that's why "baby blue eyes" are a thing.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:11 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Mari’s unfiltered “Yay we did it!” face is a wonderful thing.

She’s about three seconds away from just bombing straight into the water, clothes and all.

Rebuild of Evangelion beach episode looks nice!
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:12 am

Is there anyone like me who suspects that Gendo knew about Shinji's red eyes but instead did not know and had no idea what that purple light in the last frame was? Maybe Yui, aware that Gendo would use Shinji, was able to give her son through experiment with the soul of one of the Adams more power than SEELE and Gendo were aware of and what they considered necessary for the success of the Instrumentality.

intermediateO
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby intermediateO » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:15 am

I decided to just get all my thoughts out on it by doing a breakdown video of it:
https://youtu.be/v2R7d4wgEmc
My biggest galaxy spitball was that the Unit 01 vs 13 fight could be happening in a pre-1.0 Tokyo-3.

PS- The 2x Speed button is your friend.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:17 am

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion beach episode looks nice!

After all that they've been through they deserve it and I will PERSONALLY FITE anyone who says otherwise

*hands out ice cream to the five pilots plus ReiQ* *plopps Shinji and ReiQ into some inflatable swim ring thingies*

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:30 am

Nice! They deserve a relaxing time together.
Summer beaches, autumn rain, clear spring water, winter snow, for every moment, there is a season
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby GhostlyOcam » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:46 am

View Original Postdzzthink wrote:BUY BUY, ALL OF EVANGELION!
Image Image

Thanks for the new icon material, had to switch to that one because I just REALLY love that shot! :D

Anyway, I just realized that it's a wooden watchtower, unusually low-tech if it's in a Wille base so this scene will definitely take place in the Lilin settlement. You guys remember that Kensuke loves to camp alone? Well, if he indeed made it (with Toji and everyone's help, of course) looks like the survival skills he learned from being a military otaku have proven to be a lot more helpful than expected. ^_^
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:15 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Anyway, I just realized that it's a wooden watchtower, unusually low-tech if it's in a Wille base so this scene will definitely take place in the Lilin settlement.

Is this then a shot of Asuka not being able to drop the vigilance in a peaceful moment, or feeling separated from the masses, be it through her life on the frontlines or the physical effects of piloting? A grizzled veteran keeping watch? #Feels

She & Mari are going to have a hard time adjusting to life after the war even when they're finally free, aren't they? Though I suppose it has been done, and it will make for good fanfic, the surviving pilots adjusting to life after the war in a post apocalyptic setting. They'd all have somewhat different challenges if they live, even the ones who faced relatively similar fates like Asuka and Mari.

That does look like the old plugsuit with a jacket thrown over her, so I'm inclined to think you're very much on the money
Last edited by Kendrix on Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:24 am, edited 6 times in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:16 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Anyway regarding this scene, the fact that she looks like a younger Asuka and the shot looking greyer than the others give a flashback-y feeling.
While it never snows in Japan after the Second Impact, it should be noted that even after Near-Third Impact there's a part of the world that still snows (e.g. Wille's temporary base in the beginning of 3.0), wouldn't be impossible if this hypothetical flashback scene takes place in Europe, maybe somewhere in German or England. Maybe a scene with smol Asuka and Mari to flesh out these two's backstory'? They've been closely associated with each other in Rebuild and I think it's more than being fellow Eva pilots for the last fourteen years, their relationship is almost sister-like. We'll see. ^_^

This one has perplexed me to, I'm also not sure if its flashback as Asuka's left eye in 2.22 was damaged, but it could be really young Asuka or maybe that patch is from a later battle.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:23 am

Take a look at Shiki's hair color in this shot. It's very likely that we're seeing a younger Shiki in similar lighting conditions.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Tilikvm
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tilikvm » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:25 am

This trailer has reminded me again how much I love EVA.

I got the vibes that the ending is going to be similar to the manga.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:25 am

I couldn't help but take notice of Hyuga and Aoba's moment in the locker room where they (I'm assuming it's still them) fist bump each other. Does that mean that in exchange for sacrificing NGE Ritsuko/Maya relationship, we get a confirmed yaoi relationship in these two?
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:28 am

Your pic isn't working but I agree that it's "North europe Winter Light"(TM) right now the sun only comes out from 11am to 3pm and when it does its that sort of wan grey light. I haven't seen the sun since early October, and neither has Baby Asuka.

Compare with the shot where she's in the car with Misato in 2.0, which also has her with whitish light.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:30 am

Not working? That's weird, it's just an image from our wiki.
https://wiki.evageeks.org/images/8/83/Eva2-22_C0634.jpg

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:32 am

They wouldn't put those two talking privately in the locker room in the trailer and fist bumping each other if it wasn't important, right? Or is it as Misato would put it, fan service.
"Damn it! Who do I have to screw around here just to get a stupid story?!" - Gail Hailstorm, author of the book You're Dead, I'm Rich (Scary Movie)

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:49 am

I believe that Misato and Gendo have shot each other this would explain why Gendo's visor is damaged and the blood on Misato's arm ... All this would happen in front of a shocked Ritsuko and a Shinji who instead of having an adequate reaction is so disgusted both by the cold and selfish way in which both Misato and Gendo used him for their goals and by their violence. Furthermore, we may have had confirmation that Gendo like Keel Lorenz is now a sort of cyborg

writer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby writer » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:00 pm

Whether in a body or reanimated from LCL, Kaworu is likely the pilot of Eva13.

Some supporting evidence:

The pose of Eva13 when encountering Eva01 is very similar to the relaxed body language of Kaworu
The juxtaposition between Shinji and Kaworu in the trailer
ImageImage

I theorize that our "One Last Kiss" will be a battle that echoes Kaworu's death scene in EvaTV. Shinji will be met by Eva13 and coaxed into battle. Kaworu will push Shinji to his breaking point, causing him to go berserk. Kaworu will easily match his power, and will continue to coax out more power until Shinji has him in submission, a la:

Kaworu Nagisa:
It is my destiny to live forever, though my survival will bring destruction to the human race. However, it is possible for me to be killed, and whether I live or die makes no great difference. In truth, death may be the only absolute freedom there is.

Shinji Ikari:
What are you? Kaworu, I don't understand. What you are talking about, Kaworu?

Kaworu Nagisa:
This is my wish: please, destroy me. Otherwise, you will be destroyed. Only one life-form can be chosen to evade the destruction and seize the future! And yours is not the existence which should die. You need the future; it is what you live for! Thank you Shinji, my life was meaningful because of you.

Kaworu will then encourage Shinji to kill him, since there is no alternative outcome that favors Lillin.

Shinji did nothing wrong!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”