Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby imprimatur13 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:20 am

Ahhh! Sadamoto... You never disappoint, do you? Thanks, silvermoonlight!
My first fanfic: Neon Genesis Craig-Insertion
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

EvaGeeks Discord server: https://discord.gg/MgA8Ev7

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby Joseki » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:29 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Fair point I always thought the Glyph in Asuka's eye was meant to symbolize an awakening as its a small cross so I always thought her soul was emanating through her left eye hence why it glows but that's just my theory. ^_^

In my mind it was put there to prevent the angelic matter from spreading like the 12th angel corrupting the Evangelions or the Wunder. In normal conditions she doesn't need it but if she feels powerful emotions, like when she was mad at Shinji or while being in beast mode, the angelic matter reacts and become active.

Asuka screaming in pain with weird stuff coming out from her eye looks both terrifying and badass in my mind so that's my headcanon. :tongue:

Cute picture with Asuka and Mari on the pillar from the poster for Q:
SPOILER: Show
Last edited by Joseki on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:58 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:In my mind it was put there to prevent the angelic matter from spreading like the 12th angle corrupting the Evangelions or the Wunder. In normal conditions she doesn't need it but if she feels powerful emotions, like when she was mad at Shinji or while being in beast mode, the angelic matter reacts and become active.
Asuka screaming in pain with weird stuff coming out from her eye looks both terrifying and badass in my mind so that's my headcanon. :tongue:

Interesting headcanon. ^_^

Cute picture with Asuka and Mari on the pillar from the poster for Q:

This reminds me of a certain scene from Who framed roger rabbit with Tweety. Asuka. "This little piggy went to market...this little piggy stayed at home." Mari. "Stop it princess!"

Asuka Bardiel
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:52 pm

Did you mean to put up such a small copy of that?

"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:39 pm

Full credits for "kids on top of school" illustration: Characters drawn by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto and finished by Kazuko Kikuchi, with background by Hiroshi Kato.

I see my Meguro coloration is still making the rounds.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:10 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Did you mean to put up such a small copy of that?

No I didn't realize that had happened, thanks for putting up the full size one ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:13 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:

Payback for wrecking Unit-02!

:devil:

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby imprimatur13 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:27 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:I see my Meguro coloration is still making the rounds.

Ah! Didn't notice your name till now... Was it fully B/W before? (If so, monumental job there!)
Kyoko's Melons: Currently being completely rewritten, so... if anyone liked it so far, great. I did too. But... not enough. ;)

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:43 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Full credits for "kids on top of school" illustration: Characters drawn by Yoshiyuki Sadamoto and finished by Kazuko Kikuchi, with background by Hiroshi Kato.

I see my Meguro coloration is still making the rounds.

It's beautiful but.....Why is Asuka wearing a plugsuit? Why is Ritsuko lacking her lipstick? Why is Gendo embarrassed/nervous? Why Yui there and not in Unit-01? Who are those three non-canon characters there?

:hahaha:
Last edited by Rei IV on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imprimatur13
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby imprimatur13 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:46 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Why is Ritsuko lacking her lipstick? Why is Gendo embarrassed/nervous?

Ritsuko's lacking lipstick because she looks better that way, and Reichu, I assume, agrees. Gendo's embarrassed because he's terribly worried that Yui will find out about his goings-on with the Akagis (Ritchan's right next to her...).

Asuka's in plugsuit for 2 reasons: Because she's happiest in it (as Ace Pilot), and because its skintight nature will attract the eyes of Shinji (who's looking and blushing) and Kaji (who's focused on Misato, as he should be).

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:24 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Didn't notice your name till now... Was it fully B/W before? (If so, monumental job there!)

Thankies! ^_^ Yeah, originally it was just the(atypically wholesome) line art by Meguro. Back when the Eva image board still existed, there was a motion to get the thing completely colored, so I decided to take a stab at it. Both of the previous attempts had been on the "painterly" side, so I set my aspirations low in the hopes of actually finishing my version -- stick to cel-type coloration and shading, what have you. Still ended up taking forever! I learned the hard way that the stylized shading you see in anime is very much an art form of its own, one that takes experience to pull off in a way that looks natural.

My self-critical inner artist aside, it didn't turn out bad at all, and I guess the Internet must agree if my colorization has stayed in circulation this long. :wink: Wouldn't mind going back at some point and fixing up some of the things that bother me (flipped noses), but for now... it'll do. :emogendo:

Original line art here
Here's a pseudo-time lapse thingy of me coloring it
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

peripateia
Adam

Postby peripateia » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:45 pm

@Reichu

Your coloring is excellent. I thought it was a professionally done piece of work, especially considering that you started with plain line art that had no guidelines for shading. In many ways coloring is even harder and more time consuming than preparing the line art, so kudos to you!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:00 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:You mean like this :devil:

Hot spring mildly nsfw

I forgot the useless towelette on Rei's head. I wonder why it's even there.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:29 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:My self-critical inner artist aside, it didn't turn out bad at all, and I guess the Internet must agree if my colorization has stayed in circulation this long. :wink: Wouldn't mind going back at some point and fixing up some of the things that bother me (flipped noses), but for now... it'll do. :emogendo:

Original line art here
Here's a pseudo-time lapse thingy of me coloring it

Excellent colour work ^_^

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I forgot the useless towelette on Rei's head. I wonder why it's even there.

I heard that those towelette are soaked in colder water and are there to keep you cool so you don't overheat but I have no idea if its true but I've seen them used in manga's for people who have fevers and sickness to do the same thing.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:59 pm

View Original PostRei IV wrote:Who are those three non-canon characters there?
Back row left, Shiro Tokita of Japan Heavy Chemical Industries, a canon, albeit minor, character. In front of him from front row far left, Mana Kirishima (Girlfriend of Steel) and Mayumi Yamagishi (Neon Genesis Evangelion: Second Impression).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Thanks Mr. Tines! I did some googling and yes, Shiro Tokita is indeed a canon, minor character. He appears in episode 7 of NGE (the infamous Jet Alone episode).

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Cybermat47 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:11 am

Ah yes, who could forget the massive impact of that one asshole who was kind of a dick but then he was okay, sort of?
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:19 am

Imagine if he showed up again in another episode.

Episode 15.5: Having been ruined after the Jet Alone fiasco, Shiro is convinced foul play was involved. It becomes his personal mission to expose Nerv. Upon scratching the surface, he is killed off by a nameless Seele/Neev goon (a la Kaji). Misato may later discover the nature of his death (informed by Kaji, maybe), fueling her own suspicions about Nerv.

Fan fic writers: make it happen.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

ErgoProxy
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby ErgoProxy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:28 am

And Rebuild is retelling of the story based on his diary.
JUSTICE & MERCY

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:52 am

View Original PostErgoProxy wrote:And Rebuild is retelling of the story based on his diary.

Or his book of his memoirs what really happened which he tries to sell a million copies of....

Kaworu/Shinji

Group

Return to “Old Stickies”