What reminds you of Evangelion in your day to day life?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 pm

A couple advertisements I've seen in my commutes that I just know had to be inspired by EoTV and EoE...probably.

Congratulations!  SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://s842.photobucket.com/user/icannotredo/media/WP_20130906_002_zpsf76e1de9.jpg.html]Image[/URL]

It would work better if she was on a train car  SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://s842.photobucket.com/user/icannotredo/media/WP_20131113_001_zps98aa4818.jpg.html]Image[/URL]
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:24 pm

Is the second one a "beaten wife syndrome"? That would fit Shinji.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:31 pm

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Is the second one a "beaten wife syndrome"? That would fit Shinji.

Nah, just regular, basic depression.
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

LegionWrex
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby LegionWrex » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Anytime I talk to a certain friend of mine (who I leave anonymous), he reminds me a lot of Shinji. Granted, he isn't as depressed or broken as him, but his timid and shy personality reminds me a lot of him.

I also can no longer walk the grocery aisle where they sell Tang anymore as well. Too many memories of the Instrumentality scene from End of Evangelion.
"....Bang." -Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
"Shorty?!? Can a shorty do this?!?" -Edward Elric (FMA)
"I've had many lives, many faces. But there is one face I try to forget..." -The Doctor (Doctor Who)
"So say we all!" -Admiral Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
"The only impossible is impossibility!" -Phineas Flynn (Phineas and Ferb)
"Screw you guys, I'm going home!" -Eric Cartman (South Park)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:18 am

I played The Last of Us, those who played it understand.

HUGE The Last of Us  SPOILER: Show
The whole final level felt to me like a pipe dream where Shinji infiltrates a WILLE base to save Rei, even knowing that it would doom the world, kill Ritsuko with her scalpel in front of an horrified Sakura, escape with Rei in his arms and shoot Misato to death when she interferes.

Which sounds both terrible and disturbingly awesome in my head.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:08 pm

Came across this today:

Those who are heartless once cared too much.

Yet to find a source.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:54 am

That's deep, yo.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Princess Asuka
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Princess Asuka » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:27 pm

I checked the guide on TV and there was a movie titled Fly Me to the Moon on late tonight on WGN Chicago. Also, I saw commercial for Bose noise canceling headphones that reminded me of Shinji. It said when the world gets noisy, I don't mind. What I hear is up to me. There was also a train station in the commercial.

Ringworm128
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Ringworm128 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:29 pm

I was eating one of the left over Turky carcass from Christmas with my hands and it reminded me of the scene where Unit 01 eats an angel.
Chuckman#695701 wrote:Don't you understand? The best way to shelter children from the mind-warping horror that is a pair of perky teen tits is to blindfold them with guts.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”