[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Restriktion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Restriktion » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:24 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:No one is complaining stop feeling hurt for those not wounded, im just having fun on expense of seele, it's all good fun, we used to bicker about damashii and revos.

I am well aware. Thought that was still noteworthy.

-insert obligatory "come on, Bandai" message here.-

By the way, is there anything new about static figures or garage kits? And did anything from -ANIMA- except the Super Evangelion and the winged Kaworu garage kit a figure treatment?

Frozzy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Frozzy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:33 pm

still waiting on Eva-08a to come and im really tempted to pre order the 1/10 scale black plugsuit Rei she just looks so adorable :3
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!"

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 am

hey guys i'm new here so be nice

just wanted to flog the dead horse and ask the question do think revoltech will bother releasing and adams vessel of mark 09 and a code 777 (triple seven) unit 02?

oh and if you want to see my eva collection pics me instagram is BUCKY0HARE3.
Man can't live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise..

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:29 am

Unit 08 arrived this morning, suffers a little from some of the usual revoltech drawbacks, a couple of paint slips and a slightly ugly mould line on the head but otherwise very nice indeed. A little bland in the sense that it comes with the same accessories as unit 02 (well other than the robot arm for Unit 02 which is pretty funky) but the Eva itself is pretty darn good.

And to just way in on the whole robot Damashii will they wont they thing, I can't imagine they wouldn't and expect it's only a matter of time (maybe after the new revoltechs have been released). To use an example, I'm a Godzilla fan and I've been collecting the monsterarts series which Bandai/tamashii is continuing to produce despite Godzilla not being that popular in Japan at the moment. Granted the series is popular in America at the mo and that's one of the factors giving Bandai the confidence to continue with the line. But the fact that Bandai is willing to produce a line of figures based around a character that isn't all that popular in his native land at the moment (admittedly with an eye on the overseas market) I'd imagine they'd be willing to make figures of characters that are very much in demand.

That's a long winded way of saying it will happen it's just a matter of when. I think, as has been suggested before, we may see them in a new line, wasn't D-arts mentioned a while back in relation to the Evas? Or maybe they'll get their own line though I can't see that happening. I still think they might end up in the Chogokin line, my spurious reasoning being that we've seen a couple of Gainax characters appear in that line earlier in the year. Who knows, time will tell I guess but my fingers are firmly crossed that it will happen.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby shaneva002 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm

View Original PostBucky 0 Har3 wrote:hey guys i'm new here so be nice

just wanted to flog the dead horse and ask the question do think revoltech will bother releasing and adams vessel of mark 09 and a code 777 (triple seven) unit 02?

oh and if you want to see my eva collection pics me instagram is BUCKY0HARE3.

I have no doubt that Kaiyodo/Revoltech will make every eva version ever at some point.

I don't about Bandai and Eva atm, I thought they said recently in a magazine they weren't interested in the side eva line anymore. On top of that the S.H.Monsterarts Angels have all but disappeared, I was hoping to atleast get Sachiel lol.............
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Frozzy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Frozzy » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:28 pm

View Original PostBucky 0 Har3 wrote:hey guys i'm new here so be nice

id love to see a revoltech version of the unit 02 777 beast mode simply because i didnt get the original and the more cat like appearance appeals to me more :3
"You're thinking in Japanese! If you must think, do it in German!"

Bucky 0 Har3
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Bucky 0 Har3 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:33 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:I have no doubt that Kaiyodo/Revoltech will make every eva version ever at some point.

I don't about Bandai and Eva atm, I thought they said recently in a magazine they weren't interested in the side eva line anymore. On top of that the S.H.Monsterarts Angels have all but disappeared, I was hoping to atleast get Sachiel lol.............

yeah been nearly a year sinceanythings been said bout them. i was hoping to get a few angels myself, mostly the third angel as that is a wired angel and love unit 05 impaling it in 2.0

i have the original beast and its one of my favourite figures, but would really enjoy 777 beast as its like a cross between thundercat and eva :P
Man can't live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise..

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:35 pm

So we're all familiar with some of the pros of the RDs over the Revo Evas, but I'm wondering how that's going to hold over with the new sculpts of the Revoltech Q Evangelion figures. Because going by the pictures out (for whatever it could be worth) they look out of this world. But we'll have to wait and see when we actually get our hands on them, I guess.

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:On top of that the S.H.Monsterarts Angels have all but disappeared...

Damn shame, as I just recently bought into the SHMA line too.
Was stoked for Zeruel, Sachiel and a couple others.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:18 pm

View Original PostGojimatt wrote:Unit 08 arrived this morning

Mine are at customs :impatient:

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:I have no doubt that Kaiyodo/Revoltech will make every eva version ever at some point.

Most likely... In any case I'm waiting for the Rocket for Mark 09 (even if sold separately)... Otherwise I still hold my ground for not buying it when first released...

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:On top of that the S.H.Monsterarts Angels have all but disappeared, I was hoping to atleast get Sachiel lol.............

Don't say that!!! :cringe:
I wanted Sachi and Tunny!!!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:53 pm

at last the finished image of kotobukiya's unit 01

http//main.kotobukiya.co.jp/pk/pkother/eva/evangeliontt01.html

looks pretty awesome, my favorite proportion evangelion so far. hopefully they can start stamping out other units once this one is released.

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:55 pm

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:So we're all familiar with some of the pros of the RDs over the Revo Evas, but I'm wondering how that's going to hold over with the new sculpts of the Revoltech Q Evangelion figures. Because going by the pictures out (for whatever it could be worth) they look out of this world. But we'll have to wait and see when we actually get our hands on them, I guess..

The generally agreed pro of RD over revoltech is the articulation, revoltech still uses their obviously patented revo joints which are fine for action poses as the sculpt of the revos is tailored that way, but for more natural poses they lose against the RDs, of course people would argue that the sculpt and paint is also a huge issue but as you say revoltech has been improving that, but unless they improve in someway their joints then at least for me the RDs will have the edge.

And on the issue of if Bandai will continue the line I don't understand why they wouldn't, I mean they are producing model kits why not the Damashiis? I can't recall but as far as I know the line was not a flop.

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:52 am

[quote="SEELE-01#648362"]Mine are at customs :impatient:

Yeah mine got stopped too, it's a real drag.

On the up side finally got my Medicom Unit 01, tis a thing of beauty though I'm also quite terrified of breaking it! :cringe

P.S Shinies is right, I forgot to mention the Bandai model kits, surely a company willing to make kits wouldn't be adverse to making figures of the same characters? (I realize it's a different division to Robot Damashii but still...)
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:16 am

View Original PostTruthfulLie wrote:at last the finished image of kotobukiya's unit 01

http://main.kotobukiya.co.jp/pk/pkother/eva/evangeliontt01.html

looks pretty awesome, my favorite proportion evangelion so far. hopefully they can start stamping out other units once this one is released.

It does look extremely nice but 5,400 yen is kinda pushing it. Damn Koto and thier pricing.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:43 am

Yeah I was expecting high price tag just being Koto, but there aren't any alternatives that looks nearly as nice. (

gruntyguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby gruntyguy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:27 am

Hot damn that Unit 01 is sexy! It looks like a mini Medicom RAH. And amiami has it ready for preorder for only $38. At most shipping would bring it up to around $45.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:20 pm

Remember that it's not a complete figure, but a kit with some pre-painted parts which means it will require you to do some assembling, painting and general modeling. That's quite expensive for a kit when you compare to Bandai kits that actually has better color separations (which has gotten so good recently with MG that you rarely need to paint much parts), better gimmick and generally offers a lot more for the money. | Note that I am talking about Bandai Gundam kits, not Evangelion kits. Those are horrible.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:05 pm

Bandai's Rebuild kits aren't completely horrible. Engineering-wise they are fantastic. Proportions can use a lot of work but the Eva-02 kit is very much a good deal for 4,800 yen.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby TruthfulLie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:53 pm

Seeing the level of engineering goes into the latest Gundam MG kits and their prices, I say we really don't get the money's worth on Bandai Evangelion kits.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:59 pm

its an assembly kit ? looks like a figurine, also the google translation says it already comes painted.
its the price of a cloth myth wich is steep for lack of acessories,but godam be it, if they anounce other units i'll have to buy , then i'll really hate bandai.
ANATA BAKA !?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:03 pm

Kotobukiya Eva is a kit.

Most of the plastic will be molded in the correct color and Koto occasionally paints small details themselves but you still have to assemble the whole thing yourself and it will not look out of the box like it does in those pictures.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”