The Spears

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat May 24, 2014 9:49 am

View Original Postairman4 wrote:Both were probably created in the same place (by F.A.R)
So there are the same in nature just different because one belong to the Black moon and other white one (i think)

What are you talking about? There is no white moon, there is no FAR, and there are four spears.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Mon May 26, 2014 3:40 am

I was thinking the Cassius spear was made out of an Ascended Unit 01's LCL.

wiser3754
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby wiser3754 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:18 am

I know I've debated this before but I just want to make one last observation known about the Spears as Shinji pulls them out and Kaworu pierces EVA-13 onto itself, the hand or arm position.
Just as Shinji pulls out the second Spear and crosses the Spears over in an x formation, Eva-13's hands are not hand-over-hand, they're parted, just like Mark.06 with the Lance piercing it.

If already noted, than leave this post be.
I watch and speculate.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Tue May 27, 2014 11:31 pm

Has anyone guessed as to why someone would have stabbed Unit 06?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed May 28, 2014 2:57 am

^
Since it was fused with Lilith's neck stump and had the 12th Angel inside its cadaver, the reason seems clear : 14 years ago the 12th possessed Mark.06 (like Armisael tried to do to EVA-00 in episode 23), used it to descent to Lilith's Chamber without triggering the self-destruct mechanism (looks like no one replaced that moronic system) and fused with Lilith to start an Impact.

Then someone used the spears to stop the Mark.06/12th Angel/Lilith conglomerate and the Impact with it.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed May 28, 2014 3:30 am

^
The possibility is open that someone was piloting it right?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed May 28, 2014 3:42 am

^
Well, Kaworu said that is was made autonomous, but if someone was piloting it, seeing the state of Mark.06 and the fact that the entry plug lid was closed, said pilot certainly died during the confrontation with the 12th Angel.

What's your point in this?
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed May 28, 2014 3:48 am

^
I think BM 01 or 02 may have been piloting it bro.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Gurren12
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gurren12 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:13 pm

What if the spears change depending on what type of life is "wielding" them. Say for instance that Sachiel a angelic life form, grabbed a spear and it turned into a Cassius type (designed to kill or stop Adams) since in a perfect world angelic life forms and Lilith bases ones do not appear on the same planet. And when "wielded" be a Eva, being controlled by humans (mostly) who are Lilith based, it becomes a Longinus type. Witch were perhaps designed to stop or kill a entity like Lilith.

Note As of when I wrote this it was past 10pm so sorry if the wording is a bit off.

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:08 pm

What if it was piloting itself? The Mark was infected, all angels want to reach Lilith, surprise surprise we see it descending. SEELE and NERV take over from here, spear it down at the correct place and time according to the DSS, Gendou chops off Lilith's head and shoves another spear down there(again, probably something with the DSS) and throws in Yui's soul.

At some point, Lilith had to start swelling up and developing humanoid traits. This was likely a plan seen through by SEELE and/or NERV.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:35 am

^
Do you happen to know the name of the angel that was a computer virus? Maybe it was possessed by that. Like a leftover or something?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:55 am

The Angel's name was Ireul.

ChaddyManPrime
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:11 am

^
Thanks Nuke :asuka_thumbsup:

Anyways, maybe it possessed the dummy plug or something.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:45 pm

View Original PostunitM wrote:What if it was piloting itself?

Kaworu said that Mark.6 was modified into an 'autonomous type', so, yes.

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:03 pm

Kaworu isn't confirmation enough though because it could have been modified to be autonomous at any time.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:17 am

Don't follow.

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby unitM » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:47 pm

Just because it was piloting itself at one point in time doesn't mean it was the entire time.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Not really sure what you were asking in the first place, since "piloting itself" is different from being Angel-infected. Any which way, Kaworu's line pertains to how the Mark.06 ended up down in Central Dogma, and being converted into an unmanned unit and 'exploited by the Lilin' apparently had a big thing to do with it.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:45 am

It could also be that it was rendered autonomous, then the 12th Angel possessed it and used it to reach Lilith, maybe the fact it was autonomous was why it could possesses it: there was no pilots to oppose any psychic resistance to it like Rei did against Armisael in NGE.

Zoop
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zoop » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:34 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:It could also be that it was rendered autonomous, then the 12th Angel possessed it and used it to reach Lilith, maybe the fact it was autonomous was why it could possesses it: there was no pilots to oppose any psychic resistance to it like Rei did against Armisael in NGE.

Even though Bardiel had no problems with Asuka being present in the Eva, in fact, I think that angel managed to get a hold of the Eva through the pilot.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”