Silent Hill

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:43 pm

PT was removed from the PSN Store too, since it was Kojima...

Konami's one day seriously going to regret pissing him off with this and MGS, aren't they?

I mean, PT seriously scared the piss out of me (Downloaded it Day 1, we couldn't even finish the demo), and it was so interesting!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:32 pm

I don't know if they will regret it. They are already hiring for the next Metal Gear game. Let's see what numbers MGSV will pull. I am reading some extreme reactions like ''i won't buy TPP and i won't ever buy a Konami game again''. This makes no sense since Kojima is directing TPP and it will be his final MGS game.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:10 pm

Regret it as in, losing fans, letting him go since he's a brilliant guy, etc.

Guess we'll see where they go from here.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:20 pm

Konami

FFFUUUCCCKKK YYYOOOUUU

Shinoyami65 wrote:This is actually counter-productive to the idea of them actually making a noteworthy game and some profit for the first time in god-knows-how-long.

Best case scenario: Konami goes out of business right quick, Kojima buys the rights to MGS and SH.

:pray:
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:15 pm

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/26/8500549/silent-hills-canceled-kojima-konami-pt-guillermo-del-toro-norman-reedus

:facepalm: Basically the studio just tossed out years' worth of rep. Unfuckingbelievable.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:57 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Kojima buys the rights to MGS

I think Kojima would be the last person to buy the rights to MGS. He's been trying to get out of the series for years now.

Even though I wasn't interested in it, I hate seeing Silent Hills get cancelled and I feel bad for the fans. It always sucks when a game gets axed because of corporate infighting.
[Redacted]

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:53 am

I walked. I could do nothing but walk.

And then, I saw me walking in front of myself.

But it wasn't really me.

Watch out.

The gap in the door... it's a separate reality.

The only me is me.

Are you sure the only you is you?

I can only hope that the project is somehow revived in the future. But Kojima better be involved, otherwise it would be like how the Twin Peaks revival being made without David Lynch feels. Just wouldn't be right.

Maybe I can travel to a separate reality where Silent Hills' production ran smoothly and it was released to major commercial and critical success. I just need to find the right door...

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:10 am

Funny story, I became a fan of Norman Reedus and his Walking Dead character through his association with Silent Hills, not the other way around. The first time I saw Reedus at the end of a let's-play of P.T. and PewDiePie called him "Daryl?" I just assumed "Daryl" was a protagonist or other character from one of the many off-team Silent Hill games I never played. Only later (probably minutes later) I learned he was in fact a character from The Walking Dead, and as a result when I finally got around to watching that series I paid a lot of attention to his character (at least after I remembered the connection) and became quite a fan.

View Original PostIronEvangelion wrote:I think Kojima would be the last person to buy the rights to MGS. He's been trying to get out of the series for years now.

After the first few times he said he was leaving the series I just assumed he kept coming back because he really wanted to despite what his mouth kept saying.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:44 am

If Konami isn't willing to make the game, maybe Kojima can create the full game on Minecraft?

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dima » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:05 am

For all we know Kojima had only a part in the development of Silent Hills. They never confirmed he would be the director. I think his role would be that of supervisor like in the Lords Of Shadows. In the credits of P.T his name isn't even mentioned.

EDIT: Eurogamer had a discussion with Konami about the future of Silent Hills. It gives me the impression that even Konami doesn't knows what will happen with the game lol.

From Eurogamer

UPDATE 27/04/2015: Konami has sent us over a brief Q&A on the likely Silent Hills cancellation.

In it the Japanese company says it will continue to develop the Silent Hill series, but it fails to deny Silent Hills, specifically, has been cancelled.

There's also reference to an image of Norman Reedus which supposedly disappeared from the official Silent Hills website. But as far as we can tell the image of the actor is still up. Perhaps it will be removed later today.

Here's the Q&A, for what it's worth:

Why has the image of Norman Reedus disappeared from the official website?
This is because our contract period with him has expired. (Norman Reedus had a contract that expired years before the game was set for release? wut?)
Why is "P.T." no longer available on Playstation Network?
Because the distribution period has expired.
What will happen with regard to "SILENT HILL"?
Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. will continue to develop the "SILENT HILL" series.
What will happen with regard to "P.T."?
P.T. was purely created to be a playable teaser for "SILENT HILL."
What do you mean by "playable teaser"?
The playable teaser was a trial edition of "SILENT HILLS" intended to give players an idea of the game concept.

[url]http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-26-silent-hills-is-dead-actor-norman-reedus-confirms[/url]
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:27 am

^So Konami is still going to try and throw money into the well in hopes of bringing the franchise's corpse back to life. Joy. :irked:
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:02 am

It's dead.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/27/8503201/silent-hills-canceled-konami-confirms

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:05 pm

^Well, time to go put on some Akira Yamaoka and mourn the demise of what could have revived the survival horror genre in a big way.

Here's to Silent Hills

At the very least they're not trying to slap another director on it and earn money that way.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:34 pm

:raincloud:

Out of my head and I don't know what I found.
Over and over I feel it break me down.
On the sidewalk of the city.
Are my screams just a whisper?
Busy people going nowhere
See me soak in the rain.
No compassion, nothing matters.
My resistance is waning
Like a flower in the basement waiting for a lonely death.
System Administrator

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:05 pm

And then Konami delists from NYSE.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/27/8503893/konami-delists-itself-from-new-york-stock-exchange

Someone said that slot machines are more profitable for them than video games.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 pm

Guess this means Kojima will leave Konami after MGSV. Hopefully he'll continue to make awesome games elsewhere.

IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:21 am

I'm really excited to see what new IPs Kojima creates now that he's making a fresh start and putting MGS behind him. I kind of hope he goes to work for Square-Enix at some point. Can you imagine a Final Fantasy game written, produced, and directed by him?
[Redacted]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:22 am

Just the thought of that... :scanners_head: in a very good way, mind you.

StarShaper7
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby StarShaper7 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:25 am

I've only played Crisis Core (years ago) and FF13 (couldn't really get into it), so I'm not really a fan of the series. But I'm up for anything directed by Kojima.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:18 am

StarShaper7: Without getting too off-topic, the earlier stuff (specifically FF 6 through FF 9) is pure gold. 10 I haven't played a lot of but remember hearing it was meh.

What exactly are the details with all this silliness, anyway? Did Kojima piss off the company or did the company piss off Kojima...? Wouldn't be surprised if we won't know the full story for awhile, if ever.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”