[Maybe Spoilers] Theory on the 4 adams

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Cupa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cupa » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:01 pm

I kinda found a clue, i think... Nabû-kudurrī-uṣur I. (Nebuchadnezzar I) can be translated to "Nabû, protect my eldest son" or "Nabû, protect the border". Nabu (in Biblical Hebrew Nebo נבו[1]) is the Assyrian and Babylonian god of wisdom and writing. I tried to found a match in the NGE angels, but i couldnt find one. Maybe third or seventh could mean wisdom or writing (both are kinda mechanical, so...). Oh and btw the "eldest son"... It could refer to the eldest angel in a specific religion but I think it could be Zeruel (becus angel of strenght...).

I hope someone can follow me and help to complete this trace :D

EDIT: While writing this, I forgot what I wanted to write xD The key could be the key for Adam 1. OR he kinda protected something with his life. The point is, that the key could protect an angel or a border (maybe the border betwen Lilith and Adam? That would make sense because Adam sacrificed himself to safe the Lilin and don't come in contact with Lilith....)

NGE can be quite complicated D:
Well, i had to fill something in here... so here we go!

I will expand this as soon as i can ;D.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:24 pm

Here's the Nebuchandnezzer thread for reference: http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/8587/Key-of-Nebuchadnezzer-Speculation/
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:16 am

FWIW, chalk outline = something from Second Impact, according to 1.0's Entry File 1 book. (Forget exact wording but still.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Corpex
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Corpex » Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:52 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:
Now for the money question: why is there apparently only one soul to go along with four Adams? Kaworu refers to himself as the First Angel, not part of or one of the First Angels...

SPOILER: Show

I think there are 4 souls per Adam. If we agree with Cupa´s theory, we can assume that Seele is able to own the soul of Adams and place them into human bodies. We can assume also that Seele has collected during this years 4 Adams with their own souls (or at least 3 if we don´t count ¨Nerv EVA13¨)

Seeing the picture above I can imagine some sort of failed tests with clones of Kaworu and maybe different souls of Adams.

In fact it wouldn´t surprise me if we saw another coffin opening in 3.0+1.0

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:07 pm

I think the even bigger question is how do the four Adams tie with Kaworu's previous experiences with Shinji (assuming he had any)
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Cupa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cupa » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:52 am

Maybe - just maybe - these souls were inserted into Evangelions?

If only one part of adam must be present for them to be able to awake - why not the soul for the rest of the evangelions? As a backup if Unit 01 or Mark 13 fail?

Then we would have this setup:

Evangelion 0:
Lilith / Rei I
Evangelion 1:
Adam / Yui's Soul
Evangelion 2:
Litith / Adam's Soul
Evangelion 3:
Lilith / Neither
Evangelion 4:
Lilith / Neither
Evangelion 5:
Lilith / Adam's Soul (?)
Evangelion Mark 6:
Adam / Neither (becus Kaworu's Soul)
Evangelion Mark 9:
First, Lilith / Neither
Later, Lilith / Adam(s?)

("The Mark.09 is also referred to by Wille as the "Vessel" or container of the Adams." Could be a clue for more than one A-Souls)

Evangelion Mark 13:
Adam / Neither (becus Kaworu's Soul)

(Maybe:
Wunder:
Adam or Lilith / Adam's Soul (?) )

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:00 am

Another thing iv'e noticed is that both times we see all four Adam's (Jo's next time preview and Ha's flashback), the third Adam has it's core obscured

Jo's next time previewImage

Ha's flashbackImage[/spoiler]
Never let the flame that is hope burn out, for despite the length of the night, the sunrise will always come
""Trolling the audience" is the same thing as "challenging the audience" (to an audience that doesn't want to be challenged)." -Reichu

Cupa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cupa » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:21 pm

Here's another thing:

Kaji states that Evangelion 01 awakened too soon. So we can think that SEELE or Gendo first planned to awaken all Adams together (or all Evangelions together?).

But why?

Maybe... (this is only speculation) is Adam somehow related to the Door of Guf? I dont know how, but it would be interesting :D.

Btw, thanks guys for all of you who replied and supported the theory :3!

Signer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Signer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:23 pm

Hm, if Adams, from which Mark. 9 was created, was taken apart, that would explain why Eva 13 doesn't have AT-field.
Where is the center of the multiverse?
I'm the center of the multiverse.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:34 pm

View Original PostSigner wrote:Hm, if Adams, from which Mark. 9 was created, was taken apart

Wait, What? :huh:

Signer
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Signer » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Well, maybe Vessel was originally some outer part of Adams.
Where is the center of the multiverse?
I'm the center of the multiverse.

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:00 pm

I thought Mk.09 was the Wunder core that was molded into a humanoid shape?

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:59 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:Now for the money question: why is there apparently only one soul to go along with four Adams? Kaworu refers to himself as the First Angel, not part of or one of the First Angels...

I mean if a single soul can control all the parts of clockiel, surely they would be able to control four possible parts of a single angel, were the four adams indeed four parts of a single entity.

The entire scenario of these Adams has always perplexed me as to their significance. Why the change from one? What makes them special or different from regular angels or Evas? Is it the ability to form into radiant giants? Questions that will (not) be answered in 3.00+1.00.
Leave Shinji alone

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:19 pm

Legacy: The problem with that supposition is that it completely fails to explain why Mark.09 is a "vessel of Adams". (On a logistics basis, Mark.09 is like the worst addition to this mythos ever...)

View Original PostSgt. Griff wrote:I mean if a single soul can control all the parts of clockiel, surely they would be able to control four possible parts of a single angel, were the four adams indeed four parts of a single entity.

Clockiel's parts aren't physically connected, but they come together to form a single cohesive body, governed by a single core. The Adams have four separate bodies, governed by at least three separate cores. I suppose you could argue that a single soul is occupying all of those cores simultaneously via some kind of rubber physics trickery, but if this is the case it raises further incomprehensible questions like how this circuit could be disrupted for the purposes of stashing that soul inside a bishounen.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Arcadia's legacy
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby Arcadia's legacy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:37 pm

Mk.09 is the Wunder's original master, attempted to steal it back from 01, and is a full body core. naturally i assume Mk.09=Wunder core. It's an Adam's vessel? well my best guess is that either the Wunder has a connection to them (we do find it in an Arctic-like enviroment) or some wacky sci-fi antics were performed involving the Adams (somehow) to mold the core into an EVA

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:24 pm

I can see why you would come to the conclusion that you did, but it just doesn't seem to work, what with Mark.09's alternate designation being "1st Vessel of Adams". It's hard to make any sense out of this whatsoever. We not only have the "Vessel of Adams" part implying that Mark.09 is something that acts as an Adams container (most likely the spiritual kind of container) in some way, but the "First" (Dai Ichi) part indicating that there are hypothetically more of these things.

Best I can bullshit offhand, working together various angles of bullshit we've accumulated over the years:

- "Vessel of Adams" just means "core that came from one of the Adams". (Still required: explanation for why Mari said Rei would become one if she didn't abandon the unit fast.)

- Mark.09 could have originally been part of either Eva-01 or Eva-13. It was isolated from its source Adam and used for weird experiments on core material. (More predictable artificial cores were installed in 01 and perhaps, eventually, 13.) Core's metamorphic properties, combined with the infinite energy one might expect from an Adam core, eventually yielded the freakish abomination of the Evangelion mythos that is a functional Eva unit made completely out of sparkly red shit.

- The comment about Mark.09 being Wunder's original master is a reference to the Wunder's ties to the Adams as some kind of intergalactic transport or who the fuck knows.

- In a competition for Wunder control, an original Adam core without a body will always win over an original Adam body hosting a counterfeit core.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:13 pm

View Original PostArcadia's legacy wrote:Another thing iv'e noticed is that both times we see all four Adam's (Jo's next time preview and Ha's flashback), the third Adam has it's core obscured

Jo's next time preview

Ha's flashback[/spoiler]

If it's not just an odd coincidence, then it's probably a spoiler that would give away the Adam's current whereabouts. But if the triclops is Unit 01, why bother hiding the core? Unit 01 lacks the two micro-cores in Rebuild, so there's nothing remarkable about the one it has:
SPOILER: Show

Unless it has two cores in its natural form, like pseudo-evolved Unit 01 and the Eva in the IPEA's logo. But if that's the case, where'd the other one go? :uhh:

I've just given up trying to understand what the Vessel of Adams is supposed to be. Need more info! :lol:
Last edited by BlueBasilisk on Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:25 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:Unless it has two cores in its natural form, like pseudo-evolved Unit 01 and the Eva in the IPEA's logo. But if that's the case, where'd the other one go? :uhh:

They stuck it in Eva-00 to make the best use of resources. :tongue:

(Incidentally, I haven't been able to find a shred of evidence that Eva-01 still has two cores when she reverts back to non-glowy form. It may be a Radiant Giant-only feature.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:34 pm

It makes as much sense as anything else, really. And they've been very cagey about showing us Unit 01's body after the end of 2.0. The best we can tell is that it has its chest armor back.

And since you ninja'd me while I was editing my post, I'll just throw this in here:

I also wondered if Mark.09 might have been created from Eva 13 somehow. It takes control from Rei and "awakens" into that autonomous mode at almost the exact same time as Eva 13. It must not be able to do that normally, otherwise there'd be no reason to have Rei pilot it at all. Mari does say Rei's the "fill-in pilot."

Wouldn't that be an interesting parallel? Unit 00 being made from Unit 01 and Mark.09 being made from Eva 13?
Someday I hope that we'll be reunited if that is what's destined to be. Perhaps we'll discover that elusive bible. And then we will finally be free!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:57 pm

View Original PostBlueBasilisk wrote:And they've been very cagey about showing us Unit 01's body after the end of 2.0. The best we can tell is that it has its chest armor back.

If you look at the genga of Eva-01 getting speared and instantly reverting, it goes from clearly having two cores to only having a (now skewered) solar plexus-situated core. (I don't have a scanner set up, so you'll have to live without a picture right now...)

I also wondered if Mark.09 might have been created from Eva 13 somehow. (...) Wouldn't that be an interesting parallel? Unit 00 being made from Unit 01 and Mark.09 being made from Eva 13?

That would work with my suggestion above about 01 or 13 being the probable source. And interesting parallel, indeed!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”