FML general thread [8]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Re: FML general thread [8]

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Sounds like a lawsuit to me, Sachi.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:12 pm

Sitting in my apartment with the heat cranked up, wearing a coat, drinking coffee and still freezing. :sigh: Hurry up with the technorapture already, this flesh and blood is tiresome. (in other words I'm sick and cranky)
Last edited by NemZ on Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:54 pm

There is not a doubt in my mind that digitized human consciousness would just fill the void by finding new things to bitch about.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:58 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Sitting in my apartment with the heat cranked up, wearing a coat, drinking coffee and still freezing. :sigh: Hurry up with the technorapture already, this flesh and blood is tiresome.

The singularity is just... oh. Carry on.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:17 am

I sometimes wonder why I even bother with this computer illustration course. I'm still completely incompetent at actual computer illustration without my Cintiq- these little drawing pads we have at college are completely worthless for basically everything (unless you like incoherent, jittery squiggles I suppose) and I can hardly lug a fragile 22" display tablet into college with me. On top of that, I'm so far behind on my course that I've had to get an extension for my assignment (whilst everyone else is on the second assignment, I've not even finished the first) and it looks like I'm going to miss THAT deadline too.

Between my complete lack of motivation, the condescending arseholes I have as tutors, extreme lack of actual teaching, the fact I'm essentially guilt-tripping myself into continuing, and my basic, fundamental stupidity...I really don't think I'm cut out for this whole academia thing.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:14 am

Okay. Now for the FOURTH paycheck in a row, I got shorted. This time I only received two hours, and a separate small bonus; still waiting on 80 more hours plus some overtime. The only reason I received the two hours I did was because of a conference call I was on, and those hours got recorded separately. I should be getting the rest by Saturday. This is fucking ridiculous.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 am

Probably time to start looking around for another job. Doesn't seem like they're going to get their act together.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:21 pm

Well, today did not start well.

First, I had a neighbor blocking entire my two-car-wide driveway with thier jeep liberty. No particular reason of course, other than some excuse of it being a busy morning. I don't know how you block my driveway when if you pulled in front of your own, I wouldn't have been an issue, but of course, they were very sorry :rolleyes: of course, that made me late for work, which always annoys me.

Then I found out a few hours ago that today is the last day of a temp job that was said to be guaranteed through the end of March at the earliest... at least I didn't find out after I left like I usually do, so that's something good I guess.

Now I need to scramble and find more work so that I'm not unemployed for too long, as I don't need bills getting backlogged again.

God, I'm exhausted now...
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:02 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:This is fucking ridiculous.

That's putting it mildly.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:16 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:This is fucking ridiculous.

I cancelled an interview I would have had today with an employer after (though not solely because) I checked out info on them from former employees and learned all sorts of bad things including that they never pay on time ("if at all", in some cases apparently), among other issues. Sorry that the same problem happened to you the hard way. For the benefit of others who might otherwise wind up in the same situation, please do remember to get the word out there about your employer (such as through Glassdoor, which is how I learned of the problems with the prospective employer).
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:18 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:For the benefit of others who might otherwise wind up in the same situation, please do remember to get the word out there about your employer.

Last I remember, he said he was working for Five Guys. If a major employer like that can't pay their fucking employees on time, I got two words for them: Class Action.

Get thee to a lawyer for a consultation if this nonsense continues. I'd start looking into some now if I were you.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:22 pm

Sachi, call your state labor board. What they're doing is illegal.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:41 pm

First day back at work after my unintentionally extended hiatus and I overslept :facepalm:
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:00 pm

College starts back up for me tomorrow. Given all the controversy on the news I'm really anxious about it. Especially now that YOU KNOW WHO is president.

and yeah, the class i'm taking is going to be really time intensive, so I'm not going to be able to come back here as much as I'd like or write my Fanfic. :facepalm:

Anyways. Until then. Ciao.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:52 pm

The valets fucked with my audio settings. It was NYC so at least I know they weren't out joyriding.
the prophecy is true

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:52 am

I helped set up a college anime club, only for it to immediately become populated by mumbling turbo-autists and dub-only peasants. On top of that, the member of staff facilitating the thing has basically ruled that we're only watching dubbed stuff now in the name of "accessibility". And given that, judging by the type of people that seem to be attending it, that would mean sitting through hours of generic Shounen trash with awful English voice acting...Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

It's a pity, because I was looking forward to it, but now that it's basically become a special needs social club, I want no part in it.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:05 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:I helped set up a college anime club, only for it to immediately become populated by mumbling turbo-autists and dub-only peasants. On top of that, the member of staff facilitating the thing has basically ruled that we're only watching dubbed stuff now in the name of "accessibility". And given that, judging by the type of people that seem to be attending it, that would mean sitting through hours of generic Shounen trash with awful English voice acting...Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

It's a pity, because I was looking forward to it, but now that it's basically become a special needs social club, I want no part in it.

I'm currently the faculty advisor for an anime club and it was veering off dangerously into this territory until I encouraged the patrician sociopath VP to set up a very clear social-hierarchal hegemony in which he -- and if you want to follow this example, you (as presumably the well-adjusted one, although your recent post history calls that into doubt) proceeds to lord sub-master-race opinions over them and make them feel guilty for their plebeian interests. Also a great way to kill off membership because your ego overrides their ability to enjoy things! Hope that helps Squig! You'll be the only one there left in no time flat :)
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:11 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:and dub-only peasants. [...] I want no part in it.

Heaven forfend that dub-only peasants should share an interest with sub-only elites! </sarcasm>
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:16 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Heaven forfend that dub-only peasants should share an interest with sub-only elites! </sarcasm>

I'm reminded of the passage in the Inferno where Virgil tells Dante that "the 20th circle is for dub peasants" where they are pelted with Squig's opinions as they try in vain to enjoy the latest Bleach episode.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:30 pm

View Original Postran1 wrote:I'm currently the faculty advisor for an anime club and it was veering off dangerously into this territory until I encouraged the patrician sociopath VP to set up a very clear social-hierarchal hegemony in which he -- and if you want to follow this example, you (as presumably the well-adjusted one, although your recent post history calls that into doubt) proceeds to lord sub-master-race opinions over them and make them feel guilty for their plebeian interests. Also a great way to kill off membership because your ego overrides their ability to enjoy things! Hope that helps Squig! You'll be the only one there left in no time flat :)

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or honest advice, but regardless it made my day. Bravo, ran1.

It's funny, because for all the potential jokes that could be made at my expense about me being the only well-adjusted one there...I kind of am. Alas, the club appears to have been set up (without my knowing, I should point out) as a sort of social skills club for special needs students with a stingy serving of synthetic anime sauce on the side. And the other members range from mildly awkward to complete simpletons who manage to bafflingly achieve that most dubious of honours of managing to walk stupid. And whilst I am by no means a well adjusted human being, at least I know how to walk. (Yes I am aware of the irony of a guy with high-functioning autism, oppositional defiance disorder and possibly dyspraxia complaining about the mental faculties of anyone.)

pwhodges wrote:Heaven forfend that dub-only peasants should share an interest with sub-only elites! </sarcasm>

I know. Filthy commoners. Before we know it we'll be watching Nerutu Sand Ninjas or Toilet Cleaner.

I'm reminded of the passage in the Inferno where Virgil tells Dante that "the 20th circle is for dub peasants" where they are pelted with Squig's opinions as they try in vain to enjoy the latest Bleach episode.

This is true. I also moonlight as the chief demon in the 21st circle, where people who call Avatar and RWBY anime get rubbed against a giant cheese grater for eternity, and also the 19th circle, where people who only read flopped manga get held upside down and eternally cut in half with a sheet of paper.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”