Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:49 am

I mean they’re strapped when it comes to repairing and building multi-trillion dollar Evangelions. They have the resources to make human sized plugsuits.

I’m loving the scrapyard look of Unit 02

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:50 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Mari's plugsuit is her best yet.

Minna No Eva as usual with the good pictures

https://eva-fan.com/blog-entry-6259.html

Interesting. I wonder why is the patched up suit present in the chart. Flashback? Another timeline Asuka? Is it just the altered concept art from 3.0?

If the art is anything to go by, I am affraid for the final. The suit rehashing for the sake of money, the creative decisions... I so dont want it to suck but this is pushing it. I hope I am wrong I really do but this looks like they dont even care that much.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:29 pm

The same could be said (and has been) of the Curse of Eva in 3.33 - but in fact that doesn't take anything away from the main points of the film.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:32 pm

@Gendo's Papa: Nope, first time we get that recap in HD.
@complaints: I don't understand what's bad about khara wanting (and needing) to make money. And we would have gotten a trillion new figures anyway, new plug suit or not.
I think the new designs are, just like with 3.0, really beautiful and fresh. And that Eva-02 would end up half-Jet Alone...I love it.

Thanks Joseki for the HD pic.

And that Asuka figure with the cross...God I wish I had unlimited money.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:02 pm

New trailer soon, maybe? :w00t:
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:51 am

The whole "every creative decision that CAN be merchandised exists SOLELY so that it can be merchandised" meme is so overplayed. There is nothing subversive about it or the whole "look how cynically woke I am, sheeple!" 'tUdE anymore.

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:The final image in this tweet for one shows just how little of Unit 02 is left and is being reconfigured using parts Wille retrieved in Paris.

The design was first shown in Trailer 2. This provides a clearer look but in terms of NEW information there really isn't any.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:24 am

View Original PostRommel wrote:I thought WILLIE was supposed to be strapped for resources.

Judging by the size of their fleet, I think they are fine.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:03 am

View Original Postkuribo-04 wrote: @complaints: I don't understand what's bad about khara wanting (and needing) to make money. And we would have gotten a trillion new figures anyway, new plug suit or not.

It's really weird in this case because these suits are the exact same design as the 3.0 suits, just with a different color palette. They could have made this same figure using the 3.0 suit. :huh:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:32 am

Yeah, I think we all thought this was the same plug suit when these figures lacked colors in previous showings.
In any case, I think it keeps things fresh.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:37 am

As I said recently before about the new and same Plugsuits: Its about FINALs context.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Rommel » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:37 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Image

And yet Asuka was using tape to hold her plugsuit together, they were forced to recover Unit-01 for power and to raid Paris for spare parts.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:12 pm

Wunder is built on top of some kind of ancient Adams-powered weapon, and Eva-01 is an Adams -- an awakened one, at that. Either Wille go after Eva-01 in orbit or they try to get at the other Adams that are in the possession of Nerv HQ, but Wille need the Wunder to launch a proper assault on Nerv HQ, so they go for the easiest option. If you notice, as well, Wunder's outfitting is being done in a cold-weather area, which makes sense since they're not only working with Eva-01, Wunder has an obvious implied "Angelic" nature. Cold storage was previously used successfully to contain the Third Angel. (It only escaped from Bethany Base's Cocytus facility because Kaji engineered its escape to cover his getaway.) Depending on how long they've had to be there and how cut off they are from regular supply lines, yes, it's entirely possible that they might have had to resort to fixing things with tape to get by. Around the time of Wunder's launch, they're receiving a fresh influx of supplies, which explains where the new plugsuits come from.

I'm sure if you actually wanted to you could try to figure out an in-universe explanation for the Paris Assault Mission too.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:27 pm

^The Paris depot has an enormous cache of supplies. Weapons, ammunition, armor, and at least one complete Jet Alone unit. Even if Wille is capable of manufacturing their own supplies, which they seem to be, just not necessarily in Wunder's facilities, having that much fresh equipment ready to go will be a huge boost to their war chest, saving tons of time and money.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Blockio » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:13 am

That's two different things. Normal ressources they have plenty - Eva armor can hardly be called normal tho, considering a) the size and b) we can assume that they require some hard to come by materials. The latter possibly also applies to plug suits;

Also we don't know the shape the fleet was in by the end of Q, took a number of big hits during the movie
EDIT: In response to Rommel and Joseki. PC briefly died on me the other day and the draft didn't post
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:14 pm

Just taking a quick look at Wunder's layout, I'd guess that the ship isn't set up to manufacture or fabricate all new parts. Wunder is very huge but a lot of that is open air space or the giant wings. Most of the ship's inhabitable space is in the pylons and and along the back, and once you factor in the size of the Eva cages, the guns, the thrusters and the space for the crew, it's getting pretty tight.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:43 pm

Holy fuck, this thing is less than five months away.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:25 pm

View Original Postchee wrote:Holy fuck, this thing is less than five months away.

It is crazy to think about. Only reason I'm not going insane with hype is that I know I'll have to wait longer than that to see it. But just the fact that it will be out after all this time...
The time has come.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:33 pm

View Original PostCaroline L.S. wrote:Interesting. I wonder why is the patched up suit present in the chart. Flashback? Another timeline Asuka? Is it just the altered concept art from 3.0?

It's because it's literally the 3.0 booklet images of Asuka with a palette swap of the plugsuit. Same thing for Mari. And Ritsuko, Maya and the rest of the bridge bunnies have the exact same pose than in the 3.0 booklet.

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Image

People also tends to forget the huge fleet of heavy cargo helicopters supplying the Wunder fleet with tons of materials at the beginning of the movie.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Blockio
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Blockio » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:56 pm

One thing that's easy to forget as well is the consideration of effort vs outcome - even assuming that Wille had the ressources to go on for years to come if things went roughly as planned, the raid on PAris would still have been a very good idea - at the cost of a few automated battleships (which, evidently, are pretty useless in combat against Nerv), they got tons of equipment for their Evas and possibly even a full, working JA unit.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:38 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:People also tends to forget the huge fleet of heavy cargo helicopters supplying the Wunder fleet with tons of materials at the beginning of the movie.

I didn't mention the helicopter part specifically but I did bring this up in my post.

Blockio wrote:possibly even a full, working JA unit.

"Possibly"? They DID find a complete Jet Alone -- but it got gutted for New Eva-02.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”