Anno's Animator Expo

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:30 pm

Wouldn't it be the 17th because their are 5 Friday's in July this year?

Also didn't consider any to be Godzilla, but that's a nice thought.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:01 am

News on the site

Talk show with directors from "Japan Anima (tor)'s Exhibition" to be held on July 18! Hideaki Anno, Kazuya Tsurumaki, Mahiro Maeda and other directors will appear on the stage. We will also annnounce the lineup of the third season in this event.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:22 pm

I picture a crazed fan holding Anno at gunpoint demanding him to "Get in the fucking studio" and complete 4.0.

Or someone will just politely inquire what the status is regarding Final.

Either of those two options are very likely.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:29 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:I picture a crazed fan holding Anno at gunpoint demanding him to "Get in the fucking studio" and complete 4.0.

To all fans in Japan and abroad. Please do not hold anyone, much less Anno at gunpoint. That can only end badly, either he dies and Final is never completed. Or he becomes so mad at us he screws us (and Shinji) over even more just to give us the middle finger.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:36 pm

It was a joke. Much the same way Shinji is pretty much forced to "Get in the fucking robot" a lot of the time.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Well it doesn't seem like it's going to even be the 17th, definitely not the 10th.

Can't wait, I want to know already if we are getting an 3.0+1.0 preview or not.
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Of course you know in your heart of hearts that we will not. That is a future project; Anime Expo is the present one.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:17 pm

I actually didn't watch much of the last batch of shorts. Lots of stuff on my plate and all. I'll try to watch them before they're taken down, since I did follow bits and bobs of the conversation here and you all (or at least a majority of you) seemed to enjoy the shorts most of the time.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:00 pm

More News -

Apply Now! 14 Directors will Discuss “The Future of Animation Industry” Gift for All Visiters: Reproduction of Key Animation (4 types at randam)

http://animatorexpo.com/news/94

Edit- So I guess this would tie into what Anno was saying about the industry.

Edit2- More News - http://animatorexpo.com/news/95

ニコニコ23.5時間テレビにて生中継決定!「劇場上映 日本アニメ(ーター)見本市」トークイベント

Or
Smiling 23.5 hours to live determined by the TV! " Theatrical Japanese animation ( Ta ) trade fair " Talk Event

Edit-
July 18 (Sat) Shinjuku Wald 9 Talk event "Japanese anime (Ta) trade fair EVA-01 screening" to be held in was decided to be broadcast live by smiling 23.5 hours in the TV!

Eg, "it went well wide of the ticket lottery!" And "An attempt was made to purchase had been sold out!", Everyone who was not able to narrowly get a ticket, please enjoy all means smile live!
Since the live broadcast will be only one hour at the beginning of the talk event, please understand.

"Japanese anime (Ta) trade fair EVA-01 screening" live details
Relay time: July 18 (Sat) 20:30 to 21:30
Program information page: http: //live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv225962212
It will start from 18:00 ※ 23.5 hours TV July 18 (Saturday), but the relay of talk events I will be from 20:30.
smiling 23.5 hours TV and the
July 18 (Sat) 18:00 to the 19th (Sun) is a special program to be send by 23.5 hours Buttoshi live broadcast until 17:30. Raw LIVE and Hiromi's propagation set .inc, Ishihara Shintaro's live appearance, from the athletic meet of the drone to matchmaking of water flea, we are many things while Torimaze hardness!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:26 pm

From what I can tell, it's 初号上映 (First [room?] screening) and nothing about our Yui-sama. :( Hopefully we'll get more details when the Animator Expo Public Talk draws closer on NicoNico tomorrow the 18th!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:53 am

More News- http://animatorexpo.com/news/96

Lineup of the Third Season Revealed!
The lineup of the third season of “Japan Anima (tor)'s Exhibition” is now out!
Three episodes from the third season will be on screen in advance at 10 theaters in Japan from July 25. About the theatrical screening, please check here for more details.

Season 3 Line up -

Edit -
So we have one named "NEON GENESIS IMPACTS" so Evangelion, but it seems it would be NGE? Also Ultraman, and I really want to see HAMMERHEAD.

Note that it was not announced when this new season starts. Also it looks like there will be 11 shorts totaling at 35 in total. Also I really wounder what the unannounced short is aka the (To Be Determinded).

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:43 am

^I'm intrigued as to what the NGE short will be about. Anno isn't involved so it's probably not canon (again) but what's Yuhei Sakuragi's style, does he have any notable past works that might give us an idea of what to expect?
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:02 am

I was trying to look for that, but I don't know. I can't seem to find anything.

BlueBasilisk
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby BlueBasilisk » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:15 am

It seems he was an animator for 009 Re:Cyborg and the CG Director for The Case of Hana and Alice. That's all I've been able to find.

Source: http://otakumode.com/news/54b8bd5871ebba1a5c841495/Latest-Movie-Poster-Released-for-Shunji-Iwai-s-%E2%80%98The-Case-of-Hana-and-Alice%E2%80%99

Edit: This poster is apparently his work:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROMO-POSTER-BLACK-ROCK-SHOOTER-Inu-x-Boku-SS-Secret-Service-BRS-Ririchiyo-ANIME-/231158557052

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:37 pm

uuuuuuuugh they're doing the weird thing again with the moonrunes.

新世紀いんぱくつ。

Impacts is written in hiragana rather then katakana which would usually be used for engrish.

Hyped as fuck for Hiroyuki Okiura's short though.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:18 pm

35 shorts now?! Wicked! A pleasant surprise!

Any idea when they'll start airing on the site again? If the 2 week theatrical showing starts July 25th I guess they'll either start on that day - that way people who see it in theaters only have to wait a week to see a new short after the Expo leaves the cinema - or they'll start Season 3 on August 7th.

Anyone know?

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:39 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Anyone know?

Unfortunately no. But it seems to be right to suggest that it will start after the screening.

Also more news - http://animatorexpo.com/news/97 (With this one it won't translate to English)

According to a translator the page says -

7/18 (Sat) preceding screening talk event "Japanese anime (Ta) trade fair EVA-01 Screening" report

July 18 (Sat), held the "Japanese animation (Ta) trade fair EVA-01 screening" at Shinjuku Wald 9, Anno Hideaki director, Kazuya Tsurumaki director, Masahiro Maeda supervision, such as the "Japanese anime (Ta) trade fair" creators who served as a director with the public works number was the podium.

In addition to announced the third season work lineup in the event, and conducted a roundtable discussion to talk about the future of the animation industry. Current Status and Issues of the animation industry, we talked about the outlook. Also, it boosts the "Japanese anime (Ta) trade fair" Yamadera Koichi's has served as a voice actor in, voice messages by grace's two people Hayashibara also published venue.

Recently in the anime industry, it has been often talked about low-wage problem of animator, but, but "severe to severe for Anno director this problem, elusive as the outlook I think is not without. Industry-wide system Thailand. There is also a plane does not come people in the industry, speak and severe. "In Japan, only business scheme.

In addition, Dwango Kawakami Ryo-sei that was on stage in the position that producer "anime industry scale is small for social influence. Site even industry scale becomes larger as it this remains severe. Should I Ikere change there In "and I commented.

On the other hand, Aramaki Shinji director and had been talking among themselves 30 years ago when I was entered in the "industry and I'm this industry already useless, it might go followed unexpectedly and to have luck well. However, with no time to lose somehow no longer Do not be it. "and was raised again problem.

In addition, as a message to the young people, which aims to animator future, Honma Akira director as "easy to not say that's fun work, but cozy good job there is a challenging if there is a belief that to work the picture" comment.

Tanihigashi coach that had a salaried worker to 10 years ago sent a "to the I want. '10 Before luck '10 myself, it is not and I think I believe that to say that you are on stage doing now this way," said Yale .

Events the second half, and carried a large question meeting supervision team to answer questions from users.

"Japanese animation (Ta) that it has changed and what was the image of the previous trade fair of planning and, the impact of the creator?" To the question, is Anno director until "Japanese anime (Ta) trade fair is the third season thinking no Te, I was thinking with two cool position. creators say that want to participate to see is for me is I was happy coming. Toka stop motion Toka shadow, but it should be in anime there are a variety of fun, of such diversity some new work does not come out. Because it's that want to see the work that diversity was in the planning (intention) it, but. not a mainstream thought I Na was good to do, and spread to people in the industry is it "and the answer I think and be, as" simple animation is interesting. I if it is Tsutaware ", and spoke about the significance of" Japanese anime (Ta) trade fair ".

From the user, and voice, "Do not you support the direct creators such as crowdfunding" also. Although this is Anno director said that "animation is cheap, take a pretty money to make one. Great for it by taking the original, Japanese animation (Ta) trade fair it is possible because deficit assumptions. First than money In feeling, you are making only in the love of anime. While feeling happy, the money was stated it somehow comes because "and words of gratitude.

Then, there is a question, "I want to support the animation industry so good even poor ability to. be able to do something", you will want. It is a force for Amemiya Tetsu director this come to "anime really like people industry "and answers. Anno director to this comment had been showing "Amemiya, I. Was impressed the first time in a long time say a good thing" and smile.

The event then, through a large raffle for gifts to visitors the supervision team of autographs, implementation and work of Japanese anime (Ta) trade fair first season, the preceding screenings of three works of the third season. We were enjoy the powerful image of the giant screen unique.

Edit - Seems to be a wrap up of the two talk shows they had.

distopia
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby distopia » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:54 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:35 shorts now?! Wicked! A pleasant surprise!

Any idea when they'll start airing on the site again? If the 2 week theatrical showing starts July 25th I guess they'll either start on that day - that way people who see it in theaters only have to wait a week to see a new short after the Expo leaves the cinema - or they'll start Season 3 on August 7th.

Anyone know?

Maybe july, 31?

ちなみに劇場上映の最後には「エヴァ」次回予告BGM(シン・エヴァ予告ver.)と共に、日本アニメ(ーター)見本市・サードシーズンの7月31日配信開始が告知されました。

詳しい情報は、今後公式サイトで発表されると思われます。

http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-3896.html

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:45 pm

PROMO #3

GET HYPED

http://animatorexpo.com/promotional03/

There were a few shots of some unknown girls in Eva school uniforms, so I guess that Shin Seiki Impacts things won't be covering the main cast

EDIT:

Yep, those girls are definitely 3DCG, which matches with the director of the Impacts short coming from a 3D animator background

Last edited by TMBounty_Hunter on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:46 pm

NEEEHHAHHSHADGEH! HYPE!

Sorry can't contain myself. Looks awesome with the everything that will be released, but the Hitman took a turn pulling a Boa Hancock.

Edit - Yea that is no doubt Toyko-3 in the background. It would be nice to see some Eva from the non-main cast. Really wounder what it is about.

Hammerhead looks like it is just going to be crazy animation, possibly the reason why it was delayed from the 2nd Season.

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”