The headcanon thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:28 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Shinji is a huge Moonman fan. Gendo however is more of a Kazuhira "Emptying my nine at the welfare line" Miller kind of guy.

I always thought he was too, Gendo "first the doctor then her daughter" Ikari does remind me of Miller.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:36 pm

Only half serious, but, this is Sailor Moon and Eva crossover silliness. One I've had in my head for many years now:

If you're not a fan of both, you'll just be confused, I'm sure  SPOILER: Show
The Sailor Moon R anime's disaster of the future that caused humanity to go into a state of dormancy before Neo Queen Serenity/Usagi awakened humanity centuries later with the Silver Crystal? That was actually Eva's Third Impact.

A Sailor Moon one because anime:

Pretty silly  SPOILER: Show
As of late, I like to think all anime MoTD actually share the same soul although that would make very little sense! The poor baddie, having to constantly die from Sailor Moon's sparkly shoujo power! -o-;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:36 pm

The Anti-AT-Field is underpinned by the Anti-Life Equation.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:00 am

*The Evas are naturally hermaphroditic, though probably Nerv/Seele castrates them.
*Yui will shed all her armor and regenerate into a proper beautiful non-mutiliated human form.
*Arael and Armisael weren't attacking- they realized they had no chance against the goddess that had killed Zeruel- rather, they were trying to negotiate.
~ibi cubávit Lamia, et invénit sibi reiquiem~

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:11 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:*Arael and Armisael weren't attacking- they realized they had no chance against the goddess that had killed Zeruel- rather, they were trying to negotiate.

Interesting. Would you care to explain why you consider this?
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:25 am

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Interesting. Would you care to explain why you consider this?
Because they're not attacking or trying to get to Lilith? Since they're clearly trying to communicate?

I mean, obviously "negotiate" is used somewhat loosely- Adam's Children obviously can't reason or communicate like Lilin can- but it's pretty close.

Actually, wait, come to think of it, if a Knowledge-bearer like Yui can obtain the Fruit of Life by eating the Life-bearer, how could a Life-bearer obtain the Fruit of Knowledge? By communicating with a Knowledge-bearer enough to gain self-awareness? There's symmetry there, and it would also explain why Seele was so worried that an Angel would ask about humanity or whatever- it'd be how an Angel would obtain godhood.

Is that what Armisael- perhaps even Arael- was trying to do?

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:32 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:if a Knowledge-bearer like Yui can obtain the Fruit of Life by eating the Life-bearer, how could a Life-bearer obtain the Fruit of Knowledge? By communicating with a Knowledge-bearer enough to gain self-awareness?

Hmmm. Perhaps this is part of the reason Kaworu was so interested in Shinji. by communicating with him, he gained the awareness he needed to learn freedom of choice and refuse to initiated Third Impact (at least, as long as could before his angelic instincts took over)
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:46 am

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Hmmm. Perhaps this is part of the reason Kaworu was so interested in Shinji. by communicating with him, he gained the awareness he needed to learn freedom of choice and refuse to initiated Third Impact (at least, as long as could before his angelic instincts took over)
I'm not sure what to make of Kaworu. My guess is that, though he had Adam's soul, he had a Lilin body and thus the Fruit of Knowledge. This would mean Fruits are more attached to bodies than to souls, which makes sense, since otherwise whatever Lilin-originated souls are in the MP-Evas would be providing them with the Fruit of Knowledge, making them gods.

Perhaps, then, the reason Yui can act with more rational volition than Kyouko or such is less some Bene Gesserit soul-discipline that she has, as I had thought, and more that her body bears the Fruit of Knowledge?

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:48 am

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Hmmm. Perhaps this is part of the reason Kaworu was so interested in Shinji. by communicating with him, he gained the awareness he needed to learn freedom of choice and refuse to initiated Third Impact (at least, as long as could before his angelic instincts took over)

Hahaha no, K-dawg's motivations were wayyyyyy simpler than that

or perhaps simply

Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:30 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:*Yui will shed all her armor and regenerate into a proper beautiful non-mutiliated human form.

Megami Syourai is totally canon! :thumbsup: I wouldn't mind seeing that outcome for all the remaining Evas.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:10 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Megami Syourai is totally canon! :thumbsup: I wouldn't mind seeing that outcome for all the remaining Evas.
I-I don't know what that means.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:28 pm

Neither do I :huh:

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:52 pm

Dat Google tho...

[url]http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=507004[/url]
Amarantos - an NGE AU, beginning with Asuka, Shinji, and a garden. Take a look. Couldn't hurt.

"Anything can be Evangelion related if you have the will to twist it." -Joseki.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:20 pm

Whoops! Yeah, that's what Yamashita's artbook called Unit 01's final evolution. The one with flowing blue hair! :lol:

SPOILER: Show
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:54 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Whoops! Yeah, that's what Yamashita's artbook called Unit 01's final evolution.

Megami shourai just means "advent of the goddess".
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Sumire is half-Brazilian and lived in what remains of Suzuka City before Near Third Impact, and following that both she and Midori found refuge in the USA. N3I sparked a massive famine across pretty much the entire Pacific seaboard of Asia.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:30 am

The Adams possess vast amounts of N.O. power that manifests through their pseudo-evolved forms and the Doors of Guf. The Doors are interdimensional channels they open to call power or resources.

SPOILER: Show

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Naoko Akagi's mother (Ritz's grandma), was negligent in raising her, didn't teach her any self-worth or give her any love. Likewise, Naoko didn't grow up with a father as well. It's vicious cycle that repeats itself. Ironically, she outlives both daughter and granddaughter....until Instrumentality.

Lavinius
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Lavinius » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:51 pm

Seele practices antique punishments on its enemies; notably castrating them. This is such a headcanon I forget that it's not obvious.

Additionally, the Evas themselves, though naturally hermaphroditic, have been castrated. Maybe also FGMed or such. Both to mark them as Seele's slaves, and because an aroused berserk Evangelion would be counterproductive.

Alternatively, perhaps the castration has the effect of increasing aggression, as with that sort of eunuch who retains lust without the means of satisfying them. Thus Seele's slaves (the Harpies) take out their frustration in cruelty and bloodlust...

But, perhaps, Yui hasn't been defiled in such a manner. Even if she was she'd regenerate her organs with her apotheosis...

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:29 am

View Original PostLavinius wrote:an aroused berserk Evangelion

Why do i want to see this so badly?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”