Evageeks is a story about repetition

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Evageeks is a story about repetition

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:37 am

Sup fuckers.

I swore I would never set foot in this place again, but that was before I found myself idly scrolling through the forums at 1 in the morning after marathoning all three Rebuilds in a single weekend and I realized that 1) I can't even remember the names of like half the people who made me mad enough to leave and 2) I am legit curious about what the fuck everyone's been up to in the past... however long it's been since I last posted here. So hey, hello.

What's the status quo here now? Any interesting new members or earth-shattering drama? Any forum shitstorm to ever top the AWL fiasco? Do Tarnsman and/or Xard still come here? I always liked those dudes. Did Katana and/or Ran ever come back and are they still complete psychopaths? Did anyone ever get any substantial resolution for the crippling emotional holes in their lives?

Yeah.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: Evageeks is a story about repetition Bl

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:37 am

Uh... hi? If you're not mad though, why the epithets?

I can speak to Xard being here every so often. Ran is not. Katana is not. Dunno about the rest.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Re: Evageeks is a story about repetition

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:14 am

Well, for starters you may notice that the forum has been updated to phpbb3, regularly getting new banners, and there have been some major staff changes.

I suggest giving the rules page a read to refresh yourself, as some of that may have changed in your absence as well.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:16 am

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:I can't even remember the names of like half the people who made me mad enough to leave

Sup, fucker.

What's the status quo here now?

Pretty fucking boring.

Tarnsman doesn't post much, but he is a regular on IRC. I know which channel specifically; if you're really nice, I might tell you. As for "crippling emotional holes": I've had a pretty awesome boyfriend for a while now and since last October I've been living in an apartment with him instead of at the madhouse my folks' place had become.
Last edited by Reichu on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:42 am

Welcome back. Hopefully you find this place less toxic than you'd found it before and choose to stay. ^_^
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:13 am

Maybe a third to a fourth of the forum's regular members converted to Naziism and most of them left vi vique to speak in some form of neo-Semitic.

There is now a cute girl user.

I don't know who Tarnsman is.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:15 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:I don't know who Tarnsman is.

Filthy noob.

J/K.

People leave and return, such is the ebb and flow of life. As we get older and get jobs, spouses, kids, etc. things like EvaGeeks hold less appeal. It's only natural.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:27 pm

View Original PostBrikHaus wrote:Filthy noob.

J/K.

The most memorable thing he did was order a large dragon dildo as some apology to Xard for insulting his waifu, heh.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:56 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Maybe a third to a fourth of the forum's regular members converted to Naziism and most of them left vi vique to speak in some form of neo-Semitic.

This would seem to make sense considering a big part of the reason I left + am still bitter was a handful of... special brethren engaging in antisemitic circlejerks (I can't blame that one on Reichu)

Lavinius wrote:There is now a cute girl user.

There were always one or two. As the token minorities of the perpetual Evageeks soap opera/comedy serial, they seem to come and go through a revolving door.

Lavinius wrote:I don't know who Tarnsman is.

Unforgivable
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:04 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:As for "crippling emotional holes": I've had a pretty awesome boyfriend for a while now and since last October I've been living in an apartment with him instead of at the madhouse my folks' place had become.

That sounds great and I'm genuinely happy for you.

I took a year off from school to work at an after-school program in my hometown, which was a rewarding experience to the point that I'm now seriously considering pursuing that kind of educational work as a day job while I continue experimenting with writing/film at my own pace. At present I've got my own place and I'm working toward belatedly getting my degree and getting out of the higher education system forever (just in time for all my friends to enter grad school).

The biggest Eva-related news since I left is that I now have an original animation cel of Misato from ep. 15 framed in my living room. I bought it instead of a PS4. I had to play Metal Gear Solid V with downgraded graphics and 30fps but by god, it was worth it.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:08 pm

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:That sounds great and I'm genuinely happy for you.

Aw, shucks... :kawaii: Thanks. It's a pretty significant development, and not long before we started seeing each other and planning his move I would've considered the whole thing unthinkable. Next phases of Project Reichu are to (A) get a shitty job I can tolerate and (B) eventually determine if going back to school will help me get a less shitty job I can tolerate more.

Glad to hear you're doing well for yourself, too. We've had our differences and all, but in the absence of continuing provocation I let go of grudges super easy. They're way too much trouble.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:12 pm

View Original PostLavinius wrote:Maybe a third to a fourth of the forum's regular members converted to Naziism and most of them left vi vique to speak in some form of neo-Semitic.

There is now a cute girl user.

I'm actually seriously wondering if that skype group is still there considering its community was built out of paper.
And you mean me or someone else?

Also sup I dont know you but the others seem to so hi.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:12 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I'm actually seriously wondering if that skype group is still there considering its community was built out of paper.

I'm starting to wonder about how many EGF skype groups are still running. I only know of one but I do imagine others exist :chinscratch:

Glad you've got your own place and things seem to be going your way, Gat.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:22 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:I'm starting to wonder about how many EGF skype groups are still running. I only know of one but I do imagine others exist :chinscratch:

I know of at least three.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:32 pm

I can think of four, tops. Maybe a fifth if I'm generous enough to call it a full-fledged chat.

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:41 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:The most memorable thing he did was order a large dragon dildo as some apology to Xard for insulting his waifu, heh.

Considering the size at which most dragons are depicted in illustrations and films, I daren't even ask whether that'd actually fit into a human. Perhaps I'd better ask whether, if hollow, a human would fit into it, and perhaps, whether more than one human would fit into it.

Unless I am misunderstanding the term "large dragon dildo".
The singularity is the rapture for nerds, dude. It's not going to happen. - Chuckman

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:50 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:I'm actually seriously wondering if that skype group is still there considering its community was built out of paper.

I'm pretty sure it still is.
And you mean me or someone else?

Yes.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:00 pm

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:Unless I am misunderstanding the term "large dragon dildo".
Just Google it. :devil:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:02 pm

I only know of one chat, which is probably the one Lavinius mentioned. It's hard to tell if his allegations of Naziism are serious, though; he's more anti-Semitic than any of us. :tongue:
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:56 pm

I'm going to answer this anyway, because it gives me perverse joy.

View Original PostShamsiel-kun wrote:Unless I am misunderstanding the term "large dragon dildo".

Dragon dildos are a subcategory of zoomorphic (animal-shape) sex toy, created specifically to cater to the furry crowd. Of course, no one actually knows what a dragon's genitalia look like, but apparently there exists enough demand that a wide variety of dragon-themed options have emerged regardless. Because they are intended for human use, these dildos tend not to come in orifice-rupturing proportions. (...Though, at one point there was a life-size equine dildo you could own for the very affordable price of $120... But who in their right mind would actually use a gel dildo, regardless of size? Silicone is where it's at.)

You're welcome.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”