FanFiction Requests/Recommendations/Discussion etc.

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:^
Will you give me the name already? :devil:

@ Ray : lots of fanfics have the main character dying you know?

There is no name cause it doesn't exist, that's what I trying to tell you bro. I want to see the story created.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:02 pm

Which one? Where Shinji kills himself, or where Shinji jerks it hatefully in public?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:06 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:There is no name cause it doesn't exist, that's what I trying to tell you bro. I want to see the story created.

But I was talking about the one where Shinji kills himself in his cell on the Wunder! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:08 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:But I was talking about the one where Shinji kills himself in his cell on the Wunder! :lol:

Bro neither of those stories exist!, I made them up in my head, that's what I've trying to tell you :lol:

@Gob

He could do both :lol: Jerk it first then kill himself.

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Shinji won't kill himself no matter how much he suffers. And here's why: Anno seem to like showing realism in the form of "You can't save the person you care about" or "life is hard and people only hurt each other but still cling to each other afraid of loneliness". But at the same he trivializes trauma he puts on characters and mainly on Shinji.
Shinji is already a cartoon character like Coyote Willie. No matter how much abuse, suffering and harm he recieve, he will just reassemble himself and come for more abuse expecting different outcome.
In Anno's vision and message, there is no torment so great, that Shinji would kill himself or even died from it.
And most of fanfic writers share this vision, without actually noticing that Shinji already turned into Coyote Willie. :shrug:
Last edited by Stillborn on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:15 pm

@ ChaddyManPrime : Killjoy! :tongue:

So then as I said, no post-3.0 where Shinji commit suicide, or actively tries to do it.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

Postby Clover » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:59 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Shinji won't kill himself no matter how much he suffers. And here's why: Anno seem to like showing realism in the form of "You can't save the person you care about" or "life is hard and people only hurt each other but still cling to each other afraid of loneliness". But at the same he trivializes trauma he puts on characters and mainly on Shinji.

Anno's view was that Shinji thinks so little of himself that he doesn't want to bother other people by committing suicide. This is a bit of a cop out, because Shinji then repeatedly causes trouble for those around him. The world actually would be better off without him.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:14 pm

That's Anno's view.

Mine is that Shinji wants to hate himself, but part of him is aware of his own goodness and after things turn to shit he goes on a purposeful campaign to prove to everybody how much of a shitheel he is so he can finally justify killing himself. When he says "I'm so fucked up" he's not just making an offhanded comment or talking to himself, he's telling Asuka. "See how messed up I am? I violated you. Hate me. Hate me!"
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:51 pm

Probably the funniest sadistic Fanfic I've ever read, it's by Adam Kadmon too. Pretty much Asuka wants Shinji to only focus on her, each kill gets funnier and funnier. Ritsuko's death was particularly funny.

Love is Constructive

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:15 am

View Original PostClover wrote:The world actually would be better off without his father.

FTFY

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:34 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:That's Anno's view.

Mine is that Shinji wants to hate himself, but part of him is aware of his own goodness and after things turn to shit he goes on a purposeful campaign to prove to everybody how much of a shitheel he is so he can finally justify killing himself. When he says "I'm so fucked up" he's not just making an offhanded comment or talking to himself, he's telling Asuka. "See how messed up I am? I violated you. Hate me. Hate me!"

And the funny part is that the only thing she really hates is the fact that he hates himself, and lets that hamstring him in so many ways.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:39 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:And the funny part is that the only thing she really hates is the fact that he hates himself, and lets that hamstring him in so many ways.

And the cycle of destruction continues!

Will the circle ever be broken? :sniffle:
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:44 am

View Original Postxanderkh wrote:And the cycle of destruction continues!

Will the circle ever be broken? :sniffle:

Well, he does stop hating himself by the end of the show, so that's progress. They're also a lot more likely to communicate now than before, so her spitting out "that's the one thing I really can't stand about you!" isn't altogether unlikely. So I'd say it's already been broken, really; at this point they just have to heal and try to forge something new.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:10 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Well, he does stop hating himself by the end of the show, so that's progress. They're also a lot more likely to communicate now than before, so her spitting out "that's the one thing I really can't stand about you!" isn't altogether unlikely. So I'd say it's already been broken, really; at this point they just have to heal and try to forge something new.

True, very true. In my experience, my girlfriend has pointed out a LOT of flaws with me that drive her crazy, but in the end, is that gonna stop either of us from loving each other and staying with each other. Probably not. Sure, it may get degrading and stressful, but is that gonna stop us from being together?

.......Huh, I guess I just did an Anno-induced self-diagnosis there.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Oh fuck me :spout: Finding Redemption at the end of a Gun Oh God the pain. Only read this if you like pain until the very end. Everything about this fic was for the pain. Yeah it's horribly cliched but them feels man, them feels :boohoo:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:10 pm

^
And on top of that, we have the
SPOILER: Show
It was all a dream
ending! :rolleyes:

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:16 pm

And on top of that, we have the
SPOILER: Show
It was all a dream
ending! :rolleyes:

That hit me so hard bro, but I was glad that Shinji wasn't a total asshat.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:29 pm

^
Oh, I didn't read it, I just skipped to the end! :D

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:35 pm

A man after my own heart, ElMariachi!
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:36 pm

Oh, I didn't read it, I just skipped to the end! :D

Well thank you for the wonderful conversation we could have had Good Sir, it was very long and thoughtful.

@Gob Don't you encourage him Good Sir.

Return to “Fanfiction”