[Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: [Film] The Trailers & Upcoming Films Thread

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:14 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:King of the Hill was canceled before it's time. I would love a last hurrah by Mike Judge and co.

Personally I prefer shows that are cancelled before their time as opposed to shows that wear out their welcome. (COUGH)Simpsons (Cough)Family Guy (Cough)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:23 am

But then we'd miss out on all the good episodes those shows have had recently.

As much as Metallica was disappointing in the late 90s and 00s, I wouldn't want them to quit, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten their most recent album which is pretty great.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:42 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:King of the Hill was canceled before it's time. I would love a last hurrah by Mike Judge and co.

Unlike Family Guy, which shows no signs of disappearing any time soon. But South Park can stay, at least they do satire correctly and give no shits about what anyone thinks.

I'm a little skeptical on the success of a King of the Hill revival considering the current political climate, but if they could pull it off without being overly political (or avoiding the topic altogether) the show could do well. It would also be nice if they brought back Futurama, at least that show was hilarious.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:32 pm

South Park is a memetic poison that spreads pernicious ironies, may all involved with it walk forever on legos upon the far shores.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:26 pm

I still enjoy South Park, but I do understand and agree with its critics who point out the apathetical politics of its creators who would probably equate Michael Moore with Alex Jones.

Yes, Trey & Matt, they're both people who can appear obnoxious and ridiculous to those in the middle of the aisle and are pretty easy to lampoon, but one is demonstrably more toxic for society than the other.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:28 am

I will forever prefer how South Park does satire to family guy because it never ever condones cruel behaviour and its mocks the hell out of people doing it and makes sure you know there being idiotic.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Red Sparrow teaser -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQUBjoGm1ls
Looks like a Black Widow origin story...

BBC's The Child in Time with Benidict Cumberbatch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuPXdnSWoLk

All the money in the world -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x62O8A8qHw

The Current War -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMECv6yLOFM

Mudbound -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAZWhFI9lLQ

Thelma (sci-fi Carrie with lesbians?) -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgQMHG9SGlU

Hostiles -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltxAg21Cun8

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:14 pm

This is going to sound grumpy at, but I'm sick of seeing Jennifer Lawrence in everything. You know she was considered for the role of Rey in the new Star Wars trilogy? No, go away for a while please. You've saturated the market too much.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:47 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote:All the money in the world -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x62O8A8qHw

I'm in that trailer

For 2 seconds

With my back to the camera

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:00 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:This is going to sound grumpy at, but I'm sick of seeing Jennifer Lawrence in everything. You know she was considered for the role of Rey in the new Star Wars trilogy? No, go away for a while please. You've saturated the market too much.

I totality agree with this I see her and Chris Pratt in every damn film now and its starting to get on my nerves.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Zeruss
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Zeruss » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:48 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I totality agree with this I see her and Chris Pratt in every damn film now and its starting to get on my nerves.

I miss when Chris Pratt was just in 'Parks and Recreation' (very glad for his recent good fortunes -and buffness-, just... he looked really cute back then).
I'm a lurker at heart.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:47 pm

I still like Jennifer Lawrence (she's great in mother!) but the problem is she's routinely miscast because she's the It Actress EVERYBODY wants in their movie.

Also I think it's unfair to say that she's in everything because the truth is she isn't - since her big break in 2012 she has only appeared in about two movies a year with most of those being four The Hunger Games movies & three X-Men pictures - and in fact only appears in one movie this year. Emma Stone & Brie Larson star more regularly in films than she does. The problem is pop culture never stops talking about her- what is she wearing? who is she dating - so she seems omnipresent when her work is pretty sporadic for a movie star.

Excited for All the Money in the World. Ridley Scott is my guy. Indifferent about all the rest.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:20 pm

Sachi wrote:This is going to sound grumpy at, but I'm sick of seeing Jennifer Lawrence in everything. You know she was considered for the role of Rey in the new Star Wars trilogy? No, go away for a while please. You've saturated the market too much.

You don't sound grumpy, she's becoming a bit overrated. Just because she's in a load of movies doesn't mean she's good, just fairly attractive and extremely popular with the masses. She's popular and draws people to the box office, which is why everyone wants her so thier movies will be popular.

And her Oscar noms and award don't mean as much as we think they do. It's still just a popularity contest/political commentary award that can be bought in a way. Otherwise, Leonardo DiCaprio would have won for his work in The Aviator and What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Avatar (aka Pocahontas with blue alien cat-thingys) would never have been a contender for Best Picture, and Best Original Story would still be an award category.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:15 am

Jeepers Creepers 3 trailer (I think It is set between the 1st 2 films)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb2ySdMMHnI

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:52 am

^ PSA: The writer/director of all the Jeepers Creepers films is an actual convicted pedophile who videotaped his rape of one of the underage stars of his early films.

Don't share or support his work.
Last edited by Gendo'sPapa on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:12 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:^ PSA: The writer/director of all the Jeepers Creepers films is an actual convicted pedophile who videotaped his rape one of the underage stars of his early films.

This just makes me mad because he still got the film budget despite what he did and it feeds in to some thing Corey Feldman (Gremlins/Lost Boys) said which is that he was sexual assaulted as a kid as was his co star Corey Haim who committed suicide some years back was also raped. Corey said that he couldn't say who did it to him due to the powerful people in Hollywood throwing out treats to keep victims quite and I think this has gotta change period as Hollywood directors be they male or female should not be above the law due to celebrity status and shouldn't be allowed direct ever again if convicted.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3611046/I-molested-passed-Corey-Feldman-details-horrors-Hollywood-pedophile-ring-reveals-Corey-Haim-just-11-raped-leading-life-drugs.html

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:40 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:^ PSA: The writer/director of all the Jeepers Creepers films is an actual convicted pedophile who videotaped his rape one of the underage stars of his early films.

I am aware, he can & should die in a grease fire but as a horror fan I still appreciate the JC films & their mythos on their own.
That said I do not intend to buy them ever.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:57 am

^ And that, silvermoonlight, is why a lot of pedophiles & rapists get to keep making movies in the film industry. Because even though he "should die in a grease fire" people are willing to look away & okay them & their enablers getting paid as long as they get their 90 minutes of entertainment.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:12 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:^ And that, silvermoonlight, is why a lot of pedophiles & rapists get to keep making movies in the film industry. Because even though he "should die in a grease fire" people are willing to look away & okay them & their enablers getting paid as long as they get their 90 minutes of entertainment.

If a producer asked me this 2 option question beforehand...
A.) You get more JC films but Silva gets to direct them.
B.) No more JC films.
I would pick option B.

But this has already been made & plenty of other people put in hard work & effort on this film besides him.

And there is the question of is the public safer with Silva free if...
1.) he is a public figure where people know where he is & what he is doing to a extent.
2.) he falls into obscurity with no job & everyone avoids him like the plague.
It's not like he is making movies with kid cast like Clownhouse anymore where he can use his position to prey.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:53 pm

Jamie Lee Curtis will return for David Gordon Green's Halloween apparently.
Hopefully in a Dr.Loomis type role.

Return to “Film and Video”