Eva Airing On Toonami

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
CJD
Banned

Eva Airing On Toonami

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:21 am

Source

That's Toonami's official tumblr. They did a Q&A today and that was one of the details that came out of it. Time to be announced

#hype
#(foramovieI'veseendozensoftimesalready)
Last edited by CJD on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Giji Shinka » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:26 am

yayyy.
It's great that more people get a chance to watch Eva. :kaos_victory:

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:05 pm

Wonderful news!

Coincidentally, my Japanese imported copies of 1.11, 2.22, and 3.33 arrived today!

The Chinese should make this the year of Eva.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:08 pm

Here's the source on Crunchy Roll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/07/31/toonami-to-air-evangelion-222-in-august

Pretty cool news.

Oh yeah, news post made: http://www.evageeks.org/2013/07/eva-2-22-to-air-on-toonami/
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

WunderBah
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby WunderBah » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:43 pm

My body is ready! :devil:

Ænimal
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Ænimal » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:05 pm

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i remember watching 1.11 on Toonami earlier this year, 2.22 should be fun :D

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:50 pm

we’re proud to announce that we’ll be airing NEON GENESIS EVANGELION 2.22, YOU CAN [NOT] ADVANCE...

*grumble*got the name of the film wrong*grumble*

along with a special little goodie that you’ll have to wait to find out about

Hmmm.....something 3.33 related I shouldn't wonder.

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:06 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Hmmm.....something 3.33 related I shouldn't wonder.

Doubtful since FUNimation hasn't said anything yet.

Maybe they're bringing NGE to the line up?
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:38 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Hmmm.....something 3.33 related I shouldn't wonder.

That was my thought too but I wouldn't get your hopes up. Typically when they refer to something special it's just something small to do with Toonami. Like they said there'd be something special during the airing of 1.11 and in the end it was just an exclusive music video by some random band.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:08 am

Glad to see that they'll be able to show Eva 2.22 at end of August rather than next year... but probably will not be able to see it anyway because, well, I've already seen it plenty of times!
Maybe they're bringing NGE to the line up?

At this point, why not? NGE was on Adult Swim before (and had two episodes heavily edited on Toonami years ago during this "Mecha week"), so I would not be surprised. (to air End of Eva though? ... possibility of that is slim.)

Excess_Velocity
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Excess_Velocity » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:14 pm

This means I get to watch it on a live stream with my buddies on the Chans, which will be fun

KingBungleHole
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby KingBungleHole » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:01 pm

Finally I can get my friends to watch 2.22 with me! :D

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:39 am

Trailer is up

The Angels have [Not] Returned

BECAUSE THEY NEVER LEFT.

SEQUEL THEORY CONFIRMED.

:lol:

#hype

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:07 am

This forum has enough driving into the ground of the whole "(not)" thing for one lifetime, Toonami doesn't need to get in on that action too.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:14 am

Can't believe I didn't think of that before.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:47 am

Ceej, at least the trailer-makers used the "(not)" correctly (unlike nearly all of the usages I see on this forum), because each of the sentences they used it in had meaning with or without the "not". E.g., the Angels have returned, and yet they have not returned because they never actually went anywhere (assuming that the backstory there is the same as in NGE, and sure, why wouldn't they jump to that conclusion?) (alternatively, the Angels have not returned because these are actually completely different Angels because this is a completely different story and not a sequel), or, this is the end of the world, and yet it is not the end of the world because in the next movie there are survivors, and so on. But unless there are rumors that the airing is getting cancelled or something like that, I don't see how a usage of "(not)" there is valid.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:41 am

You totally asked for it though. :tongue:

ancapevageek
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ancapevageek » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:06 am

The promo dropped... and even though I've seen 2.22 100 times, it gets my hype for it. A really well done promo, for sure.

@clarknova: Our Evangelion 2.22 promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIDurvdZomU … #toonami
Living the dream

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:00 pm

I went ahead and looked up how Comcast is describing 2.22 in the programing guide, because sometimes I get a good laugh out of those things. Here are a couple highlights in case anyone's interested:
The film is listed as Evangelion 2.0 instead of 2.22, which is silly that they're misleading people that don't know any better, but I'm not too worried about it or mad at Toonami or Comcast or whoever writes these goofy film descriptions.
It has Megumi Ogata as the voice of Shinji, although they're definitely showing the dubbed one. I got a good laugh out of that, since I prefer subbed Shinji.
Mari is labeled as the new recruit from England, which I got a good laugh at too since I never would label one of the children as a "recruit," but maybe that's just me.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Why were there mirrored scenes there?

Rei charging at Zeruel with the missile for example...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”