So looks like McDonalds are Asuka Fanboys (Wendys joins in)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

So looks like McDonalds are Asuka Fanboys (Wendys joins in)

Postby lastcody » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:29 am

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/04/04/american-fast-food-giants-weigh-in-on-evangelion-girl-debate

This made me laugh

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

Postby C.A.P. » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:33 am

I wonder who the Burger King likes...
"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Re: So looks like McDonalds are Asuka Fanboys (Wendys joins

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:42 am

McDonald lacks taste, there's nothing new under the sun.
EDIT: the part that made me (bitterly) laugh is the one about pixiv, they're probably right about it.
Last edited by Hyper Shinchan on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Madonna
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Madonna » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:58 am

Asuka has as much character and quality as a McDonalds burger anyway, so it's no surprise they prefer her.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Postby KnightmareX13 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:02 am

Wonder what prompted them to ask Mcdonalds or why Mcdonalds even answered
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Darkwing » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:36 am

Well of course burger joints aren't going to endorse Rei. She's a vegitarian.

Sad to hear that Rei didn't get as much birthday fanart though.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:46 am

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:Well of course burger joints aren't going to endorse Rei. She's a vegitarian.

Do they even know that?
View Original PostDarkwing wrote:Sad to hear that Rei didn't get as much birthday fanart though.

Well at least there were some nice ones but I had the same impression, also there wasn't anything related to Q, you could say that those few who drew something were in complete denial mode "Q doesn't exist, it just didn't happen, etc., etc." :lol:
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:15 am

View Original PostMadonna wrote:Asuka has as much character and quality as a McDonalds burger anyway, so it's no surprise they prefer her.

Such unseemly sentiments. This is why Rei doesn't have many fans in the West, too many bitter fans as it is.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Well at least there were some nice ones but I had the same impression, also there wasn't anything related to Q, you could say that those few who drew something were in complete denial mode "Q doesn't exist, it just didn't happen, etc., etc." :lol:

Rei's always gotten short shrift in the franchise, but given her descent into moeblob status in the new movies it's not surprising her fans would focus on the original work. At least it gave her a story of her own, stunted as it was.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Madonna
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Madonna » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:45 am

I was kidding, are all Asuka fans so...defensive?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Pretending to ignore the point as usual

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:45 am

Such unseemly sentiments. This is why Rei doesn't have many fans in the West, too many bitter fans as it is.

It is better to be few than in bad company...
View Original PostBagheera wrote:Rei's always gotten short shrift in the franchise, but given her descent into moeblob status in the new movies it's not surprising her fans would focus on the original work.

Except that's not what happened, Rei and LRS were very popular after Ha came out and I'd say that most of the few pics posted recently still portray her around those lines, the issue was in THAT last film and you perfectly know what I and Crunchyroll are talking about.
View Original PostMadonna wrote:I was kidding, are all Asuka fans so...defensive?

They usually take after their favourite character.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby lastcody » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:53 am

Everyone tweet Burger King, lets end the debate

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby driftking18594 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:55 am

Has nobody thought of KFC or Pizza Hut yet?

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby lastcody » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:08 am

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:Has nobody thought of KFC or Pizza Hut yet?

Pizza huts not allowed in cause they are in 1.11

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: Pretending to ignore the point as usual

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:32 am

View Original PostMadonna wrote:I was kidding,

So was I. Lighten up, eh?

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:It is better to be few than in bad company...

They usually take after their favourite character.

How is it Asuka fans are getting the flak here when you're the one making personal attacks?
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Catamari » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:44 am

Taco Bell had better choose Rei, or I'm going bust a nut.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

Squigsquasher
Banned

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Poor, poor Rei.

It's alright, I'll always love you. Let me get you a bowl of Miso soup and a warm blanket...

*Ahem*

Anyway...Who honestly cares what manufacturers of crappy burgers have to say about Evangelion? Here's to hoping that Rei steps on McDonalds in Unit 00.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

lastcody
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby lastcody » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:24 pm

View Original PostSquigsquasher wrote:Anyway...Who honestly cares what manufacturers of crappy burgers have to say about Evangelion? Here's to hoping that Rei steps on McDonalds in Unit 00.

Oh I don't give a shit, I think that 2 fast food chains picking there favorite Evangelion character is fucking hilarious

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:37 pm

It's not like they were really choosing one character over another anyway; whoever was manning the twitter account saw a pic of two girls, one with red hair and blue eyes and the other with blue hair and red eyes, and said "uh . . . I'll go with the one that looks like a normal person, sue me" and here we are. The Wendy's response wasn't even related to the pic (note their mascot).

So, Rei was only dissed in the loosest possible sense of the term.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:57 pm

Doesn't look like the tweets from McDonalds and Wendy's even exist anymore. Elaborate hoax?

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:02 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Doesn't look like the tweets from McDonalds and Wendy's even exist anymore. Elaborate hoax?

Nah, it's real. Somebody linked to the actual tweets on IRC a few days ago when they were new.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”