Super Smash Bros

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

xyz346
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xyz346 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:20 pm

So it looks like Roy and Ryu really are in. There's even footage up online!

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGmEN59F61Y

RYU Is now a playable character in Smash Bros . . . We've officially reached critical mass.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:03 pm

I left a cheer for Lucas.

SPOILER: Show
Happy Mothers' Day, Lucas!
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:58 am

I haven’t been keeping up with the recent Street Fighters, but did Ryu always sound so constipated?

Roy sure seems popular lately, guess people really did miss him. Every other online match has a Roy in it, on the 3DS at the very least.
I know I’m a dreamer, but I hope that his sales will convince someone somewhere that his game deserves an international re-release, and I hope double that it won’t be on the poxy WiiU like his father’s game. Fire Emblem belongs on handheld consoles.

Blonde fem-Robin is my established main, but I find myself cycling between Marth, Lucina and now Roy when I fancy giving the tomes a rest. Marth for range, Roy for power (Ike’s too damn slow), and Lucina for balance.

Smash Emblem. Make it so.
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:48 pm

well Cloud from FF7 was announced he is going to be in smash
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:17 am

Sweet, that gives me another reason to get the game next year.
[Redacted]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:41 am

Cloud in Smash makes me very happy! In anticipation for the FF7 remake, I wonder?

I just need all 6 Snakes too (Naked, Venom, Solid, Liquid, Solidus, Old), to achieve maximum fangirl happiness :heart:
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:50 am

Linking us to the trailer would have been kind, FM. I wouldn’t have had to have lost a little more faith in humanity as I scrolled through all the duplicate and reaction videos on the tube looking for the real deal. Kids these days…

Having never played FF7 my initial feelings were:
View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:More characters with fucking swords.

Hooray.

But seeing Nintendo and Sony playing nice like this really warms my heart.

Looking forward to seeing the results of the character poll. Let’s just hope Brock Lesnar got enough support. Warning- Kotaku article.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Re: Super Smash Bros

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:19 pm

So uhh, Cloud, Bayonetta, & Corrin are comingto smash and an amiibo for each is coming too.

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:11 am

Darn kids not sharing helpful links…
Bayonetta reveal
Corrin reveal

Too soon for Corrin.

Seriously though- Smash Emblem, it’s in development, right?

Lorkhan
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Lorkhan » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:06 am

So, Clouds cool to play as. His moves flow pretty nicely.

As for the others...man I'm underwhelmed, despite not actually expecting anything. I mean, Bayo's cool and I should be excited for that, but I'm not. As for Corrin, I couldn't care less. Dammit, there are two series that are sorely lacking representation, and we still end up with another sword wielding FE protagonist. Gah.
"Oh Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching you back!"

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:23 am

I would feel more excited about Bayo if I could get her DLC for free but I probably wouldn't be able to pay for it due to Nintendo's region-locking policies. At the very least I'm glad they kept her double entendres and ability to magically lose her clothing rather than censoring the hell out of her.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:27 am

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:Too soon for Corrin.

well the new FE game is also coming out in February so its pretty good marketing to actually put him in although the real reason they're in it is because of Sakurai's infinite boner for FE which I'm perfectly fine with I'm glad KamuiCorrin made it in but i would have preferred someone else from FE14 yeah would have much rather have had Joker, still though everyone's salt over their inclusion infinitely amuses me
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:58 am

Cloud and Bayonetta?! :woohoo:

As for Corrin, I see nothing to grouse about -- some characters wind up in Smash Brothers to satisfy existing fan demand but that's not how all of them work. Even Cloud is as much promotion as pandering. Wasn't Smash responsible for bringing mass awareness of the Fire Emblem series to Western shores in the first place? (That's the way the story seemed to unfold, at least.) I think Corrin's inclusion in Smash will be a good thing for Fates specifically, because the game can get only so much of Awakening's rub given that it's not a direct sequel (the same problem afflicting, for example, FF15 even though it's part of the same franchise as the astoundingly more popular FF7). Even people who knew about Fates and were kinda maybe thinking of buying it at some point (like me) might be pushed just that little bit extra hard now to buy the game.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:51 am

^ You say that but Fates is trying so hard to be awakening in points its funny, as i have said I played the JP version and I actually rank it one of my least favourite fire emblem games because the game itself has almost no identity and is just riding off the tailcoats of the previous games.
Not to mention the plot and characterization in this one.......but that would be spoilers.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:31 am

v1.1.4 is here. Still early days- but there haven’t yet been any discovered nerfs for Cloud.
SmashBoards
Wiki
This displeases me. Bastard has practically zero lag between his attacks. It’s no fun facing a Cloud player.

Corrin’s swatches are dull, they aren’t distinctive enough, and his/her first neutral sword swipe sounds like Donald Duck trying to make a “swish” noise. On the plus side- s/he does play very differently from Marth and the other Emblemiers.

Still waiting to see the complete character poll results. Just how high did Bomberman position?

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:06 am

View Original Postchazthesilencer wrote:v1.1.4 is here. Still early days- but there haven’t yet been any discovered nerfs for Cloud.
SmashBoards
Wiki
This displeases me. Bastard has practically zero lag between his attacks. It’s no fun facing a Cloud player.

Corrin’s swatches are dull, they aren’t distinctive enough, and his/her first neutral sword swipe sounds like Donald Duck trying to make a “swish” noise. On the plus side- s/he does play very differently from Marth and the other Emblemiers.

Still waiting to see the complete character poll results. Just how high did Bomberman position?

I just got back to playing online SSB4 and I'm definitely fed up of all the Cloud players. The worst part is that he seems to be ridiculously popular in Japan so there's a high probability that if I get matched with a Japanese player they're going to pull him out at some point. The guy seems to knock most of the other sword-wielding characters out of the water since his attacks are all so fast and seem to outrange most other melee attacks due to the Buster Sword's length. Then his limit bar fills and he starts firing sword beams around.

I did fight against an annoying Corrin player who had mastered the art of spamming her side special into the ground right at my feet so that she could just keep poking me from afar and then kicking me in the face without facing any retaliation, but most of the others I've seen haven't demonstrated the same level of dexterity.

I finally got around to buying Bayonetta's DLC, and I must say that I'm having a lot of fun playing as her. She's powerful but her unique gimmicks also come with certain flaws which you have to play around, and which prevent her from being overpowered. Witch Time is probably my favourite counter in the game simply because it lets you choose how to retaliate after dodging instead of automatically dealing the same counterattack each time, although it also is a bit harder to land and it's too easy to waste the window of opportunity when you have to control the character instead of just watching an automatic counterattack.

And I'm nothing like you

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Most online clouds like to roll and run away. So much so that Cloud got a completely unnecessary roll nerf. My point is use that info when u play one. They really aren't bad to play against at all. They are boring though when all they do is run away so I get why you find them annoying.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby chazthesilencer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:56 am

I swear- every single (3DS) game online using the F-zero stage lags.
If any more patches are released I hope this poxy stage is blocked.

Pretty much every Japanese player I've encountered favours Mario.
On the whole- character selections online are quite varied these days, which is nice to see. In the very early days: Capt. Falcon, Yoshi and Diddy Kongs were everywhere.
Olimar encounters are still the rarest to come by. Little chap is under-represented.

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:35 am

^I haven't fought many Marios. Cloud seems to be the character I've seen picked the most, although Toon Link and the other DLC characters (particularly Corrin and Ryu) also seem to be very popular.

And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”