Pic thread #8: 50 Shades of Rei [use spoilers, no hotlinks]

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:44 am

I prefer her hair when it's black, personally. You don't see that in the art much, but in the actual show it's far more common than not.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:59 am

Her hair is black. That's a common cartooning/animation technique. You can't show highlights, definition and depth with pure black, so they substitute a blue or purple and use black strokes for those effects instead.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:19 pm

I'm aware. That's what I was getting at, actually. But lots of artwork, even official art, paints it as purple instead, so . . . :shrug:

Asuka's the same way. Her hair's auburn or strawberry blonde (depending on continuity), but everything from Sadamoto's artwork to even the bloody color settei portray it as everything from light brown to fiery red. And then there's that weird orange color in the DC/EoE material, which doesn't look anything like what we see in the show . . . :uhh:

Maybe she was experimenting with hair dyes and it just never came up! :lol:
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Only her hairdresser knows for sure.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby movieartman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:41 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Which is bizarre to me, given her age and the fact she's one of the least fucked up females in Eva. Sexualizing Rei is weird. Sexualizing Asuka is wrong. Sexualizing Sakura? Well, no worse than any other girl, really. Tacky, yes, but even so . . .

I admit it feels weird, but I think that's probably because we're so used to it with the others. But taken objectively it's less fucked up than the stuff we let pass on a regular basis. Well, except for Mari. She's both legal and made of pure sex, so it's okay in her case. And of course the adults. But the other pilots . . . :uhh:

how so, disregarding her age she actually WANTED to be sexualized in the show, and grew to hate the 2 guys who would not comply with or where to blind to she her intent

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:57 pm

The Gainax merchandising being what it has been (stopping just short of official Rei and Asuka blow-up dolls), it's not like we're in the realm of "Don't sexualise the wotos/arias/keions/hidamaris/..." here.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:17 pm

The student ascended mount hikimori with unease in his heart and nothing in his pockets. After nine days and nights of arduous climbing, he came to the house of the master, which was nothing more than the sky. The student sat before the master for nine more days and nine more nights, until hunger and thirst clawed at his body and the piercing gaze of the master tore at his soul.

"Ask of me one question," said the master.

"Master," said the student, "what is the difference between dakimakura and blow-up doll?"

"It is this," said the master, "you can stick your penis in a blow up doll, but if you sleep with it, it will pop and you will have to buy another one. You can sleep with a dakimakura, but it has no place to stick your penis."

The student sat beside the master and meditated on this for forty days. During this time he weathered the elements and drank one cup of water a day, and ate one grain of rice. At the end of the forty days the student was emaciated, pained in his blatter, burned by the sun, chapped by the cold, stung by the rain and frozen by the snow. The master still was hale and healthy.

The student said, "Master, I do not understand your wisdom."

The master said, "What wisdom? You asked a question and I answered."

And the student was enlightened.
the prophecy is true

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Sometimes, Chuckman, you pop out a gem like this. This is why we keep you around. Excellent post.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby movieartman » Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:47 pm

:uhh:
SPOILER: Show
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/261/9/f/evangelion_type_08_by_wimon34-d7zlnx8.png

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/259/d/4/rei_ayanami_s_by_bladdneart-d7ze43o.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/259/b/8/evangelion_by_stealvi-d7ze3iv.jpg

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/251/a/7/mari_by_goddessmechanic-d7yilrz.jpg

not actual fan art of them, but these look IMO like Misato and Asuka
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/014/9/f/grace_by_littleulvar-d5rhm74.png

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/045/a/3/suspenders_by_littleulvar-d5uwzvz.png

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:15 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Sometimes, Chuckman, you pop out a gem like this. This is why we keep you around. Excellent post.

Excellent is an understatement. It is simply brilliant.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:58 pm

View Original Postmovieartman wrote::uhh:
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/261/9/f/evangelion_type_08_by_wimon34-d7zlnx8.png

Mari is having an Angsty moment? Humanity is doomed!

not actual fan art of them, but these look IMO like Misato and Asuka
[spoiler]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/014/9/f/grace_by_littleulvar-d5rhm74.png
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/045/a/3/suspenders_by_littleulvar-d5uwzvz.png

This looks like it could be concept art for the live action LAEM

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:47 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Brilliance.

Chuckman transcends space and time to bring enlightenment to all.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:04 pm

Amen, brother.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:49 pm

Fuck, I came across Gendo/Shinji, Asuka/Gendo, and gorn all in the same day, fuck you image hosting sites, I'm gonna make own image site now :shinchair:
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:50 pm

But Gendo is always fucking Shinji over. As for Gendo/Asuka, LOLz, they never even interacted....from what I remember.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Well, if you believe that Gendo knew Eva-03 was infected in 2.0, you could say he fucked over Asuka too.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:55 pm

Rei forgot how to shirt  SPOILER: Show

Rei forgot how to pants  SPOILER: Show

Is that for me?  SPOILER: Show

Is your body ready?  SPOILER: Show

Unf  SPOILER: Show

Stop staring!  SPOILER: Show

Groove  SPOILER: Show

Little black dress  SPOILER: Show

Once again, Rei's mysterious ability to make her nipples vanish saves the day  SPOILER: Show

Prepare to be boarded  SPOILER: Show

That is not a hip  SPOILER: Show

Wheee  SPOILER: Show

The club can't even handle me right now  SPOILER: Show

ehehehehehe  SPOILER: Show

Asuka's plugsuit came equipped with ass phattening technology  SPOILER: Show

How it should have ended  SPOILER: Show

Fabulous knows no gender  SPOILER: Show

In the lost Neon Genesis Evangelion episode, Gendo's coffee is spiked with mescaline.  SPOILER: Show
the prophecy is true

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:05 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:
Wheee  SPOILER: Show

This is really deserving of a mashup. Also, the most optimistic ending we can expect from NTE would be one that mirrored the emotional arc of Nadia’s finale.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:59 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:

Evas in Nudist Beach? DTR crew must be so jealous.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby Stryker » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:54 am

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:This is really deserving of a mashup. Also, the most optimistic ending we can expect from NTE would be one that mirrored the emotional arc of Nadia’s finale.

I thought this was pretty good.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Return to “Old Stickies”