Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:06 pm

Related -- http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/5515/Batshit-crazy-pairings/

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Asuka X Hikari: This one actually has some potential, given that Hikari is basically Asuka's only friend. She even offers support to her after Episode 22. Also, delicious Yuri.
Related -- http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/3137/Asuka-and-Hikari/
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Compiling_Autumn
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Compiling_Autumn » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:29 pm

Damn, this Asuka x Hikari crack pairing is blowing my mind right now. I'll need to do some more research before I can comment.
"The will to lose one's will?"
"Absolutely. The will to make oneself completely free. Will is the wrong word, because in the end you could call it despair. Because it really comes out of an absolute feeling of it's impossible to do these things, so I might as well just do anything. And out of this anything, one sees what happens."--Francis Bacon

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:02 pm

Gendo x Asuka

ImageM-M-M-M-M-M-MAXIMUM NTR ON EVERY LEVEL FOR EVERYONE INVOLVED!!! Image
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:04 pm

Misato x Hikari

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:19 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:SakuraxSumrie lol

SPOILER: Show

I'm not sure why I never considered this before, but I like. :chinscratch:

obliterates
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby obliterates » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:30 pm

My favorite ones are:

Gendo x Misato
Yui x Naoko
Kaji x Hyuga
Toji x Kensuke
"I do not seek, I find." - Pablo Picasso

Mr. Jive
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Jive » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:55 pm

I only see two normal parings in post EOE. Hikari/Toji and Asuka/Kensuke. Anyone who think any other paring outside those can work is on crack. You can not ignore the why Shinji treated his female pilots Asuka more then Rei. He did not respect those girls like soldiers or people he sew them as pieces of meat to mark off to when they were not looking. This is why both girls turn on during EOE. The boy has mental problems like no other guy I seen from anime or cartoon. Plus the boy is either gay or bisexual rather anyone what to admit or not there enough proof over years that proves he not straight. He don't even like action girls, he don't want a strong girl that gonna tell him about himself. He want a girl to be like his momma or more girlee then him. Asuka is not that type of girl which why she up hateing him by the end of EOE. Het in FF like Eva session,boyfriend of steel or anything written by Greg landsman rip the girl out her hot blooded man like ways just to make her nice and girlee so shinj can like her. Anyone who does that are not real Asuka. Kensuke would love a strong girl like Asuka or mari and respect them for being soldiers. Kensuke also has the matureness to deal whit a damage girl like Asuka and unlike Shinji he would never choke her if she gets him mad. The two are also so much alike it scary but in a good way.
Kensuke not a saint but at least he's not a psycho jerking off to a girl in a comma.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:07 pm

View Original PostMr. Jive wrote:I only see two normal parings in post EOE. Hikari/Toji and Asuka/Kensuke. Anyone who think any other paring outside those can work is on crack.

Misato and Kaji (or Hyuga!) would like a word with you. So would Rei and Kaworu. Heck, Gendo and Ritsuko might as well (and if not Maya might want it). That's five potential couples that could work just fine, and two of them did work throughout the lifespan of the show.

You can not ignore the why Shinji treated his female pilots Asuka more then Rei.

You don't have to ignore it to resolve it.

Plus the boy is either gay or bisexual rather anyone what to admit or not there enough proof over years that proves he not straight.

When asked what he truly desires, we get a shot of Asuka's rack. Pretty sure that's all we need to know about his orientation.

Kensuke would love a strong girl like Asuka or mari and respect them for being soldiers. Kensuke also has the matureness to deal whit a damage girl like Asuka and unlike Shinji he would never choke her if she gets him mad. The two are also so much alike it scary but in a good way.

Kensuke is even more fucked up than Shinji, and he doesn't have the excuse of Eva. He thought it was a cool idea to sneak into girls' locker rooms and take pictures of them changing, then sell them to anyone willing to pay! That's a little crime called distribution of pedophilia, a felony. If you think Asuka would be okay with that you're wearing shipping goggles.

But the real reason Asuka x Kensuke would never work is because Kensuke thinks piloting an Eva is the best thing ever. He could never begin to relate to what she's been through, and thus he'd be useless to her. Guess who can?
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Jive, any pairing that isn't explicitly made evident in the show is a ship. Ships don't gain or lose legitimacy based on your personal opinions.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:13 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:When asked what he truly desires, we get a shot of Asuka's rack. Pretty sure that's all we need to know about his orientation.
Exactly :devil:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:18 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Exactly :devil:

Shinjiko is canon. :bigeyes:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:20 pm

The question is whether you pair Shinjiko with FemKaworu or Shinjiko with Tabby-chan. Subtle, but different. :lol:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:27 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:The question is whether you pair Shinjiko with FemKaworu or Shinjiko with Tabby-chan. Subtle, but different. :lol:

Don't be silly. You pair her with Oscar. Tabby-chan goes to Rei.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

obliterates
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby obliterates » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:40 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:When asked what he truly desires, we get a shot of Asuka's rack. Pretty sure that's all we need to know about his orientation.

Because furiously blushing at another boy, holding hands naked in the shower and then sleeping over with him, then saying "I loved him" is 100% heterosexual. Anyone who argues Shinji is not bisexual is either delusional or subconsciously homophobic. End of story.

Rei x Kaworu is baseless as a canon supported romantic pairing.
Last edited by obliterates on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:44 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:You pair her with Oscar.

I'm afraid I don't know who this is... :sweat:

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:48 pm

View Original Postobliterates wrote:Because furiously blushing at another boy, holding hands in the shower and then sleeping over with him, then saying "I loved him" is 100% heterosexual. Anyone who even implies Shinji not bisexual is either delusional or subconsciously homophobic. End of story.

Calling someone a homophobe because they don't agree with you is really not cool, dude.

Rei x Kaworu is baseless as a canon supported romantic pairing.

it's the only option either of them has after the show is over, so it's what they're stuck with.

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'm afraid I don't know who this is... :sweat:

Say the name out loud, and then think about who it sounds like.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:49 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Kensuke is even more fucked up than Shinji, and he doesn't have the excuse of Eva. He thought it was a cool idea to sneak into girls' locker rooms and take pictures of them changing, then sell them to anyone willing to pay! That's a little crime called distribution of pedophilia, a felony. If you think Asuka would be okay with that you're wearing shipping goggles.

This is anime. I'm pretty sure panties are a valid form of ID in Animeland.

(Also, horny adolescent boy discovers opportunity to acquire pictures of attractive women of his own age and bribe people's lunch money with them. This is nothing new, in anime, Japan or otherwise. Pervy as fuck, yes, but 14 year olds tend to be pervs.)

@Tines: That picture (and basically all of Gunbuster) just reminded me how disturbing talented Anno and co are at drawing surprisingly realistic breasts. It's like they took a course in Tittyology or something.

On-topic, Rei X Hikari? Totally without precedent in canon, but it would be cute. Actually, Hikari with just about anything is adorable.

Touji X Kensuke. All ridiculousness aside (as hilarious as a Touji X Kensuke bara doujin with added fightan would be) I can see them as "heterosexual life partners"- friends to the end and all that. I dunno, Touji and Kensuke are my homeboys.

Misato X Asuka. Her fire can only be quenched with love and cheap beer.

Ritsuko X Rei. They alone can understand each other's pain. Are you sensing a theme yet?

Fuyutsuki X Ritsuko. I dunno, it just works somehow.

Kaworu X Mari. Albino Bishounen Space Jesus and Britty Titty Kitty- it's meant to be. And it will be FABULOUS.

Shinji X Shinjiko. Incest or masturbation? Who cares.

Gendo X Shinji. No, you did not see me write that. Close your browser.

Sensei X Pen-Pen. I...should stop now.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

obliterates
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby obliterates » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:53 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Calling someone a homophobe because they don't agree with you is really not cool, dude.

And yet you still choose to comment with that and say nothing else. How the hell could you argue that Shinji is straight with the contrary information given in canon? There's plenty of evidence for Shinji being bi in the anime. Its glaringly obvious. Like I said it doesn't make sense unless you are uncomfortable by the idea of your favorite anime character NOT being straight. In which case, yes that is homophobic.

Just because Rei and Kaworu have no one left after the end of the series doesn't make them a pairing. They have no romantic feelings for each other. You seem really intent on shoehorning characters into conveniently straight pairings for the hell of it.
Last edited by obliterates on Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:53 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I'm afraid I don't know who this is... :sweat:

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:56 pm

This is a perfect occasion for me to recycle a post from 3 months ago.

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:
Wesley Crusher from Star Trek: The Next Generation

X

Some other fuckin' kid from a Japanimation thing.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”