Star Wars

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:24 pm

He was squished by a moon.

I don't read sophomoric star wars novels but I know that because it's hilarious.

Murder by lunacide is a notorious and noteworthy crime.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:26 pm

Though that's about what you would expect...it took a moon to kill him.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Rosenakahara » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Well that just proves how much of a badass chewy is, how many people can say it took a FUCKING MOON to finally kill them?
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:34 pm

He did as he lived: Punching celestial bodies in the face.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Pretense. BP

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:39 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:He was squished by a moon.

I don't read sophomoric star wars novels

Hey now, you can be a clown, or you can have standards, you can't be both. :tongue:
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:49 pm

Sophomoric is often a pejorative but I did not intend it so. If the book packagers behind Star Wars novels offered me a contract, I'd take it.
the prophecy is true

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Oh, God, who wouldn't!?

(drools)
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:59 pm

They'd fire me in fifteen minutes.
the prophecy is true

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Exactly like that. BP

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:42 pm

^ Because you'd want to put an "updated" picture of bikini-clad Carrie Fisher on the cover. Because, screw your fantasies man-children.
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:54 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Oh, God, who wouldn't!?

Me. Though I'd reconsider if I could pick my era; if I could get away from Yoda and write my own setting I'd probably do it.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:13 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:They'd fire me in fifteen minutes.

They just wouldn't be able to handle the Chuckman.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

Postby chaosakita » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:51 am

Random question: What do you think would happen if Luke took up Darth Vader's offer to rule the galaxy?
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:09 pm

I don't think they could actually take the Emperor. Most likely he'd foresee Vader's plans and take Luke as an apprentice after destroying him.

I guess they did take the emperor but Vader kinda snuck up on him. I mean if they just flat out attacked him.
the prophecy is true

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Star Wars Anime Confirmed (But Not Really)

Made over Four years worth of weekends and holidays.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:29 pm

View Original PostRay wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

This was made a by a british tripfag who frequents /m/, was a work in progress which he showed us on there, and then some dickbag leaked the unfinished production ages ago though, which caused a splurge of autism from 13 year olds throwing in their own music, a shame really, ruined the surprise.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:44 pm

i bring it up because the original creator made a poster for it on his deviantart page. Which should totally be a DD I'll have you know!

SPOILER: Show

I'll upload it to pinterest and have a proper image up soon

EDIT: Its up proper now.
Last edited by Ray on Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kazuki_Fuse
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Kazuki_Fuse » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:46 pm

Holy shit that was incredible.
Flight Lieutenant Ada is my new waifu.
Avatar: "Here is a magical girl who would not take it anymore"
Hitler AND eating babies in a Shinji thread? Business as usual- TMBounty_Hunter
Sorry, my policy is not to take life advice from people with ego problems who also happen to post on anime forums- CJD
Does Love Live get a lot of shit or something?- caragnafog dog

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:30 pm

5-tone shading is love
5-tone shading is life

long live the Empire

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:24 pm

I was perusing about my Tumblr dash when I came across a Star Wars gif set from Return of the Jedi; it was an exchange between Luke and Han while on Tatooine awaiting execution via Sarlac:
Luke: There's nothing to see. I used to live here, you know.

Han Solo: You're going to die here, you know. Convenient.

And then a terrible thought struck me. Remakes and reboots these days have given us a track record of referencing the source material in subtle ways meant to appeal (or put off) those familiar with that material. In Tron Legacy there was the big door reference; in the new Planet of the Apes films, they reprise the famous "damn dirty ape" line. Even in Star Trek: Into Darkness with our friend J. J. Abrams, they went as far as playing role reversal between Spock and Kirk during the climax.

What if the new Star Wars trilogy kills off Luke, on Tatooine? All I can think is ughh..., and I can already see the waves of tumblr gif sets that would spawn from it. Crossing my fingers that this is just a scary thought, and not an accurate prediction.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:24 am

So, marathoned Rebels a couple weeks ago. I generally liked it, though the plots were pretty dumb. That last lightsaber battle was pretty awesome, though. Nice to see a Jedi who isn't dumb as fuck for a change.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Return to “Film and Video”