Where did Yui merge?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Analyzor
Embryo

Where did Yui merge?

•      
  •      

Postby Analyzor » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:05 pm

Hi there. I'm having a debate with some folks and I have no clue about what they actually did in the Artificial Evolution Laboratory.
I always thought that the Contact Experiment happend there but after realising that the EVAs cementery (and therefore their creation) is in Dogma Terminal... I have my doubts now.

Could it be that it has taken place in Dogma Terminal instead of the Laboratory? That would tell us that Shinji has been in NERV way before.

When can we tell it has been? during the creation of EVA01 when Lilith was still attached or later?

Here we can see how EVA01 has it's core during his creation.
Last edited by Analyzor on Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Where did Yui merge?

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:23 pm

I got the impression that she was in Unit 01, which is how she got absorbed into it (just like Shinji did, but he got rescued).

I'm confused that Ritsuko was part of the failed rescue mission of Yui, which resulted in the creation of Rei, yet Ritsuko's mother didn't know where Rei came from :???:

Analyzor
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Analyzor » Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:51 pm

View Original PostAWinters wrote:I got the impression that she was in Unit 01, which is how she got absorbed into it (just like Shinji did, but he got rescued).

I'm confused that Ritsuko was part of the failed rescue mission of Yui, which resulted in the creation of Rei, yet Ritsuko's mother didn't know where Rei came from :???:

The thing is, in Rebuild she merges with it's core alone. EVA01 was finished in 2014.

And how did they move the whole EVA01 to the laboratoy? then it must has been in Dogma Terminal all along.

What was the laboratory's purpouse? why so many images of it?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:03 pm

The title card for the scene that includes the ani-gif sets the time and place as

2004 AD.
Hakone, Second Underground Experimental Installation

which doesn't narrow things down beyond "somewhere in the GeoFront"

The earlier scene at the Artificial Evolution Laboratory (dateline 2003) flows immediately from the "I have one thing to show you." into Gendo's "Someone left this cavity behind" ... "That is the installation which is consuming all that humanity has." It is only implied, but it would seem likely that the thing to show -- the GeoFront -- was actually what was lurking in the AEL sub-sub-basement, rather than there being an extended cross-country journey between the two locations. Being one atop the other also makes it easier to dump the AEL trash straight down into the Eva Graveyard.

The rebuilds may or may not have completely revised the details, that being a distinct timeline.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Analyzor
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Analyzor » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:13 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:The title card for the scene that includes the ani-gif sets the time and place as

which doesn't narrow things down beyond "somewhere in the GeoFront"

The earlier scene at the Artificial Evolution Laboratory (dateline 2003) flows immediately from the "I have one thing to show you." into Gendo's "Someone left this cavity behind" ... "That is the installation which is consuming all that humanity has." It is only implied, but it would seem likely that the thing to show -- the GeoFront -- was actually what was lurking in the AEL sub-sub-basement, rather than there being an extended cross-country journey between the two locations. Being one atop the other also makes it easier to dump the AEL trash straight down into the Eva Graveyard.

The rebuilds may or may not have completely revised the details, that being a distinct timeline.

If the experiment has been done during the creation of EVA01 would explain why there are human legs growing below Lilith, they are Yui's ones.

Then we can say that "something" of Yui was still inside Lilith the whole time.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:16 pm

View Original PostAWinters wrote:I'm confused that Ritsuko was part of the failed rescue mission of Yui, which resulted in the creation of Rei, yet Ritsuko's mother didn't know where Rei came from :???:

While explaining the salvage operation, Ricchan says

There was an accident before I joined Nerv. I heard that my mother was there. I know about it only from the data.

In episode 23', the scene was added where Fuyutsuki describes Rei as the product of his despair, suggesting that he probably took the lead in the experiments, with Gendo being the only other person in the loop when Rei was extracted from the Yui-soup.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:34 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:In episode 23', the scene was added where Fuyutsuki describes Rei as the product of his despair, suggesting that he probably took the lead in the experiments, with Gendo being the only other person in the loop when Rei was extracted from the Yui-soup.

Yikes. So Yui was screwed even if she wanted to get out. Like Gendo would know what to do in that situation (:|

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:30 pm

Makes you wonder why their isn't any real interaction between Rei and Fuyutsuki (that we see off). Considering Gendo choose to place Shinji with his teacher, Fuyutsuki would have been the obvious candidate to take care of Rei. To be honnest now that I think abouth it Rei resembles Fuyutsuki in character more then she resembles Yui (both Rei and Fuyutsuki would be considered ISTJ whilst Yui is INFJ https://personality-database.com/subcat ... ality-type)
Yes Rei shows intrest in Yui field but Fuyutsuki was her professor. Rei might mimic Gendo's gestures,but she acts far more like Fuyutsuki. I would have loved to see a interaction between those 2.
In the Manga Fuyutsuki and Yui are pretty close in the fact they went on hiking trips together and you had the impression that she told him of Gendo before she was a official couple, manga fuyutsuki also knew the most of what was happening during Yui's absorption as Yui was to be killed by Seele and she have instructions on what to do afther she was gone. She might even have given the instruction to make Rei. It might be mixing sources manga and anime but anime Fuyutsuki indeed calls Rei "the product of his despair" manga fuyutsuki says he deeply regretted agreeing to do Yui's wishes afther she died as it caused a lot of harm to many people. He might or might not have been aware that the person he was talking to was not Yui but Rei as he tells "Yui" if she had already found Yui-kun

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”