Eva 3.0 in Italian theatres & 3.33 BD/DVD

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu May 02, 2013 11:26 am

I get a "video not available" screen, so the trailer may only be visible in restricted geographic regions (so, not vetted for spoilers by me, anyway).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Thu May 02, 2013 11:40 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I get a "video not available" screen, so the trailer may only be visible in restricted geographic regions (so, not vetted for spoilers by me, anyway).

I updated the links, adding that at their other youtube channel. can you tell me now if at least one work? otherwise I find another solution.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu May 02, 2013 11:46 am

Thanks!

And yes, the Q section is spoiler heavy even in the first second, for the few remaining hold-outs.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu May 02, 2013 1:55 pm

YouTube comment wrote:Se non avrete ancora visto Eva 3.0 quando andrete a vederlo al cinema non dimenticatevi di raccogliere i pezzi del vostro cuore infranto quando uscirete dalla sala.

Translation  SPOILER: Show
If you haven't seen Eva 3.0, when you go see it at the movies don't forget to gather the pieces of your broken heart when you leave the theater.

I can't exactly tell if this guy liked the movie or not.... :lol:
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Thu May 02, 2013 4:57 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:
If you haven't seen Eva 3.0, when you go see it at the movies don't forget to gather the pieces of your broken heart when you leave the theater.

This is sheer genius, right here. It looks like he felt the same way that a lot of us did when we finished the movie for the first time.

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:56 am

Update: a preview of the first six minutes of eva 3.0 will be shown before the screening of Akira on May 29 in all cinemas. (like the NTV premiere in Japan)

xdiesp
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xdiesp » Wed May 22, 2013 11:32 am

Italian EVA fan here as well. LOL back in 1999 I enjoyed battling with the formidable morons who dubbed our edition over irc. :lol: Due to the "keikaku means plan" mentality, our Children speak in an akward way more reminiscent of a text book than natural speech (but hey, it's so accurate).

If I find out that my nephew is the one badmouthing 3.0 on the YT comments, I promise to give him a beating for the good cause. Cheers.

EDIT
Update: aaand today Italians shall enjoy their EVA 3.0 preview, before the anniversary screening of Akira in selected theatres. I swear to god that kids don't even know what Akira is. All that unattended gore and lasers, what a waste.
SOUND ONLY

Aska89
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Aska89 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:38 pm

ok i'm back from the screening of the 25th anniversary of Akira and i saw the 3.0 preview... in jap sub ita! and yes we've seen the same version of the Japanese TV preview with a bonus scene (a few seconds)
Do what you want .... go to Wal Mart and see what happens after screaming Nigger - Somewhere
Asuka vs. Shinji Fist Fight: Who Wins? "Misato sends them to their rooms without dinner. Pen-Pen wins." - Seele00TextOnly

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Thu May 30, 2013 5:15 pm

There's something interesting about the preview we saw yesterday. It was taken straight from 3.0, not from the TV preview (in the TV preview Mari doesn't sing and Asuka doesn't ask her to stop, but we just heard them doing so).
I half expected them to show 3.33 instead of 3.0, since Dynit will have to dub it and sub it anyway for the BD release, but according to the screenshot comparisons I've seen on Japanese sites, I'm nearly sure that we actually watched 3.0.

Also, I'm not completely sure about it, but I think that the subs they used yesterday were originally written for the TV preview! In yesterday's screening you can hear quite clearly Asuka asking Mari to stop singing, if you know a little Japanese, but the subs miss that entirely - just like they should, if you listen to the TV preview.

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:28 am

updated the first post: screening of the 1.0 and 2.0 in september, Sadamoto arrives in Italy ...

kapa89
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kapa89 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Does anyone know if September 4, 1.0 e 2.0 will be screened in 2K Digital Cinema and audio 5.1 surround PCM like for Evangelion 3.0?

P.S. sorry for my bad english :(

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:46 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:

.TRUTH.

I hereby express my condolences to all of these soon-to-be traumatized Italians....
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 am

View Original Postkapa89 wrote:Does anyone know if September 4, 1.0 e 2.0 will be screened in 2K Digital Cinema and audio 5.1 surround PCM like for Evangelion 3.0?

P.S. sorry for my bad english :(

at the moment there are no official news about this, but reliable sources say yes to 99.99% :shifty: . no one knows yet how many cinemas will be involved in the marathon, maybe not all cinemas of the circuit Nexo, to know this must wait the early days of August I think ...
some photos of "Sadamoto Days" with clip preview of the marathon and 3.0 (from mmf and nexo fb page)
ImageImage Image

kapa89
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kapa89 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:59 am

View Original PostTetsuo87 wrote:no one knows yet how many cinemas will be involved in the marathon, maybe not all cinemas of the circuit Nexo, to know this must wait the early days of August I think ...

what? i live in "ass of the world". hope fine :|

View Original PostTetsuo87 wrote:some photos of "Sadamoto Days" with clip preview of the marathon and 3.0 (from mmf and nexo fb page)

wow. :D i've lost sadamoto days because i had to work all weekend :irked:
i've shame for my english. sorry guys :facepalm:

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:36 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I hereby express my condolences to all of these soon-to-be traumatized Italians....

You can be sure I'll be there laughing at the confused masses once out of the theater. No better chance to pitch my favorite "prequel" theory ;)
Too bad we'll have to put up with the dub. No offense to our VAs, but I can't really enjoy our Rebuild dub (or our new EoE dub, for that matter).

Just a few weeks ago, as we were waiting for the projection of Akira to begin, I heard a few people around me eagerly waiting to see Rebuild in the theaters. They were old fans of the TV series but they were still avoiding spoilers about the new films. Just think for a moment about how traumatizing it would be to see 1.0-2.0-3.0 for the first time in the span of a few weeks - at least we had a few years to analyze and fanwank about the new films, and many of us still can't get over the "new" Evangelion saga. Yeah, watching the reactions once out of the theater will be fun.

View Original PostTetsuo87 wrote:some photos of "Sadamoto Days" with clip preview of the marathon and 3.0 (from mmf and nexo fb page)

Well, I'm not really a fan of the manga, but surely the event must have been interesting. Do you know if the audience was allowed to ask him any question? I almost hope not, judging from the butthurt I've seen here caused by the manga's ending.

But hey, having the chance to get one of his illustrations autographed by the man himself would have been fun.

Ambrosia
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ambrosia » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Now I have yet another great reason to go back to Bologna in September :D

Tetsuo87
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsuo87 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Update, new trailer... (with italian dub!!!)

New Evangelion Night Trailer (dub)
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCaHVb8lCHc[/url]
or
[url]http://youtu.be/S-wnYiKjVCg[/url]

New 3.0 Trailer Dubbed !Heavy Q Spoiler!
[url]http://youtu.be/6Olv6d9GwU8[/url]
or
[url]http://youtu.be/OTZLPdCUxg4[/url]

lo zaffo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lo zaffo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:51 am

Tonight Evangelion Night is going to be huge here in Modena, Italy.
Due to high booking a second screen was lately added in local multi screen cinema, first screen is utterly booked. I'm in.

Good vibrations for Eva 3.0 Q screenplay on September, 25th. :devil:
space is the place - sun ra

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:46 pm

Wait - did the eyecatch really read "1.01"? I can't remember off the top of my head what scenes where added or changed for 1.01, I need to find a relevant thread first. I'm pretty sure the 2.0 we saw was actually the "real" 2.0, though.

Anyway, here in Brescia our (admittely small) room was completely full. I bet even the organizers were surprised, I'm sure they would've used a larger room like they did for the Akira remaster a few months ago if they were expecting something like this.
I know I'm one of the bigger 3.0 haters around here, but I can't wait to see it on the big screen. Never expected to be able to see an Evangelion film one day in a theater here in Italy.

View Original PostTetsuo87 wrote:New 3.0 Trailer Dubbed !Heavy Q Spoiler!
[url]http://youtu.be/6Olv6d9GwU8[/url]

Man, that's so full of spoilers it's not even funny. I was honestly surprised to see it in the theater right after 2.0. I mean... the AAA Wunder? Wille? In a trailer? What's even funnier is that the previous 3.0 "trailer" Dynit used to run just a few weeks ago during the Akira remaster day was the 3.0 trailer at the end of 2.22 - which, as we all know, had nothing whatsoever to do with the "real" 3.0.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:12 pm

View Original Postath wrote:Man, that's so full of spoilers it's not even funny. I was honestly surprised to see it in the theater right after 2.0. I mean... the AAA Wunder? Wille? In a trailer? What's even funnier is that the previous 3.0 "trailer" Dynit used to run just a few weeks ago during the Akira remaster day was the 3.0 trailer at the end of 2.22 - which, as we all know, had nothing whatsoever to do with the "real" 3.0.

The best is the very first shot of the trailer : the devastated Tokyo-3 with the Moon crashed on Earth, like one of the biggest revelation of the movie! And with Kaworu's voice that explain about HIP to boot! :facepalm:
Strangely they didn't spoiled the other big revelation that comes before : the 14 years time skip.

On a side note, Gendo's Italian voice is swag as hell, what a deep voice! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”