EGF's House of Lonely Hearts

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:55 pm

^

I'll drink to that Princess. :cheers:

To being single! :lol:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:30 pm

If you had a bad breakup, it's honestly just best to move on from that situation, anyway.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:44 pm

*snip*
Last edited by r1cepurin on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:16 pm

I'm definitely thankful that my first actual relationship (some dating in the past, but never really went anywhere) was a long distance online relationship (1,886 miles apart, depending where I lived at the time) with my best friend. We've had bumps along the way due to life being life, but I couldn't be happier since the almost 3 years ago when I've moved in with him.

In the meantime of living apart, we visited as we could, which helped, too.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:40 pm

*snip*
Last edited by Catamari on Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:58 pm

*snebbidy snab*
Last edited by r1cepurin on Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:15 pm

:lurk:

Well, in any case, distance is something that's about to become way less of a roadblock for me with someone I've had feelings for for a long time, though it doesn't necessarily mean any positive romantic developments.

All you people who are happy together really need to take stock of what you have and not take it for granted. I'm not saying that you don't; just something to keep in the back of your minds.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:26 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:All you people who are happy together really need to take stock of what you have and not take it for granted.

Couldn't agree with you more. In general, many people forget that.

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Ieyasu » Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:30 am

My 8 yr relationship has steadily becoming more and more platonic.

While a part of me is cool with that because reasons, it really, REALLY sucks to have the one person you wanna be with slowly relegate you to buddy status because your changing morphology don't do it for them no more. I kinda wanted to get married and emigrate. I guess that ain't happenin' no more.

Not saying that's wrong. It just sucks.
WHERE'S PAUL VERHOEVEN WHEN YOU NEED HIM

Ispellnogood
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ispellnogood » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:47 am

Thank god I’m not a member of this sad house.

I’ve never been alone since my darling with a beautiful and exotic name become part of my love life.

Like all relationships there’s ups and downs.

Even when we take a break and see other people, we always end up back together.

It’s destiny in the truest form.

Righthandia, you’re one ugly bitch when I give you eyeballs and make you talk.
But baby lets face it we are one.

But seriously I’ve never really suffered too much from the lonelies. I think it’s because I’m quite sure of my hotness. The kind of hotness that leans toward the cute/pretty boy side. I’m counting on it staying that way, even as I fall into inevitable decline of old age.

Ari
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ari » Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:10 pm

gaaaahhh. not exactly fitting but related. a friend of mine asked me out but i'm not really attracted to them. so like?? i'll go on dates just to try it out but i can't really see myself in a relationship

and also, like i have never really been "in love" with someone or even had a crush.. except for like the kind where you just really want to be close friends. i guess i've never been a romantic person?

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Still, why was Mars *his* future?

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:13 am

Sora deserved to be with Matt. It's an end of an era for m--Tai.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Xeroko
Forum Maid
Forum Maid

•      
  •      

Postby Xeroko » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:20 am

No luck dating anyone since i stopped seeing that guy, im pretty peeved and frustrated tbh
Clocks and Maids
Don't believe in yourself, believe in the maid who believes in you! <3
The Ewan McGregor and Jaime Lannister Fangirl of EGF
My cakes will pierce the heavens!
Maidly Quote: "I'll punish you in high heels!"

[url]http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt111/Xero103/1297051910683.jpg[/url]
~=Gothic Lolita=~
EGF's Herald of Slaanesh

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:44 pm

I was doing my OkCupid profile and this question came up.

Bryan
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bryan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:31 am

^ Ah yes, the pantheism deal breaker question. Honestly though, that's what I love about okcupid, enough random questions that 1 of them might perfectly describe your weirdness.

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:31 am

Ah OkCupid questions...that's what happens when you just let everyone write a question and hope for the best

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:18 pm

So im feeling very lonely and very shit recently, telling myself i don't need a gf right now doesn't help because i do but my personality really doesn't mesh well with others.

Haven't been taking care of myself enough recently and im getting a bit of chub plus a ton of spots.
This is not fun in any way.
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:09 pm

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:So im feeling very lonely and very shit recently, telling myself i don't need a gf right now doesn't help because i do but my personality really doesn't mesh well with others.

Haven't been taking care of myself enough recently and im getting a bit of chub

I have that problem sometimes, I just down beer and listen to synth to forget it.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:16 am

I've taken a huge step forward on OkCupid by finally actually using the site -- messaging and "like"-ing people.

It all began when, one day, after some 10 months of not even looking at the site, I finally got the courage to get back into looking at the matches I kept getting emailed, and by chance I found one I actually wanted to talk to: someone not just into anime and video games, but many of the same as I am. Her profile was definitely written in my "native language" with such message-me-if lines as "you want to 1-v-1 in SSB4 (no Brawl plz)" and "you are a pilot and want to be my boyfriend. Kyun kyun, motherfucker! :P".

She never responded to my message despite the passage of several days and her having visited the site over that time, so I take it she's just not into me, but just knowing that there are people on the site who check that many of my personal boxes was encouraging, because she can't be the only one. I drastically altered my profile to be way more open (that is, putting my love of anime and video games front and center instead of being so shy about it), inspired by hers, and I hope someone who likes mine as much as I like theirs is receptive to my next attempt. :kaos_victory:

Even though I have yet to meet anyone or even to have an interaction over the site just yet, I feel so much more content with my life right now after this experience. The first time doing anything new and frightening, especially in the social arena, is always extremely hard for me; I'd spent a long time just wallowing in my loneliness without really taking steps to improve the situation, especially considering the stigma associated with online dating (despite the increasing number of successful couples I know of who met through OKC in particular, including people who are now married). Now that I've finally taken this critical step, who knows, before long I might go on the first date of my life. :lol:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:23 am

View Original PostRosenakahara wrote:So im feeling very lonely and very shit recently, telling myself i don't need a gf right now doesn't help because i do but my personality really doesn't mesh well with others.

Haven't been taking care of myself enough recently and im getting a bit of chub plus a ton of spots.
This is not fun in any way.

I'd recommend exercising more. It relieves stress, at the very least. When I'm on the last stretch of a 10 or 20km run and almost dying, I don't have to think about the futility of the quest for love.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”