[Merch] Evangelion Figures Superthread [3]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Dovah
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dovah » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:36 pm

So I was thinking of maybe ordering the Mark 09 figure and I have a few questions for you guys, who seem to be more experienced with this stuff.

My first question is, when exactly does the Mark 09 release? My second is, are there any quick tips that you guys can give me in order to make sure my figures don't get damaged easily? I have a dog and a cat so I wouldn't want their paws on Mark 09.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:38 pm

View Original PostDovah wrote:My first question is, when exactly does the Mark 09 release?

September 15th...

View Original PostDovah wrote:My second is, are there any quick tips that you guys can give me in order to make sure my figures don't get damaged easily? I have a dog and a cat so I wouldn't want their paws on Mark 09.

Take it form someone who has a cat, and whose sister has a golden retriever and 2 other cats...
Don't leave them at their reach... Simple as that, you can't blame them for chewing if you leave them at fangs reach, you can't blame them for leaving it at place where they would move it to gravity's evil influence... It's your responsibility...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:19 am

View Original PostRestriktion wrote:Also, may I ask where you got this Heisei-era Godzilla?

Sure. It's a SHMonsterArts Godzilla 1994, ordered second-hand with my Revo Eva-01 // Mark.06 special edition box set from AmiAmi.

SPOILER: Show
I've had tokusatsu on my mind a lot lately. Even bought the Godzilla Heisei and Millennium Series DVD box sets for myself. So when I saw the Godzilla '94 I jumped at the opportunity, as it was at a pretty decent price and I haven't seen many others floating around my usual sites/distributors or whatever.

Just holding out for a SHMA Mothra now...

View Original PostDovah wrote:So I was thinking of maybe ordering the Mark 09...

A good decision, comrade.
Come and join the Mark designation master-race.

:tongue:

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:September 15th...

Indeed, and two days after my birthday! I'll be sure to count it as a present and such then, hehe.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:36 am

I just realized Eva 13 will be with me for my birthday...

Also, does HLJ send payment invoices like AmiAmi or since all I ordered is in-stock I can pay already?

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:52 am

Flicking through the new issue of Previews and noticed the Medicom Asuka (with jacket) and Unit 00. Looks like they're getting released in the states along with the other 3.0 Evangelion releases (there was an add in the previous issue showing Unit 01, 02 and 08). So even if you're unable to procure either of them at a convention (they're exclusives right?) you'll get another shot at them!
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

Restriktion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Restriktion » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:26 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:I just realized Eva 13 will be with me for my birthday...

Also, does HLJ send payment invoices like AmiAmi or since all I ordered is in-stock I can pay already?

They eventually do, but it can take them a couple of hours. You should be fine with checking your inbox the next day after creating a shipment.

Also, your blog states that you are trying to render the rocket booster which is used at the beginning of Operation US. It may be interesting that khara actually enlisted scientific aides to design it in a more realistic fashion. Too bad the building up realism is crushed when we see Eva-02'(Beta) with only one hand capable of wielding the elongated sniper rifle. The gun arm is not needed at all for close combat, the Eva is certainly big enough to install rocket launchers somewhere, but that is just me. Anyway, i wish you success for the upcoming project.

Blue Monday wrote:ure. It's a SHMonsterArts Godzilla 1994, ordered second-hand with my Revo Eva-01 // Mark.06 special edition box set from AmiAmi.

Thank you, Too bad they are currently sold out, but they have a S.H. MonsterArts Destoroyah (at a good price) that might suit your taste, because you mentioned it earlier.

Gojimatt wrote:Flicking through the new issue of Previews and noticed the Medicom Asuka (with jacket) and Unit 00. Looks like they're getting released in the states along with the other 3.0 Evangelion releases (there was an add in the previous issue showing Unit 01, 02 and 08). So even if you're unable to procure either of them at a convention (they're exclusives right?) you'll get another shot at them!

Deducing from your writing, "Previews" appears to be a ((action) figure) magazine, correct? Or are you referring to individual previews of the retailers?

At least this explains the apparently accurate October release date, but does that mean that the common wholesale merchants will pick them up, too? I am near certain that unit450 is happy to read this.

gruntyguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby gruntyguy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:25 pm

So my Unit 02 RAH arrived today. If you don't mind Id like to give some input being that this is my first RAH to own.

Visually this figure is incredible. The sculpt is the best Ive seen in any Eva figure. All the details are there and it just looks fantastic on display. I dont know just how fragile this figure is, but I treat it as if its made of glass, even as I pose it.

I love some of the design choices. Revoltech should take some notes on Medicom's approach to the pylon articulation. Its perfect. I also really like the double jointed knees and shifting hip joints. Each hand having their own pegs already is also great. Unlike my revoltechs, changing the Unit's hands is simple and easy.

However, compared to smaller Eva figures and Revoltechs, this is not the most posable figure. While achieving the seamless-ness that RAHs tend to go for (hiding the joints), this also prevents some articulation, mostly in the elbows. The rubber cover prevent the arms from moving further than 90 degrees upwards. It can not touch its shoulder and can hardly touch its face. Nevertheless, this figure can still pull off some really nice poses for how large and complex it is.

The only other issue Ive had is the hands made to hold the rifles. They are already very closed off, so pushing the rifle to fit the hand was scary, as I was afraid of bending or snapping anything. Those hands are going to stay on the rifles.
This figure is definitely a showcase/display/collectors item. I'll be finding a nice pose for it and leaving it like that for a while.

I also never knew about leather cracking. The arms seem to be rubber, so I assume the black under coat is leather? How long are we talking that this leather might start cracking? Months? Years? Thats a little worrying.

So all in all, the Unit 02 RAH is absolutely fantastic. I cant get over its vivid colors, and makes me want all the units. Ow my wallet.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:39 pm

View Original Postgruntyguy wrote:Image

Wow, this pose right here...
Why do the RAHs have to be so fucking expensive!

:bawl:

Just like the CRCs, I don't think I'll ever be able to truly commit to the purchase.

View Original PostRestriktion wrote:S.H. MonsterArts Destoroyah

Oh I would love me some SHMA Destoroyah, but I've literally got nowhere to put/display it. As well as it being rather costly. Same goes for the coming Biollante release in November.

View Original PostRestriktion wrote:Deducing from your writing, "Previews" appears to be a ((action) figure) magazine, correct? Or are you referring to individual previews of the retailers?

It's a magazine you can get at comic-book shops and what-not, has details on up and coming titles (DC and other publishers, no Marvel - They have their own version) and figurines, collectibles and stuff too.

Flicking through it, it's one of those things that make you realise how much money you don't have.
Heh.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:55 pm

Well, I just paid Eva 02 Beta and 08 Alpha... Now the wait... It'll probably be here by next Wednesday...
Damn, I'm so weak :lol:

How heavy is the RAH?
Have you considered buying a base?
I've seen some at AmiAmi made for large dolls... I think they could take something like that Eva...

@Restriktion: Thanks, I'm trying on the boosters... Look awful so far :lol:

gruntyguy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby gruntyguy » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:42 pm

@Seele-01
The figure has a good weighty feel to it. Maybe compare it to a decently sized book? The base is okay too, so far every pose I've put the Unit in has been able to be supported on its own or with the stand. It definitely wont be able to support poses like running or jumping. Maybe if the base had more weight on the bottom.

Gojimatt
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gojimatt » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:41 am

Medicom Eva-o-rama!!!

http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2013/06/27-02.html

Eva unit 02y looks amazing, as do all the others but that's the one I've ordered so I'm trying to focus on it so I'm not tempted.
'Do not try to escape earthlings or you'll force us to kill you!'

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:14 pm

View Original PostRestriktion wrote:

Is this pure speculation or is there evidence for Kaiyodo's upcoming plans? I remember you talking with a Bandai representative a while ago, where they stated that they currently had no intentions of continuing Side-EVA.

Sorry, i was just messing up with seele-01,cos he keeps buying the remolds of evangelion from revoltech. And about bandai, the guy (bandai america) told me they had no plans, or even contractual lease (licence), and here we are with new assembly kits....i guess the branches don't comunicate that well.
ANATA BAKA !?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:51 pm

From what I understand Bandai's various toy/kit branches actually hate eachother and compete instead of collaborating.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:44 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:Sorry, i was just messing up with seele-01,cos he keeps buying the remolds of evangelion from revoltech.

Ejem... Otherwise it wouldn't be a collection... :irked:

Besides, I don't have or want all of them...

My Units 02b and 08 are on they're way now...

Restriktion
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Restriktion » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:57 am

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:
bladerj wrote:Sorry, i was just messing up with seele-01,cos he keeps buying the remolds of evangelion from revoltech
.Ejem... Otherwise it wouldn't be a collection... :irked:

Besides, I don't have or want all of them...

My Units 02b and 08 are on they're way now...

Are we seriously complaining about people purchasing coloured and shaped plastic meant to resemble beloved characters in a thread dedicated to character figures?

Besides that, the Evangelion units, like most mecha in Animé were ultimately designed to share striking similarities (although Hideaki Anno himself(?) apparently originally didn't intend that). Even with Kaiyodo being notorious for producing the most designs, should we really blame (collectible) toy manufacturers for producing a line of collectible toys?

I was also under the assumption you have all the Revoltech Evangelion releases by now, at least in one incarnation. If not, may i ask which ones are you missing?
Last edited by Restriktion on Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:46 am

View Original PostRestriktion wrote:Are we seriously complaining about people purchasing coloured and shaped plastic meant to resemble beloved characters in a thread dedicated to character figures?

No, not complaining, just pointing to ourselves the flaws in our collection tastes ;)

I was also under the assumption you have all the Revoltech Evangelion releases by now, at least in one incarnation. If not, may i ask which ones are you missing?

Namely I don't own the Glow in the dark or Yamashita color version of Eva 01 (Tv mold); none of the other transparent plastic color variations of the NGE Evas (they're 4); the "minis" of Rebuild 1.0 and Eva 04; the half transparent-half opaque Evas of Rebuild 1.0; The Lawson Eva 01; the very first release of Eva 05; the transparent EvaEvo 01; the single releases of EvaEvos Mark 06 and Eva 04 (I have the red spears set) and those sets of Eva 01-04 in metallic paint from the Pachinko games or the 4-pack re-release of the 2.0 mold Evas...
So, there are well over 20 Evas from Revoltech I don't own :tongue:

@gruntyguy: I saw this base at AmiAmi the other day, found it again... Maybe it can do for the RAH's, says it's meant for dolls up to 30 cm...

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:14 pm

After my TV edition revoltech 03 broke I've become disenchanted with the franchise, they are not bad if you are on budget and they do excel in accesories but in terms of posability and sometimes in sculpt I prefer the other options, which makes me sad Bandai hasn't said anything on continuing the Damashii line.

bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby bladerj » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:35 pm

No one is complaining stop feeling hurt for those not wounded, im just having fun on expense of seele, it's all good fun, we used to bicker about damashii and revos.
ANATA BAKA !?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:09 pm

View Original Postbladerj wrote:No one is complaining stop feeling hurt for those not wounded, im just having fun on expense of seele, it's all good fun, we used to bicker about damashii and revos.

Used to?
Just wait until some newbie comes and asks the forbidden question...
Hell breaks loose here :bigeyes:

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Shinies » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:25 pm

View Original PostSEELE-01 wrote:Used to?
Just wait until some newbie comes and asks the forbidden question...
Hell breaks loose here :bigeyes:

Oh oh I know that!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”