Eva Pic Thread 6: The Search for More Money (use spoilers)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:19 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Shinji is an anyonethatwillshowmesomebasicaffectionsexual.

Which is really sad actually. :|
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:14 am

View Original PostRay wrote:In the distance there is much weeping and gnashing of teeth. From all the Shin x Asuka fans.

Not all of us, Ray. Some of us remember this thing called "the original series". As Chuck once said: we have NGE for that, and Rebuild (apparently) to give us glorious Marisuka.
Or, at the very least, other fans to supply both to us.

View Original PostRay wrote:Can't it be the best of both worlds? Shinji x Mari x Asuka?

On the one hand, this is being kinda greedy...but on the other, I say it sounds hawt and very acceptable. :devil:

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Shinji is an anyonethatwillshowmesomebasicaffectionsexual.

Basically, yeah. :lol:
(Urge to...put that in sig...rising...)
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:47 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:On the one hand, this is being kinda greedy...but on the other, I say it sounds hawt and very acceptable. :devil:

Someone who might not want to be named once wrote and showed me privately a mini-lemon involving all of Asuka, Rei, and Mari. It was NGE-based, and Mari was a pure rogue element, truly unbelonging, appearing with no explanation and unrecognized by anyone. In it, Mari served as something of a fluffer or otherwise facilitated the, uh... scene, in the locker room at Nerv.

That (and, okay, arkiel's Wake Up, Ikari) was the only time Mari ever worked for me. By contrast, the thought of a Rebuild Shinji x Mari x Asuka just doesn't appeal to me. The story and relationships for it just aren't there. Asuka isn't the right Asuka, and, hell, Mari wouldn't be the right Mari; she doesn't have the right role given what she is. Mari ironically feels more out of place to me in Rebuild than she does as a completely out-of-universe character showing up without explanation in an NGE story. Of all things.

As far as pairing shenanigans go, there really isn't anything available that wouldn't feel off. Whatever relationship Asuka and Mari have developed completely off-screen, and after everything that's happened, Shinji really does have no one. The only thing that I think would be even remotely feasible (in terms my emotional willingness to accept it, I mean) is if he gets to go back in time to the life he once had, to the Asuka and Misato he had back then, leaving the post-timeskip Asuka et al to continue on with their lives without him as they were already doing. And even that would still be off. Like really off.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

amitakartok
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby amitakartok » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:03 am

Regarding pairings, I think Anno is going to do the same thing as always - namely, not committing to any pairing.

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:New thread comes at 100 pages.

Never mind, I just noticed quote and reply buttons disappear if my post is the latest. Didn't see this before.
Strategic Cyborg Evangelion : an average author's aspiring attempt at awesomeness. Currently at chapter 42.

Mana, Mayumi and Sakura: the TRUE goddesses of Eva

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:13 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Which is really sad actually. :|

Why because Shin-chan would throw himself to any girl/woman or boy/man that gives the slightest bit of attention and could easily be taken advantage of. Oh boy, that's some great fan fic material there.

:devil:

Stillborn
Banned

Postby Stillborn » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:23 am

^

"1001 Nights of Shinji being a manwhore"
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:43 am

I'm not sure how to put pictures in this thread, but I saw this:
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1527065

At this rate, this is what Beast Mode is going to look like in FINAL. We're through the looking glass here, folks.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:46 am

Gamer Rei

SPOILER: Show

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:50 am

Rei? Engaging in a recreational activity? These ARE the end times!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:29 am

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Gamer Rei

Im fairly certain this is from the new Eva spin off Manga, so I ask, where can I find it. Manga fox doesn't seem to have it.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:32 am

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:where can I find it.

Sorry, I'm not sure of the source either
If anyone does know please do tell

- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:55 am

View Original PostChuckman wrote:This will be a day long remembered.

And I helped!

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:30 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:I'm not sure how to put pictures in this thread, but I saw this:
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1527065

At this rate, this is what Beast Mode is going to look like in FINAL. We're through the looking glass here, folks.

Here you go Good Sir

Artist interpretation of Zwei?
[URL=http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/Chad_Schwartz/media/df51fa35daecf343890b982db67ebe96_zpse2aa5f03.png.html]Image[/URL]

View Original PostStillborn wrote:^

"1001 Nights of Shinji being a manwhore"

That's pretty much every Harem lemon story about him, ever

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:45 am

Longeva is long, methinks. :lol:

And I've found that yes, Shinji's made into that type of character in order to help a writer do what they're trying to do. Shinji's personality isn't really suited to that sort of story, so it's the only way for an author to fulfill whatever leather-bound fantasy they have going on in their head.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:54 am

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:I think I might have found out another reason. In Japan, "Neko," (that is, "cat") is slang for a lesbian woman. The whole thing's a joke about Asuka and Mari's relationship!

Asuka loves the pussy. :asuka_thumbsup:

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:02 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:Asuka loves the pussy.

:devil:
Last edited by Dataprime on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Suicidahlia

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:08 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:Asuka loves the pussy. :asuka_thumbsup:

She's into the biggest sobbing wet pussy of them all

[URL=http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/Chad_Schwartz/media/60f518f3de7225d111ae26c0dfb148a2_zpsffafe23e.png.html]Image[/URL] See what I did there?

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby movieartman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:09 pm

EVERYBODY FINDS LOVE IN THE END

Misato has found love in leading__

RITSUKO has found love in following__

MARI has aways found love in the joy of a challenge__

Asuka has found love in accepting her own rage__

Rei found love in the son of her DNA__

Shinji found love in a angel who was more brother than enemy__

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:28 pm

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:Asuka loves the pussy.

ZING

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:32 pm

So if Mari is cat-like, does that mean she licks herself too? :chinscratch:

- Suicidahlia

Return to “Old Stickies”