Evangelion ANIMA (general)

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Re: Evangelion ANIMA (general)

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:13 am

Dude the original show had an obvious triangle setup. (or square, if you count Kaworu, but he only comes in at the end when the other two are dead/comatose)

It's straight in the proposal:
from the translation in our own wiki wrote:Exclusive operator of the giant humanoid weapon Evangelion-00
Member of ground crew in the beginning due to injury sustained during first battle.
Specially educated and trained the same as Asuka.
Lacks emotion and speaks few words. Nihilist without feelings.
Learned about emotions and feelings after falling in love with someone.
Important secret behind her birth is hidden (she has no parents).

For Pete's sake, in her death scene she says that "her heart wishes to be one with him" & associates this with the image of armisael taking her form & pulling EVA 01 into that grotesque parody of a suggestive embrace.

Given something that blatant (as well as several characters bringing up the possibility in-universe -the same thing that is brought up as 100% ironclad evidence that LAS is canon) it seems very far-fetched to state that fans are "just making it up"; Not saying that that's the only possible interpretation but is NOT an especially far-fetched one.

It didn't really go anywhere because the plot puts a stop to any homeroom drama elements before long, but they were there to sort of represent opposing but equal forces in the psyche, and not just a simple binary contrast either where one is "all good" or "all bad".
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:26 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Dude the original show had an obvious triangle setup. (or square, if you count Kaworu, but he only comes in at the end when the other two are dead/comatose)

It's straight in the proposal:

For Pete's sake, in her death scene she says that "her heart wishes to be one with him" & associates this with the image of armisael taking her form & pulling EVA 01 into that grotesque parody of a suggestive embrace.

Given something that blatant (as well as several characters bringing up the possibility in-universe -the same thing that is brought up as 100% ironclad evidence that LAS is canon) it seems very far-fetched to state that fans are "just making it up"; Not saying that that's the only possible interpretation but is NOT an especially far-fetched one.

It didn't really go anywhere because the plot puts a stop to any homeroom drama elements before long, but they were there to sort of represent opposing but equal forces in the psyche, and not just a simple binary contrast either where one is "all good" or "all bad".

Yeah

That was Rei II, not III. They are not the same character. And for almost 3 volumes in Anima Trois has almost no sense of individuality. And from muy POV is one of the things that doesn't work in the narrative : too sudden. And you haven't heard from me that Rei feels something towards Shinji. Not too much in NGE, Chronicle is EXPLICIT about what kind of feelings both of them harbour to each other and I believe that Chronicle (an official supplementary work published after the series ended) has more autorithy than my word, yours or even the proposal (taking proposals into account leaves us with Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker as different characters). And in Anima whatever Rei THREE feels toward the main character is totally secondary to the story or even to the main charachter himself. And it's not what I think : it's what the text shows, same way Rei was a secondary character in the NGE story, despite being the "mascot" of the series. If I have to be honest, for me what makes her interesting are her origins and the reason she exists. As a character, she has never been a well written one, neither in the main series, neither in the spin offs.

And sorry, I'm guilty for only talking about shipping. Let's wait til de 5th volume and have a talk about

SPOILER: Show
pregnant Evas
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 12:43 pm

Jesus Jeager I too have read those translated parts of the fifth volume
Asuka X Shinji and Rei X Shinji they are both incestuous relationships now... What A Fuck Yamashita

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:25 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Jesus Jeager I too have read those translated parts of the fifth volume
Asuka X Shinji and Rei X Shinji they are both incestuous relationships now... What A Fuck Yamashita

Of course is not in the same as fucking your mother's clone, but OMFG.......
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:55 pm

Let's not forget that in theory there is a third incest relationship
ANIMA Kaworu and ANIMA Shinji are technically relatives in the soul because Kaworu has the soul of Adam and Shinji is an aspect of Adam who is the snake (the evil and sin that Adam wanted to remove from himself).Also in the original version of ANIMA with chapters available only in Japan, Kaworu in the second chapter seemed to warn Shinji of the arrival of Armaros describing him as a me that is not me, a black being who hates music and liliths. Curious in the fourth volume we discover the first Armaros that appears is the Shinji and the Eva 01 of the world before ANIMA so why does Kaworu describe him as a sort of his dark counterpart?

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:35 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Let's not forget that in theory there is a third incest relationship
ANIMA Kaworu and ANIMA Shinji are technically relatives in the soul because Kaworu has the soul of Adam and Shinji is an aspect of Adam who is the snake (the evil and sin that Adam wanted to remove from himself).Also in the original version of ANIMA with chapters available only in Japan, Kaworu in the second chapter seemed to warn Shinji of the arrival of Armaros describing him as a me that is not me, a black being who hates music and liliths. Curious in the fourth volume we discover the first Armaros that appears is the Shinji and the Eva 01 of the world before ANIMA so why does Kaworu describe him as a sort of his dark counterpart?

But in the 4th volumen the snake is

Mari :w00t:. Or that was Kaworu testing Shinji & Asuka?

Oh Yamashita, you old fuck. But wait.....

st the end ofvolume 3...Kaworu talking a out how Adam(Shinji) has entrusted his Heart to Eve (Asuka,) to keep It safe from the snake

OMFG, he made the preview of the"garden of edén" mom
Last edited by Jäeger on Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:51 pm

View Original PostJäeger wrote:But in the 4th volumen the snake is

Mari :w00t:. Or that was Kaworu testing Shinji & Asuka?

Oh Yamashita, you olé fuck.

Yamashita really got involved with madness
Shinji thought he is the serpent in the final fight with Armaros when facing the Devil's Backbone he had a sort of dejavu of that scene where Mari was the serpent,from what I saw in the translation Mari and Wolfpack should become their next Armaros but apparently after Mari, the Wolfpack and the Ark are teleported to the Apple Core Armaros refuses to become them, and then you don't understand shit anymore because the last pages are not translated

I wonder what the hell Yamashita was thinking when he wrote the last chapter.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:00 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Yamashita really got involved with madness
Shinji thought he is the serpent in the final fight with Armaros when facing the Devil's Backbone he had a sort of dejavu of that scene where Mari was the serpent,from what I saw in the translation Mari and Wolfpack should become their next Armaros but apparently after Mari, the Wolfpack and the Ark are teleported to the Apple Core Armaros refuses to become them, and then you don't understand shit anymore because the last pages are not translated

I wonder what the hell Yamashita was thinking when he wrote the last chapter.

Read my past post after being edited : Kaworu talks a about who was who in the garden of Edén in vol.3. I'm not saying you're wrong (you'not) just adding that Yamashita
Is toying with bíblical imagery from the beginning...and now I remember the link between the garden of edén scene and Kaworu's words. OMFG....I didnt see It coming....

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:07 pm

This story is so stupidly crazy, I keep wondering if even in Rebuild Shinji is too a some sort of Adam or Serpent, I saw the latest trailer Shinji's purple eyes ... What the hell is going on in the last film, I think he can reach some of the madness of ANIMA... Also Jeager look what I have find
A part present only in chapter 2 of the first version of ANIMA before it was collected in 5 Volumes and translated by fans:When people are in deep sleep, their Ego Barrier will go down.

That night, Kaworu crossed over Shinji’s self boundary and visited his world. “Is this a dream?” Shinji asked in his mind. Kaworu sat on his bed, he tilted his head.

“Yes, it is something like that. You are the one who usually calls me to come here, and you probably forgot all about this after you woke up. But I came to you myself today, because I have something important to tell you.”

Kaworu’s smile vanished. Shinji became uneasy.

“Right now, a me who is not me, a ‘black being’ is gradually awakening.”

Being stared by Kaworu, Shinji’s uneasiness began to swell. Even though he knew this is only his own imagination, Shinji still asked: “Is it because we choose to exist individually?”. Kaworu nodded, he was smiling again.
“But it is not “we”, right? It was your choice, and indeed, that is one of the reasons. But, you are the most important person to me, I wouldn’t give you up to him……That one hates Lilin……Yes, he hates music.”You see Kaworu is describing Armaros as his evil alter ego, this is where all those absurd rumors on 4chan and Tumbrl about the hypotic presence of a Dark Kaworu (WTF?) :facepalm: In the story began, and Armaros was nicknamed the Black Adam. Also I just went on Twitter and a Japanese guy confirmed that ANIMA Kaworu called the Shinji of the past world (Armaros) another me :huh:

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:19 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:This story is so stupidly crazy, I keep wondering if even in Rebuild Shinji is too a some sort of Adam or Serpent, I saw the latest trailer Shinji's purple eyes ... What the hell is going on in the last film, I think he can reach some of the madness of ANIMA... Also Jeager look what I have find
A part present only in chapter 2 of the first version of ANIMA before it was collected in 5 Volumes and translated by fans:When people are in deep sleep, their Ego Barrier will go down.

That night, Kaworu crossed over Shinji’s self boundary and visited his world. “Is this a dream?” Shinji asked in his mind. Kaworu sat on his bed, he tilted his head.

“Yes, it is something like that. You are the one who usually calls me to come here, and you probably forgot all about this after you woke up. But I came to you myself today, because I have something important to tell you.”

Kaworu’s smile vanished. Shinji became uneasy.

“Right now, a me who is not me, a ‘black being’ is gradually awakening.”

Being stared by Kaworu, Shinji’s uneasiness began to swell. Even though he knew this is only his own imagination, Shinji still asked: “Is it because we choose to exist individually?”. Kaworu nodded, he was smiling again.
“But it is not “we”, right? It was your choice, and indeed, that is one of the reasons. But, you are the most important person to me, I wouldn’t give you up to him……That one hates Lilin……Yes, he hates music.”You see Kaworu is describing Armaros as his evil alter ego, this is where all those absurd rumors on 4chan and Tumbrl about the hypotic presence of a Dark Kaworu (WTF?) :facepalm: In the story began, and Armaros was nicknamed the Black Adam. Also I just went on Twitter and a Japanese guy confirmed that ANIMA Kaworu called the Shinji of the past world (Armaros) another me :huh:

Oh Dark Kaworu, I remember that reference :devil: , the years of mistery

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:50 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:Oh Dark Kaworu, I remember that reference :devil: , the years of mistery

I begin to believe that Yamashita when he started writing the story had planned Armaros to really be this Dark Kaworu / Black Adam, but then he decided to make it the Shinji / Eva 01 of a previous world ... I just remembered that the 'information that Armaros was another Shinji / Eva 01 was already present in old 2015 threads on CM 4chan (One guy said something like the Dark Kaworu is a Shinji in disguise from another loop) :um: ... My God now that theory that I had read about the fact that the Mark 06 could be the Eva 01 of a previous loop it seems to me less surreal and more credible :bigeyes: ...
Last edited by FXArmaros98 on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:28 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:

I begin to believe that Yamashita when he started writing the story had planned Armaros to really be this Dark Kaworu / Black Adam, but then he decided to make it the Shinji / Eva 01 of a previous world ... I just remembered that the 'information that Armaros was another Shinji / Eva 01 was already present in old 2015 threads on CM 4chan (One guy said something like the Dark Kaworu is a Shinji in disguise from another loop) :um: ... My God now that theory that I had read about the fact that the Mark 06 could be the Eva 01 of a previous loop it seems to me less surreal and more credible :bigeyes: ...

My theory is that Yamashita's choices depend on the dealer.

The drug dealer.

Just remember his proposal for EOE......Asuka searching for a werewolf Shinji.....

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:27 am

View Original PostJäeger wrote:My theory is that Yamashita's choices depend on the dealer.

The drug dealer.

Just remember his proposal for EOE......Asuka searching for a werewolf Shinji.....
Yes, I remember reading a book where there were all the weird ideas that Yamashita had proposed ... With the Wolfpack he showed that he still had a certain love for the packs of wolves while he was writing ANIMA XD ... I still wonder what he and Anno were told when they were discussing the Rebuild plot and how much it influenced the madness of the ANIMA's plot, seeing all 3 trailers at our disposal I can only say that the fact that the last movie will be almost crazy as ANIMA form me is sure near at 100% ...
These are the most epic parts of the fourth volume in my opinion, the battle between Shinji (Giant of Light) and Armaros (With increased size) is so stupid, crazy and badass as to be a masterpiece and the best of madness that history has offered us until now: Suddenly, Armaros pushed Super Eve with more force than the giant's
of light. Super Eva was many times bigger than Armaros and yet ...
Yet the black giant has grown.
And it has grown.
Armaros grew to the point of breaking Super Eva's camp, and his hand, which he had
being suppressed by the Magorox, he wielded Azumaterasu against him.
FWUMP!
Six screamed as his Eva was blown away by a mighty wind that swept Yomotsu
Hirasaka: Powerful enough to level mountains.
The light giant staggered as the land mass on its back swayed
and shaken. The black giant had broken free from his Field AT prison and now
she ran wildly on the lunar continent, but the black giant didn't bother to escape. He had already lost one
his legs and Super Eva sword cut harmlessly through the empty space. Weapons
he maintained his posture and prepared the bow.
Dirt!
Azumaterasu left a trail of seven colors of light when fired. Seele se
he referred to him as Sacrilegus, the relic thief, and this was his most powerful attack.
The force that vaporized much of Yomotsu Hirasaka has now pierced the heart
by Shinji.
It looked like lightning had struck him in the chest. An overwhelming force destroyed
your body, increasing the already violent flow of energy and incinerating your organs with a
strong crack.
Gaaaaaah!
The arrow shot through Yomotsu Hirasaka, swinging his vast energy
phase in which the human instrumentality project should begin. All this was
poured into the Super Eva.
Wait ... I know what it is ...
The contour that retained the shape of Super Eva merged into photons.
The impact had begun.
Super Eva's body expanded. His sword had followed his transformation and
now it was an arc of light with no outline. He realized that in the distant past,
the completion of the human instrumentality project was probably accelerated by the
manipulation of bending technology. The light giant took a mighty step forward. The long photon sword
crossed the black giant: the Eva-01 of the past, perhaps even the Shinji of the past.
<< Take ... Eat ... This is my body ... >> Armaros said.
Ah ...
<< Now I remember ... This is what I needed ... >> He spoke in Shinji's voice
for the last time. Shinji felt his heart burn inside him as the fire curled
around consumed everything.
I understand ... sure.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:26 am

So I caved and bought volume 4 with money.

Some nice Rei moments especially nice bits between Shinji & Rei III. Well, it's not like team red didn't get their due that reunion bite kiss was 5 minutes from becoming downright kinky lol
though as usual I wish they knew how to really dwell on moments in prose. What should be slow feelsy moments aren't dwelt on, and the fast scenes get confusing and hard to understand... normally I'm against any writing advice that is like "always do this" but I'd like to acquaintance Yamashita with the technique of using long sentences with description for slow moments and short ones with little description for fast ones. The moon fragment fight got all confusing because of this

It's amazing how much near death experiences and sci fi weirdness the main pilots endure in this... you know what's missing compared to the original? Scenes of NERV staff discussing the philosophical, scientific & ethical implications. Stuff like all those scenes of Misato & Ritsuko talking about how the latest weird angel power or traumatizing plot event is affecting the children. if I had the time and the money id love to do an improved prose revamp/ novelization of this.

There were some reeeeal wacky things in this like the waterbaloon monsters, Kyoko being alive but comatose somehow, how they randomly made kensuke a traitor but mentioned this only in two side sentences... It kinda up there with some of the less good video games

I wonder what we'll gest first, the last rebuild or the English volume 5

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:28 pm

Wasn't volume 4 also the one where Asuka is naked in Rei's entry plug and flirting with her as the world is ending around them?
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:45 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Wasn't volume 4 also the one where Asuka is naked in Rei's entry plug and flirting with her as the world is ending around them?

Rei is the one who's naked and no flirting whatsoever happens as far as I could discern.
She was wearing a suit originally designed for an attempt to get Asuka back to human form (Rei was wearing it for its enhanced mental shielding properties)
Then she took it off when an unexpected opportunity to re-humanize/ un-biofuse Asuka presented itself.
As to why she (and small catgirl Mari, for that matter) randomly show up in the plug with Rei though, I haven't the foggiest, but hey at least they all live.

It would have made much more sense for one of the Reis to carry their beat-up EVAs back to Earth & then have Ritsuko reconstitute them tho.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:16 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:So I caved and bought volume 4 with money.

Some nice Rei moments especially nice bits between Shinji & Rei III. Well, it's not like team red didn't get their due that reunion bite kiss was 5 minutes from becoming downright kinky lol

Or the school ending.....

Or Shinji almost sending the world to hell AGAIN (first in vol.2) because of he thought he had lost her.....

And, by the way, the "Adam/Eve/Snake in the garden of paradise" situation is anything but subtle.....the only real romantic scene in 4 volumes, being their reunion in volume 3 the closer one.
Last edited by Jäeger on Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:17 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Rei is the one who's naked and no flirting whatsoever happens as far as I could discern.

Ah right, my bad. Although I will disagree on the flirting part; I dug through some old messages with someone who was posting live reactions as they read it, and among them was this quote from volume 4....
"The Second Child took a slow and grumpy look at her surroundings and noticed Rei Trois' lack of plugsuit. The first words out of Asuka's mout were, "Why are you naked?"

"Because I gave you my plugsuit."

"Did you..? Nice hair, by the way." Asuka played with the ends of Trois' hair, which now reached to the nape of her neck. Her hair transitioned beautifully from aqua to black.

"Thank you, I'm quite proud of it. We'll have to make today an anniversary."

Asuka was still half-dazed, having just recovered her human form, but she looked at Trois with surprise. "I've never heard you say anything so cocky in my life. I don't hate it."
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby EscapismIsBad » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:17 pm

I started reading ANIMA and I'm on chapter 4, the first Rei space sequence is pretty cool and relaxing to be true, the idea of 00 clones wandering in space with Rei clones is great (
i literally don't judge Anno for making a decision similar to this in NTE, it is at least until now the best thing to come out of the ANIMA
). Fanservicey Asuka, Fullmetal Toji and new Shinji are weird (
Sincerely I hope Anno doesn't take any clue of almost adult Toji into the adult Toji of NTE as it seems he could do
, they may become more likeable in the future.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:18 pm

oh boy, you're in for a ride. Anima is.... it's a lot of things, but "good" is definitely not one of them

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”