The headcanon thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Sorry if this is a repost, but my head cannon is... The pilots are taller. Knowing that the 3 of them are under 5 ft doesn't seem right. Also I am taller than Misato by an inch. Gendo and Fuyu are fine, but why did Shinji get the short genes, Yui was as tall as Gendo.

Like just average them all over 5ft 1 in and we are good.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KobayashiRiku » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:52 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:Sorry if this is a repost, but my head cannon is... The pilots are taller. Knowing that the 3 of them are under 5 ft doesn't seem right. Also I am taller than Misato by an inch. Gendo and Fuyu are fine, but why did Shinji get the short genes, Yui was as tall as Gendo.

Like just average them all over 5ft 1 in and we are good.

To be fair, developmentally speaking they aren't finished growing. You never know, maybe if we flashed forward 4-6 years Shinji would be taller than Gendou. Also keep in mind, that Asians are typically shorter than other ethnicities, not everyone can be Yao Ming

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:54 pm

Yui's actually 5'6" while Gendo's 6', but it's a fair point nonetheless. The kids shouldn't be as short as they are. Artistic license and all of that.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:54 pm

^^ Hmm, them being "late-bloomers" makes a lot of sense... And personally I was done by 14, but you are right, people can keep growing past 18 in some rare cases.

^ Bagheera ya Ninja!

But yea they are too short, almost legal midgets.
Last edited by Sicarius VI on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

KobayashiRiku
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KobayashiRiku » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:56 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:^^ Hmm, them being "late-bloomers" makes a lot of sense... And personally I was done by 14, but you are right, people can keep growing past 18 in some rare cases.

I didn't reach 6' 1 until I was 19 years old. Give 'em time to grow. :D

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:22 pm

My headcanon, minor though it may be: Asuka and Shinji are the same height all their lives.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Gendo avoids the all-too-frequent staff weddings not just because he's an aloof jerkass, but because he always cries at such events and it would totally kill his imposing veneer forever. He still takes it as an insult when he isn't invited to such an occurrence even though everyone knows he won't attend.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:11 pm

Nah man Asuka turns into a d-cupped six foot tall amazonian warrior queen.

It is known.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:32 pm

Despite her usual demeanor, Rei listens to happy hardcore and is terrified her secret will be discovered.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:18 pm

After Third Impact, there was a strong push to develop an alternative to the standard manned Eva unit. This lead to the development of the Mark.04 drone series by Nerv/IPEA and the Jet Alone v3 by the JSDF or a third party. Powered by N2 reactor technology and equipped with RS Hoppers, it's the safer but less effective alternative to the Evangelion and makes up the bulk of Wille's ground forces.

There's gotta be some reason there were only seven more Evas in that time period! :tongue:
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:30 am

Another Impact was really a nightmare Shinji was having about himself shortly after Q
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:38 am

Asuka and Shinji end up together.
Shinji is very good at and loves cooking. (Is this actually established in any existing canon? I know we see him doing it but that seems more out of him having no choice)
Asuka's mother was a fan of Marillion (Particularly the album Misplaced Childhood)
Shinji is terrified of spiders and has to get Asuka to dispose of them.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:33 am

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Another Impact was really a nightmare Shinji was having about himself shortly after Q

:| :| :| ^_^ I like this!

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:56 am

-If Shinji and Asuka got married, Shinji would be the domestic, stay-at-home Dad taking care of Son/Daughter and Asuka would be the breadwinner working all day, all night traveling frequently between Germany and Japan as a businesswoman (she has an MBA), never having a moments peace and would barely be present at home. There'll the be the occasional kisings/snuggling but everything else would be long distance relationship.

-If Rei Ayanami were actually human, she'd probably be Asuka and Shini's doctor and the pediatrician of their kids. In her spare time, she'd be taking care of her talking Galapagos penguin, who's the last of his kind in the 2030/2031.

-Gendo was Yui's bootlicker, if you know what I mean....

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:45 am

Another minor one of mine:

-- Asuka's actually a decent (not great, just decent) cook, but she's too lazy to bother most of the time.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:52 am

Asuka is friends with Franziska von Karma, and is a deft hand with both a whip and a riding crop.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:18 pm

Asuka once walked across the waters to heal an injured swan.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:53 pm

^

I could have sworn this was main canon....
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:08 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Nah man Asuka turns into a d-cupped six foot tall amazonian warrior queen.

It is known.

Oh ANIMA, will they ever adapt you?
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Ash1969
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ash1969 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:09 am

View Original PostAsh1969 wrote:I wrote down my headcanon on the personal details of all the named and unnamed characters (Name, Date of Birth, Alma Mater, Degree, and Place of Birth). If anyone's interested I'll post it up in the thread.

Since no one seemed to mind either way about it, here's my headcanon:

SPOILER: Show
American SEELE Member
George Ramage
Born February 24 1964

French SEELE Member
Jean Strasbourg
Born June 24 1965

British SEELE Member
Gerald Burke
Born August 5 1956

Russian SEELE Member