Bluray release (TV + original movies) - August 26th 2015

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:22 pm

Neon Genesis Evangelion Blu-ray BOX
Scheduled for release Summer of 2015

【Includes】
Neon Genesis Evangelion』 HD Remaster
All 26 episodes of the TV series + 4 home video version episodes (Episode 21~Episode 24)

The Feature Film Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth』 HD Master
「DEATH」(First Cut)+「REBIRTH」

The Feature Films Neon Genesis Evangelion: Air/Sincerely, Yours』 HD Master
THE END OF EVANGELION

The Feature Films Neon Genesis Evangelion: DEATH(TRUE)2/Air/Sincerely, Yours』 HD Master
REVIVAL OF EVANGELION

Release date, pricing, and other specifications will follow soon.

Neon Genesis Evangelion TV Broadcast DVD BOX
THE ARCHIVES OF EVANGELION
Scheduled for release Summer of 2015

【Includes】
Neon Genesis Evangelion』 TV Broadcast Versions
All 26 episodes of the TV series (For the first time on home media, the raw on air versions)

The Feature Film Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death and Rebirth』 TV Version
「DEATH(TRUE)」(First Cut)+「REBIRTH」

Release date, pricing, and other specifications will follow soon.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:27 pm

That's been done two pages back as well, which is why I asked; it does not answer my question, because there are only a single set of DC episodes mentioned, whereas at least that one scene (Reiquarium) exists in two distinct versions - the first release with the background images (on my "Resurrection" DVD, which was an addendum to the "Perfect" release), and the renewal version without them (in the "Platinum" edition).
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:30 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:That's been done two pages back as well, which is why I asked; it does not answer my question, because there are only a single set of DC episodes mentioned, whereas at least that one scene (Reiquarium) exists in two distinct versions - the first release with the background images (on my "Resurrection" DVD, which was an addendum to the "Perfect" release), and the renewal version without them (in the "Platinum" edition).

I supose Renewal DC was the final cut for the series, so expect that version
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:32 pm

Then why include three versions of Death, while omitting a version of the DC eps?
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

mechashiva
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby mechashiva » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:39 pm

I'm just pumped for it to be on DVD in any capacity. I don't even have torrents at the moment :rolleyes: (or a Blu-ray player but they don't seem that hard to find so)
"Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up."-Pablo Picasso

squall.leonhart
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby squall.leonhart » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:18 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Then why include three versions of Death, while omitting a version of the DC eps?

Marketing, probably. The pre-renewal Director's Cut episodes are already available. The other versions of Death have never been released before. I agree, it seems strange to not release all versions in what is an "Archive" box.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:04 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Then why include three versions of Death, while omitting a version of the DC eps?

That's a good question, and one that I don't actually know the answer to. However, it's possible that we'll get more information as the release date draws nearer. We know it's coming out on 2015, but we don't know exactly when.

Adaminator1
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adaminator1 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:06 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:That's a good question, and one that I don't actually know the answer to. However, it's possible that we'll get more information as the release date draws nearer. We know it's coming out on 2015, but we don't know exactly when.

Summer. In Japan. Which means between May and August. So within 6-9 months.
I finally put something here!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:08 pm

And in that case, we'll certainly get some more information before then-- so I guess we have a bit of a timeframe.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:17 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:That's been done two pages back as well, which is why I asked; it does not answer my question, because there are only a single set of DC episodes mentioned, whereas at least that one scene (Reiquarium) exists in two distinct versions - the first release with the background images (on my "Resurrection" DVD, which was an addendum to the "Perfect" release), and the renewal version without them (in the "Platinum" edition).

Wait a minute. I actually have the Resurrection DVD. I bought it for $7 when RightStuf.com was liquidating ADV’s properties. I got it only for the WETA Workshop interview, but apparently it also has episode versions I haven’t seen yet.

*watches scene*

So, I always thought the version with the images in the Reiquarium Scene were in the OA versions. But on this disc release it’s the DC version that has it. Fascinating. Could I have been wrong about this the whole time? This is the most confusing thing about Eva I consistently seem to be encountering. (I mean, forget interpreting the show. Just keeping track of the show is proving difficult enough for me.)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like we have:

Ep 23 OA (no nipples, no images)
Ep 23 DCa (nipples, images)
Ep 23 DC Renewal (nipples, no images)

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:33 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like we have:

That's it, as I understand (though I myself only have the Platinum version of the OAs*, which are of course back-edited from the later DC versions!). But now you can see why I wonder what will be included to represent these versions.

* [edit: wrong - I have those eps in true OA form on the Resurrection DVD, of course, but I've not watched them]

JoeD80
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby JoeD80 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:02 pm

I had some old notes about this scene and I think it's like this (using your chart above):

23 OA --> on-air
23 DCa --> is the original "video format" episode released on laserdisc and the one [hopefully] in the blu-ray boxset
23 DC renewal --> is in the movie "Death" where the images aren't in the reiqauarium.

So possibly all three versions of the scene are covered in some way. Obviously this is just speculation by me.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:53 pm

As long as they don't adjust the aspect ratio of the TV show to be 16x9 all will be right with the world.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:31 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:As long as they don't adjust the aspect ratio of the TV show to be 16x9 all will be right with the world.
This box set will be the ultimate demonstration of Anno's sanity.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:18 pm

I... Think I've never seen the Reiquarium scene with images :huh:

I'll have to check my DVD's
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:54 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:That's it, as I understand (though I myself only have the Platinum version of the OAs*, which are of course back-edited from the later DC versions!). But now you can see why I wonder what will be included to represent these versions.

* [edit: wrong - I have those eps in true OA form on the Resurrection DVD, of course, but I've not watched them]

Well, even then the Resurrection DVD doesn't have either version of Ep 24. Unless a DC of Ep 24 was strictly a Renewal feature, the DVD kinda fails at being the completion of a set.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:05 am

The Resurrection CD was one of a pair, though - they were the extension of the Perfect set to include the DC episodes by replacing the last two DVDs; I just haven't got the other one (24, 24', 25, 26), because I've seen no need. Also, because Platinum came soon after, there aren't so many copies around.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:07 am

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:As long as they don't adjust the aspect ratio of the TV show to be 16x9 all will be right with the world.

That's probably of least concern as far as them potentially doing horrible things to the video goes.

Japan has done extremely well with preserving original aspect ratios when it comes to old anime. Glorious amounts of pillaboxing everywhere.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:30 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like we have:

Side by side for your viewing pleasure: Guides:Episode 23 OA vs. DC
Episode 22 too shows some interesting differences between the DC and the Renewal versions, especially during Asuka's mindrape scenes. Don't forget to read the "Renewal OA" disclaimer at the top of the page.

Looks like I'll have to watch those episodes frame-by-frame once again as soon as the new BDs/DVDs show up. In the meantime, I'd love if a native English speaker could clean up a little the mess I've made on those OA vs DC pages.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:33 pm

I'll buy the archive version if the original dub for EOE is included, complete with Hyugas hilariously miscast voice.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”