Eva Pic Thread 6: The Search for More Money (use spoilers)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:22 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Why the only think that comes to my mind is "why are they wearing WILLE plugsuit instead of the same model than Rei Q"?

I never understood what exactly happened on that pic : at first glance it looks like Misato is strangling Shinji, but both looks too relaxed to be that, Misato even seemingly casually talks to someone else while doing whatever she's doing.

My guess that she's trying sneak behind Asuka to go for a ride with EVA-02! :nyao:

It's obvious isn't it? Female Shinji had more common sense then her canon counterpart.

After seeing it again, I don't think Misato is going to go through with it.

Shinji:

It's okay Misato. It'll be better off this way. . .at least I won't have to hurt you again.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:02 am

View Original Postamitakartok wrote:...and it looks like we've reached the post limit; could anyone make a new thread?

New thread comes at 100 pages.

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby El Squibbonator » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:32 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:It probably comes from Mari's obsession with cats : she punctuates many of her phrases with "nyaa!" (the Japanese "meow"), hers and Asuka's space helmet looks like cat heads with little cat-ear like protuberances, Asuka's cat cap (I'm sure it was a gift from Mari!), or the kitty Beast Mode EVA-02'.

@ pwhodges : I think Asuka is asking herself the same question! :lol:

I think I might have found out another reason. In Japan, "Neko," (that is, "cat") is slang for a lesbian woman. The whole thing's a joke about Asuka and Mari's relationship!
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:40 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:In Japan, "Neko," (that is, "cat") is slang for a lesbian woman. The whole thing's a joke about Asuka and Mari's relationship!

:jawdrop:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:46 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:I think I might have found out another reason. In Japan, "Neko," (that is, "cat") is slang for a lesbian woman. The whole thing's a joke about Asuka and Mari's relationship!

For real!?
Well then no wonder that the Japanese fandom has gone crazy with the MariAsu even though they didn't shared a single scene in the same room! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:47 pm

How the hell did we go a year and a half without picking up on this? -o-;

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:15 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:How the hell did we go a year and a half without picking up on this? -o-;

Never mind Q. Think of the RitsuMaya fanboys.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:46 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Never mind Q. Think of the RitsuMaya fanboys.

...*gets reference* :faint:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:00 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Never mind Q. Think of the RitsuMaya fanboys.

Holy f... you're right :cringe:
Eh Squibbonator, are you really sure about that cat = slang term for lesbians, because I can't believe that no one picked it since EoE!
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:00 pm

For better or worse, i guess its safe to say IT IS Canon.

In the distance there is much weeping and gnashing of teeth. From all the Shin x Asuka fans.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:06 pm

This will undoubtedly be confirmed in 4.0 when Asuka shoves her tongue into Mari's mouth.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:14 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Eh Squibbonator, are you really sure about that cat = slang term for lesbians, because I can't believe that no one picked it since EoE!

I did some digging. Looks like it means to be the submissive one in a lesbian pairing. I guess Ritzy's the submissive type.

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:This [pairing] will undoubtedly be confirmed in 4.0 when Asuka shoves her tongue into Mari's mouth.

Well, Mari's the Neko here. And if Mari's behavior is submissive, Asuka's will be a thing to behold. :lol:

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:21 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Well, Mari's the Neko here. And if Mari's behavior is submissive, Asuka's will be a thing to behold. :lol:

Firecrotches be wild, yo.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:23 pm

This will be a day long remembered.

God Wills It  SPOILER: Show
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Rei IV » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:16 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:

Would that be Rei talking about her "gay friends"? It totally matches her blank expression.

:hahaha:

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:47 pm

Holy crap, he's right! Three out of four main characters are gay! :lol:

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:Holy crap, he's right! Three out of four main characters are gay! :lol:

Meh, Shinji at the very least is Bi or Bi-curious.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:52 pm

Shinji is an anyonethatwillshowmesomebasicaffectionsexual.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:53 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Shinji is an anyonethatwillshowmesomebasicaffectionsexual.

So Omni-sexual like Captain Jack Harkness :lol:

movieartman
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby movieartman » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:39 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:This will be a day long remembered.

Indeed, its good that we acomplished something on this thread before its ending in a few pages.

Return to “Old Stickies”