Evangelion Music Videos

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:36 pm

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V873W56Rb0[/url]

A summary of the whole of Q, beautifully set to a rather low-key performance of Sakura Nagashi.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:45 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V873W56Rb0[/url]

A summary of the whole of Q, beautifully set to a rather low-key performance of Sakura Nagashi.

Excellent. I really hate vids that jump all over the place, never bothering to tell a story. The few that have a trajectory to them, that show a timeline of sorts, are the cream of the crop. This is one of them.

Thank you for linking this. It is, indeed, well done.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Space Sweeper
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Space Sweeper » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:07 pm

View Original PostSSJ Spartan01 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy0awcLBWuc

Exquisitely beautiful piece of art we have here, an AMV is worth a thousand pictures. It's new. One of the best I've seen in a while and one of my new favorites, it really captures a few themes Anno was going for- perfectly. Touch by Daft Punk.

Thanks! I was actually coming here to promote that myself, hah.
The Evangelion Complex - An examination and comparison of the themes and visual language of Evangelion

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:12 pm

Not sure how many of you have seen this little gem before. Black Black Heart by David Usher.

Literary Eagle
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Literary Eagle » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:18 pm

View Original PostSpace Sweeper wrote:Thanks! I was actually coming here to promote that myself, hah.

That was a fantastic video, Space Sweeper! I'll post the rest of my feedback under a spoiler in order to avoid ruining it for those who haven't seen it yet...

SPOILER: Show
I liked how the video was about lots of characters and relationships, rather than putting all the spotlight on just one character or pairing. And when the song went completely silent for a moment as the beach scene appeared near the end... that was so powerful, and so perfect. Oh, and the "repeat" sign at the end? Brilliant.
The Happy Red Planet (my Evangelion fan fic)

Space Sweeper
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Space Sweeper » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:11 am

View Original PostLiterary Eagle wrote:That was a fantastic video, Space Sweeper! I'll post the rest of my feedback under a spoiler in order to avoid ruining it for those who haven't seen it yet...

I liked how the video was about lots of characters and relationships, rather than putting all the spotlight on just one character or pairing. And when the song went completely silent for a moment as the beach scene appeared near the end... that was so powerful, and so perfect. Oh, and the "repeat" sign at the end? Brilliant.

Thank you very much! I'd been working on it on and off for a year and a half, once getting three minutes into editing and then scrapping the entire thing because it didn't feel 'genuine' to what I was trying to express with my love of the series.

That's what it really is, a salute to the entire series, and how much every aspect of it means to me. Of course, that requires a song that fits so well that it could almost be straight out of the series' soundscape. Working with those themes, visuals, and keeping the cutting relatively simple and emotionally evocative like with...
...cutting at the final moment of silence before Paul Williams' voice comes back in to one of the most visually gut-wrenching moments in the series (I was thinking, not showing it for the entirety of the video, people that knew the song were probably thinking "...that's what he's gonna do for the ending, isn't it?" the entire time).

The song itself is an almost epic-length story with its own highs, lows, and everything in between, and what better to set my personal love letter to the series to than that? That's not to say I won't be making any more videos for Evangelion, I still plan to do a 'sizzle' trailer for Evangelion (already did my teaser trailer), and another set for Rebuild as well as a symphonic mood-theme AMV for Rebuild, kind of similar in fashion to Touch in the way that it shifts emotions and the visuals connect with it, but played against the Mulan soundtrack's seven-minute 'Suite from Mulan' track, as composed by Jerry Goldsmith. I'm thinking of calling it 'Evangelion in Six Emotions'. It's a strange choice, but an inspired one, and I'm sure it will flow beautifully. That one may have to be done when 4.0 is out, however, as I don't think anything will be able to live up to the track's ending, outside of EoE.

Anyways, keep checking into the channel, I'll be sure to post anything Evangelion related I do in the future here (though my next set of videos, Kill la Kill and Cowboy Bebop related, will be posted elsewhere)!
The Evangelion Complex - An examination and comparison of the themes and visual language of Evangelion

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:44 am

I didn't comment on it at the time, but I have to agree that this is a very good AMV. My gold standard for Evangelion AMVs is Tamashii no Rufuran, and this comes very close to that in terms of quality. Even though I normally hate mixing continuities you used it very well here; you frequently highlighted the symmetry seen between them, not just in specific scenes but in juxtapositions of different scenes, and that was very effective. The only gripe I have, and it is a very tiny one, is the timing of the last scene. IMO it would be more effective if the glyph for Final showed up in concert with Williams' final lyric, instead of immediately after. But that's obviously a matter of taste.

As I said, great work. You should be proud!
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:25 am

That was indeed amazing! I am in awe.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:IMO it would be more effective if the glyph for Final showed up in concert with Williams' final lyric, instead of immediately after.

Well, it's on the last chord rather than simply after the last vocal, which feels right to me.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:10 am

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Well, it's on the last chord rather than simply after the last vocal, which feels right to me.

That's a good point.

Yaywalter
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Yaywalter » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:40 am

Astonishingly good live cover (vocals in particular!) of Komm, susser Tod by Hong Kong band Peri M:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAxgaKTpsDo[/url]

(Seriously can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet...)

DocAzure
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DocAzure » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:08 pm

A little bit of self-promotion here I guess, but I'm mainly looking for feedback on this AMV I put together. It's been a while since I've done one, and I'm wondering if it's of any quality whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgwPM-RPGgw
Vanguard, a fiction set in the Evangelion world.
post/738119/Vanguard-CH2-UP/

TIWIH777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TIWIH777 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:28 am

Not exactly a full on music video, but any fans of Toonami from back in the day should enjoy this playlist I compiled of (mostly) fan made toonami promos for Evangelion. Same music, style, etc as the old Toonami promos. Awesomeness. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAJyzp39MEYlXWKaaPaGzPlqRtF5qCRmu
Let's do this.

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNeDT7_q9c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo5_PFiUMg0

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:11 pm

View Original PostSpace Sweeper wrote:I still plan to do a 'sizzle' trailer for Evangelion (already did my teaser trailer)

That was YOU? I love that one! I've used it to recommend the show to friends.

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby movieartman » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:17 am

View Original PostDocAzure wrote:A little bit of self-promotion here I guess, but I'm mainly looking for feedback on this AMV I put together. It's been a while since I've done one, and I'm wondering if it's of any quality whatsoever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgwPM-RPGgw

Pretty damn good man!

kc414
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kc414 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:55 pm

A Shinji/Rei AMV (yeah...another one of those I guess), using "The Piano Echoes" from UNKLE.
I think the song pretty much catches the mood involving Rei's character, all that mystery and gloom...
but I don't know, that's just me.

Hope everyone enjoys it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kir51vLlGOQ
"Life is just one beauty contest after another"

"Why would anyone eat canned fruit?"

kc414
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kc414 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:20 pm

View Original Postkc414 wrote:A Shinji/Rei AMV (yeah...another one of those I guess), using "The Piano Echoes" from UNKLE.
I think the song pretty much catches the mood involving Rei's character, all that mystery and gloom...
but I don't know, that's just me.

Hope everyone enjoys it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kir51vLlGOQ

Nvm now, it was removed again :um:
"Life is just one beauty contest after another"

"Why would anyone eat canned fruit?"

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:39 am

Sorrow
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sorrow » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:01 pm

View Original Postpwhodges wrote:Gendo's Paradise
I came across that after a day or two of having signed up to this place; I wondered whether people here knew of it or not but didn't wish to punish anyone else with it.
The fate of man…the hope of man is written in sorrow.

thezeppo1138
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thezeppo1138 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:06 am

2 of my new favorites:

End of Evangelion: Still AMV: http://youtu.be/UqPRR4cv1Os?list=FLjaoqXgSwYEL3IoN5SxVtpQ
Where We Belong Evangelion: http://youtu.be/J9Yo5XE_D84?list=FLjaoqXgSwYEL3IoN5SxVtpQ
"They all had a chance to fuck Shinji and they all failed. It was Kaworu's turn now!" - Gaviollieo

Return to “Fan Works”