[Merch] The Gainax Cash Cow, or Why The Did I Buy That?! [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

[Merch] The Gainax Cash Cow, or Why The Did I Buy That?! [2]

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Continued from: https://forum.evageeks.org/post/696224/The-Gainax-Cash-Cow-or-Why-The-F-and-Did-I-Buy-That/#696224

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote:Evangelion Spoons and Jelly: (only scanned the thread, maybe we already had this one)

SPOILER: Show

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 pm

This link was posted on the Evageeks twitter, but I remember someone posting about this in the old GAINAX cash cow thread so I thought I'd follow up with the new information here.

[url]http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-2831.html[/url]

I think it's a great figure, love how Shinjis posing like he's modeling his luggage. He should be listening to the SDAT, but whatever, the world needs more Shinji figures.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 am

Someone loan me $6000.

https://otakumode.com/shop/521c1da88bac0e5927000061

Cmon, I'm sure at least one of you has to have a spare six grand lying around. Help a brotha out.

Looking it up I see this is almost two years old but I've never seen it before.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:06 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Someone loan me $6000.

Oh wow!
:jawdrop:

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:23 pm

^^ this is probably the creepiest kind of merch you can own. (except the same statue without cloths) ... I want a 1,70m big statue of Eva-00 :uhh:
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:42 pm

View Original PostGorbatschow wrote: except the same statue without cloths

Oh really?
like...as...in fully nude?
that's even more creepy

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Gorbatschow » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:51 pm

View Original PostDataprime wrote:Oh really?
like...as...in fully nude?
that's even more creepy

That's what I was trying to say. ;)

===

more chopsticks:

Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Cmon, I'm sure at least one of you has to have a spare six grand lying around. Help a brotha out.

I think I saw that one in the pictures of the Eva shop in Japan. Looking at it closley the face kinda creeps me out though.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:15 pm

That face is way too off-putting. There's no way I'd drop 6k on it.

Tabby
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tabby » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Actually, they have a Rei and Kaworu statue as well if memory serves. I remember when they were first released for some reason. No Shinji though, which bothered a lot of people including myself. I even remember them being cheaper! (not very much though, maybe 5,000 USD) Admittedly I'd be a bit frightened of a life sized Kaworu standing in my house 24/7, staring at me. ^^;

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:55 pm

View Original PostJoy Evangelion wrote:I think it's a great figure, love how Shinjis posing like he's modeling his luggage. He should be listening to the SDAT, but whatever, the world needs more Shinji figures.

Don't know how familiar you are with the end of the manga as that figure is based on the cover illustration from the July 2013 issue of Young Ace, which serialized the final chapter. Personally I like it as it's one of the few images of Shinji smiling and he isn't off in Shinjiland, which the SDAT is emblematic of.

As for the giant Asuka, I wonder if it might be cheaper to order from a Japanese source although the shipping would be murder. And I do agree with other sentiments about the face. :cringe: Nude would work if it were a statue and done artistically enough to be claimed as art.

Even assuming that I were in a position to blow a few $$K on Eva merch, the question is go all in on one item or spread it out among numerous others.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:00 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Don't know how familiar you are with the end of the manga as that figure is based on the cover illustration from the July 2013 issue of Young Ace, which serialized the final chapter. Personally I like it as it's one of the few images of Shinji smiling and he isn't off in Shinjiland, which the SDAT is emblematic of.

Ah, I've steered clear of the manga(since I don't like cars, jk :wink: ), thanks for the enlightenment ^_^ The SDAT is one of the things in Eva that I hold most dear, so I felt like I had to complain a little bit, but your point is well taken. :wink: I still think he looks like a Louis Vuitton model though.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:03 am

Got the 2014 calendar with Kaworu and Eva-13 on the front as it was discounted. Not going to be used of course, that's what my free car calendar is for and I don't dig looking at the same image for 2 months.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:11 am

http://animeanime.jp/article/2014/02/10/17420.html
http://www.evastylecard.com/
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:15 am

I was going to say Asuka got the short end of the stick until I noticed that she's inside the outline of Unit 02.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

I found my calculator but I wish I hadn't.

•      
  •      

Postby Killer Bee » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:12 pm

Wow, I was just looking at some Eva pics on Google Images and came across this old picture.

[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/post/376419/The-Gainax-Cash-Cow-or-Why-The-F-and-Did-I-Buy-That/#376419[/url].

It's hard to believe I've been coming here almost 4 years now, and my Eva merch collection's barely grown! Glad to say I've long since caught up with the manga, though. Maybe I'll order the new Revoltech Unit-13.

Stratomeister
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Stratomeister » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:38 am

Well, you can't say no to free shipping.
"What the hell is this?" - Shinji Ikari

Tabby
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tabby » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:05 pm

And here I thought there were only two existing plush of Shinji! I just bought two more official sega plush which I've never seen before and google searched them for two days before buying. I caved today as a Valentine's present to myself. <3

Two keychain plush by sega to be exact. Since my goal is to have one of every official Shinji plush ever made I was obligated by my own insanity ^^;

Good thing Kaworu is optional in my collection. Or I would die. O.O

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Now you can get Misato's shoulder holster. Actually, some people could find this useful. Too bad it's nearly $600.
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 32 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:48 pm

^ I'm not a weapon nerd by any means, but that actually sounds like a cool piece of merch. I'm guessing her HK USP would fit in the holster then?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”