The headcanon thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:20 pm

Misato and her dad used to get on well thanks to motorsports. He brought her to the 1989 and 1990 Japanese GPs, and they were seated at the Casio Triangle in 1989 and the first corner in 1990. Their relationship took a tumble after they watched the 1994 San Marino GP together. Misato, a devout Senna fangirl, was turned off F1 completely afterwards. She only started liking motorsports again when onboard the ship that rescued her from Second Impact, because some of the crew liked watching classic motorsports of all sorts.

Rebuild
Following Third Impact, Seele orchestrated a mutiny in the US Army, fearing a reprisal from the US government. Numerous organisations, mostly religious fundamentalists of the Abrahamic faiths, pledged their allegiance to Seele, believing (or at least telling their more gullible foot soldiers) that they were working to return humanity to Eden.

Unit-06 (as opposed to Mark.06, because I'd imagine 99.99% of the personnel in NERV-Europe would know of it) was built by France, and began construction around the time Asuka and Eva-02 left for Japan. Unit-07 was built by Canada, and began construction following the destruction of Unit-03. Unit-08 was built by Britain, and was originally in British Racing Green. Unit-09 (as opposed to Mark.09) was planned to be built by Russia, but following Putin declaring allegiance to Seele, it was sabotaged, failing to activate. Unit-06 and Unit-07 are the spearheads of WILLE's Atlantic forces.

SEELE
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE » Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:57 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:The hospital scene was the first and last time Shinji actually jerked off.

Why?
"Shinji repeatedly rises to the occasion, overcomes his own doubts and fears and puts others ahead of himself to the point of self harm. The situation overwhelms him. Victory does not define a hero. Intent does. He breaks at the end, but after inhuman, overwhelming, borderline comedic suffering." - Chuckman talking about Shinji as a hero
Final Fantasy 7 gets a remake. I hope it doesn't goes the same way NTE did.
Plus I kinda want to be done with this franchise for a while and concentrate on other things in life. - Guy Nacks

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:57 am

Because Chaddy says so :tongue:
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:15 pm

Pretty sure in EoE Asuka confirms otherwise.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 pm

^ So? I mean, just read back a few pages: by this point, this thread is just a dumping ground for crack ideas, regardless of whether they have canonical basis or not.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:55 pm

It's a thread for what you believe to be cannon, with said belief being impossible to both be proven and dis-proven
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby amitakartok » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:07 pm

And most seem to take that as an excuse to post crack with zero sense, reasoning and/or seriousness. This thread might as well be in the fanfic forum and there would be zero difference.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:20 pm

A headcannon cannot be proven nor dis-proven. There needs to be some sense to it, otherwise if it's just crack and makes zero sense as you say, then it should no longer be considered headcannon

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:12 pm

Let's try to focus on things that are at least plausible, not goofy nonsense.

Hmm... If I was assigning people college degrees it would go something like this:

SPOILER: Show
Fuyutsuki - MD, Phd in Metaphysical Biology, MS in Biology (pre-med)

Yui - Phd in Metaphysical Biology, MS in Biophysics

Naoko - Phd in AI and Machine Learning, MS in Computer Engineering

Ritsuko - Phd in Bio-Engineering, MS in Computer Engineering

Kyoko - Phd in Bio-Engineering, MS in Materials Engineering

Maya - MS(double) in Computer Science and Computer Engineering

Gendo - MBA, BS(double) in Statistics and Philosophy

Misato - BA in History, minor in Education, ROTC

Kaji - BA in Journalism, minor in Ecology, ROTC

Hyuga - BS in Logistics Management, minor in Human Resources, ROTC

Aoba - BS in Signals Intelligence, minor in Information Technologies, ROTC

Asuka - BS (truncated) in Game Theory
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:21 am

I have one!

Rebuild
Unit-08 has a very high genetic match to Provisional Unit-05. However, Unit-08's genome fixes the problems that Unit-05 had, which had resulted in the older Eva's limb replacement.

Just a thought- and a possible reason to link Mari's evas.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:40 pm

EoTV and EoE are both simultaneously concurrent and separate

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:10 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:EoTV and EoE are both simultaneously concurrent and separate

Compelling. If you actually believe this, please elaborate. Otherwise, if you don't actually believe this, and you simply posted that statement to be controversial, then please stop wasting our time. Thank you.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Simple, both are open to interpretation and carry reasons both for and against concurrency. I can just as easily say yes to either as i can say no. Also i simply prefer to be flexible with interpretation rather then strict. Unless the answer is solid, I wont have any of that "This MUST be the correct ending" nonsense.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:13 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Simple, both are open to interpretation and carry reasons both for and against concurrency. I can just as easily say yes to either as i can say no. Also i simply prefer to be flexible with interpretation rather then strict. Unless the answer is solid, I wont have any of that "This MUST be the correct ending" nonsense.

But your original assertion seems to be that it can be both one AND the other, rather than being one OR the other depending on one's interpretation at a given time. Yes, both are valid interpretations of the show, yet they aren't simultaneously valid together; one can go back and forth between supporting one or the other, but one cannot simultaneously believe that the endings are both separate and together at the same time.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:19 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:one can go back and forth between supporting one or the other, but one cannot simultaneously believe that the endings are both separate and together at the same time.

Hence my flexibility with them

Iuvenal
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Iuvenal » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:42 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Compelling. If you actually believe this, please elaborate. Otherwise, if you don't actually believe this, and you simply posted that statement to be controversial, then please stop wasting our time. Thank you.

I'm relatively new here, and I thought that various ways of "wasting time" were kosher in this subforum (chit-chat) but verboten in the subforum across the street (discussion). Was I wrong?
Pkunk's not dead! Shake yer Rootz!

I carved A +S forever into my left buttock with a pocket knife. My right buttock is dominated by a tattoo of James Brown. - Chuckman

Who did 9/11? The FAR. - Reichu

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:20 pm

This thread has a tendency toward crack theories and wild claims. I simply request that posts made in this thread are made for valid reasons and not for the sake of making a joke. Like NemZ said, let's avoid the goofy nonsense and stick to things that are at least plausible.
- Sachi

Strypgia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Strypgia » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:25 pm

Rei is a closet heavy metal fan.
Getting blown up is less fun than it sounds like. So I wrote Evangelion WAFF: Advice and Trust And now more: A Crown Of Stars
"Speaking of game material, thanks for indirectly reminding me to check the progress on that moe genderbent Hitler dating sim." --Arkalest
"Dabuhbahgahnehvuh!" --Aleph, 18MAY14 "I am a very charming soup" -- LordSquishy, 23FEB15
"If my grandma is stalking me through a forest I'll stop doing peyote." -- Shinanobi, 31AUG14

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:15 am

Sakura grew up around Mari, Asuka and Misato. When she was a tiny tot, Mari and Asuka were her cool bigger sisters, but as her age started to catch up with theirs, she graduated into their close friend and official Third Stooge. They're still tight when off-duty. Sakura idolizes Misato, but I took that idea from a VA interview so it's a bit higher than headcanon. :P

Asuka thinks Sakura is just further proof that something is wrong with Toji. He's surrounded by reasonable people like Hikari and Sakura, yet he's a total ogre. :sakura:

Asuka and Mari's Wille uniforms are red and pink respectively.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:42 pm

Shinji is a huge Moonman fan. Gendo however is more of a Kazuhira "Emptying my nine at the welfare line" Miller kind of guy.

SPOILER: Show
Also expecting serious or (what passes here for) constructive discussion out of a chit-chat thread? I thought that wasn't the point of this section)
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”