[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Goddamit!!! :fistshake:
It seems Youtube has disabled me to upload videos longer than 15 minutes... I'll have to split the review of Eva 08'ß :stars:

Now, the winning question: why they didn't say so before I spent almost 2 hours uploading the HD video!!??

It's part of their retarded policies: If you get a takedown notification you can't upload videos longer than 15 minutes.

You should make a counter-claim of an unjust takedown. Reviews are protected under fair use. If you don't fight back, the bastards will never stop.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:52 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Goddamit!!! :fistshake:
It seems Youtube has disabled me to upload videos longer than 15 minutes... I'll have to split the review of Eva 08'ß :stars:

Now, the winning question: why they didn't say so before I spent almost 2 hours uploading the HD video!!??

Nice review man, I'm really loving the figure myself one of the best this year. But I agree the eyes should have just been painted on in a bright green.

Your lucky you were able to get the A.T. Field into the hopper unit as mine snapped :( hole was well to small and tight.

And I'm with you in wanting a beast mode 02 gamma and an awakened mark 09, but I'm not that fussed on an awakened unit 13.

Plus a decent sized AAA Wunder would be amazing, I have a small one and Love it but a bigger one would be a nerds dream :)
Man can't live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise..

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:35 am

Many, many moons ago I found one Japanese sculptor because he did totally badass Eva stuff, like this:

Now it seems he finally finished his Eva-13 resin kit.

It makes me cry like a bitch that these are all event kits and even if I scrape together the 20,000 yen each costs I may never actually find them from gaijin-friendly sources :sniffle: ;_; :crybaby:
The last time I saw THE BEAST kit pop up on Y!J auction it was going for 25,000yen.....oh the fees on that would be murder...

And he keeps on going because he has THIS on his workbench

Godly work happens here:

http://lmu23.exblog.jp/
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:07 am

That's all kinds of scary, creepy, and fucking awesome!

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:38 am

Love the head sculpt on unit 13 it's a thing of beauty. The bulging eyes are great. As for code 777 unit 02 it looks super sexy.
Man can't live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise..

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:42 pm

Wow. That's a mighty fine kit.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:37 pm

Just paid amiami for the 1/400 Kotobukiya Eva-01 kit. Shipping with SAL so I should have it sometime in the first third of December.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Keep us updated.

^_^

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:12 am

Hobby Search has all the manual scans and tree pictures up already, so you can assemble the thing in your head if you want :P

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10233439

It's looking a bit on the fiddly side but should be worth it.

Do note the color very ridiculous, there are a few pre-painted parts included (eyes, jaw, neck, shoulder bands) http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10233439n4/40/4

It should look pretty good unpainted.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:13 am

The boxart is.. So... So... SEXY :cringe:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:37 am

The boxart actually bothers me. I didn't really look over it closely when it was announced becasue OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG TENJIN HIDETAKA IS DRAWING EVA BOXART OMMMMMMMGGGGGG but now that I have a really close look at it the head seems off. Mainly that loop around the back of the head is angled wrong. The teeth are also funky.

This is kinda disappointing given the fact that Tenjin's work has been nothing but boner-worthy since pretty much ever. For those that don't know what he did:
-Pretty much every Macross kit boxart for Hasegawa
-Contributed to work on Macross Zero and Macross Frontier
-did quite a few MG boxart for Bandai (All the Ver 2.0 Zaku, Gouf and Geloog kits, 2.0 RX-78, 2.0 GM)

He has three artbook out by now:
http://www.hlj.com/product/KOB90124/Boo
http://www.hlj.com/product/KOB90181/Boo
http://www.hlj.com/product/MDW68521/Boo

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:10 pm

That Kotobukiya kit looks superb. Might get one.

I was considering getting one of the LM-HG Evas, probably Unit 01. There's 1 on Amazon for £20, and from what I've seen they're good kits, with nice details and good articulation, even on the arms. Not sure about the stickers though. I hate stickers. I might give it a custom paint job.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Rei IV
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Rei IV » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Dat model of Shogouki-san is unbelievably sexy! Yui, you sure a a certified MILF in that regards.

:yui_grin:

Theron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Theron » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:09 am

Mine's on it's way as we speak, and I should have it all completed on Wednesday. Look forward to some pictures. I am ready.
WHERE IS MY UNIT 13 BANDAI

G2Megatron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby G2Megatron » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:19 pm

So I'm wanting to start collecting Eva figures, I'd like to keep them the units around the same size too. I'm looking at the Revoltechs right now, they seem to be good and articulated (I already have a Gurren Lagann Revo) but you guys are the experts, what is the best Evangelion line to collect?
Evangelion 4.44 I Can (Not) Wait

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:58 pm

View Original PostG2Megatron wrote:So I'm wanting to start collecting Eva figures, I'd like to keep them the units around the same size too. I'm looking at the Revoltechs right now, they seem to be good and articulated (I already have a Gurren Lagann Revo) but you guys are the experts, what is the best Evangelion line to collect?

:cringe: the question that will once more divide this place!

Let's see... Assuming you are only after Rebuild's Evas:

Revoltech: so far the most complete, good articulation, sculpt is OK (specially on Q Evas) but many times Kaiyodo takes aesthetic liberties that undermine screen accuracy, also, only one limited edition...

Robot Spirits (aka Robot Damashii): you'll only find Evas from 2.0 (except Eva 04-05-06), good articulation, they have almost perfect screen accuracy but almost half of them are overtly expensive limited editions that will rarely go below $80... Also, they appear to have no plans to continue Evas on this line...

Bandai model kits: You'll not have Evas 00, 03 nor 05, and unless you are patient and crafty, assembling them as shown in-box is very difficult, taller than most, but they lack good articulation (infact, it's quite bad)...

Real Action Heroes (abbreviated as RAH): big and bulky, the Hot Toys of Evangelion Units, as such, expensive as hell, lack good bases and the articulations is hindered with the many details they add...

Kotobukiya's kits: Like Bandai's, lots to assemble, but it appears to eliminate most of the paint app, the articulation seems very good but I have never seen beyond production pics (just released this week)... Only a couple have been announced...

G2Megatron
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby G2Megatron » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Thanks for the info! Well, as nice as the RAH figures look, their prices absolutely kill any chance of me being able to get one.
I think I might try Revoltechs, They look accurate enough that a few inaccuracies can be overlooked in my opinion, and I'd like to try (and fail) to get the full amount of Evas, and revo looks like the easiest.
Though the Kotobukiya figures look real good, I might look into those a bit more
Oh why can't Eva figures be more accessible in the US :lol:
Evangelion 4.44 I Can (Not) Wait

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:09 am

Stumbled across this as result of something a member mentioned in Recent Hauls. Passing it on for the interested. ^_^
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:49 am

View Original PostG2Megatron wrote:Thanks for the info! Well, as nice as the RAH figures look, their prices absolutely kill any chance of me being able to get one.
I think I might try Revoltechs, They look accurate enough that a few inaccuracies can be overlooked in my opinion, and I'd like to try (and fail) to get the full amount of Evas, and revo looks like the easiest.
Though the Kotobukiya figures look real good, I might look into those a bit more
Oh why can't Eva figures be more accessible in the US :lol:

For what it's worth, Robot Damashii Evas scale almost perfectly with the Evangelion Evolution Revoltechs. The older Revos are too small and have these gimpy cut-joint wrists that don't allow much articulation (although in their defence they had quite good-looking paint and great accessories), but the EvaEvos are great.

I'd say that for all the Evas that have RDs, get the RDs (You might struggle with Unit 00, as it was a limited release) with the possible exception of Unit 02 Beast Mode, where the Revo looks superior. For the others, go for the EvaEvos.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:56 am

Eva 03 in RD is also a limited edition, as well as the released mode Eva 01...
In the end it will be a matter of preference, but I wouldn't go for having a collection where 2 or 3 figures are different from the rest... The EvaEvo of Evas 00/03 do not differ from RD's in terms of extras...

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”