What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:10 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:A pity about that Share button on the PS4. It's probably going to drive me nuts until I get used to it, because its mere existence is going to make me want to press it, even though I don't really want people watching me gaming or seeing my screenshots or anything like that. One of the things I liked about console gaming was the intimacy of the act, the privacy, the solitude, the log-cabin-in-the-woodsiness of it, just me and the game, and now there's an entire button on the controller dedicated to ruining that, always there, constantly tempting me to shatter that peace.
Well, make sure you only add a few close friends on PSN and it'll still have that sense of privacy. At least, that's what I plan to do since they said they were pushing for people to use their real identity.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:54 pm

AMD Elaborates on PS4's Custom ''Jaguar'' APU

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/APU-Jaguar-PlayStation-Kabini-Temash,21229.html

Good news! Hopefully this partnership helps AMD out financially.

Also means I'll need to upgrade my GPU in my PC... that is once I get around to playing games again.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:15 am

Awwwwwww shit son, what is that sound? That's the motherfucking sound of 2007 Runescape. Now that Jagex has (finally) decided to bring back Oldscape me and a friend decided to resubscribe and play that shit like the good old days, before WoW spoiled us.

SPOILER: Show

High polygon character models? Check.

Unique and innovative quests? Check.

Advanced combat systems? Check.

Full orchestra music that brings back waves of nostalgia? Check.

I can't fucking wait to spend 16 hours a day grinding out mining on raw rune stones.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:33 pm

Got my hands few days ago onto: "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance" and finished it a hour ago........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Easily.One.Of.The.Best.Games.I've.Ever.Played.

Awwwwwww shit son, what is that sound? That's the motherfucking sound of 2007 Runescape. Now that Jagex has (finally) decided to bring back Oldscape me and a friend decided to resubscribe and play that shit like the good old days, before WoW spoiled us.

.............Well, another game that will: "Take my soul and make me lose all my social contacts for many months.".............Shit...........
(Can't wait to kill noobs @ wildy, fight Barrows brothers, fishing monkfish/shark, do quest's like Recipe for Disaster/Lost city, and troll/cheat people in Falador to think that certain item is are less valuable, and i make the real profit out of it.)

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm most looking forward to questing. Runescape easily had the best quests out of any MMO I've played (not saying much considering most MMO's have the exact same type of quests). I remember when I first moved onto WoW it was a friend from RS who I went with. He was reading up on it and he's like "Dude, did you know WoW has over 3000 quests?!?!?" We were both positively ecstatic at the thought of 3000 quests of the same quality as RS quests. Of course, it turns out all but a select few WoW quests are nowhere near that quality, and those that are it would be more accurate to say the "quest chain" is comparable rather than an individual quest. 'Course, that didn't bother us considering how good WoW was to a newb.

I always said I'd resubscribe to RS when they updated the Elf Saga questline, though. Unfortunately I gave my account to a friend and he turned out to be a backstabbing cunt so I never got it back, and years later I don't even remember the original recovery details. Side note, it seems like whenever I give something valuable to a friend they turn out to be a backstabbing cunt.

Right now I'm just farming rune stones to get my mining up and make some money. I think I'mma spend my early time getting most of the important skills up to 30 and then go and do quests and shit. That way I'll have a nice solid base to work off of. Oh god, I can't wait till I venture into west members land for the first time again! That druid village! That dragon dungeon! That wolf mountain! That fishing village! That camelot and fletching area and yew logs! THAT ARDOUGNE! THAT MOSS GIANTS! THAT GNOME LAND! THAT MAGIC GUILD! THAT CASTLE WARS! ERRMAHGAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the best part?!?!? Grinding in this game is so easy I can do other shit while I'm doing it. I'm literally sitting here playing DOTA alt tabbing to make runs when I die/head back to base. I hate fishing in WoW. I love fishing in this game! It shouldn't work that way, but it does!

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Holy hell, someone still plays runescape? Well hell, I think I'll have to start back up again. Name's Agentomega there too - in fact, that's where I came up with this name XD Man, good ol' 2001. Well, save for 9/11 and all that what not. Still, back then it was still RS Classic and by Jove I'd love to go back and play it again. Reckon I'm a level 50-something though, might need to resubscribe since some of my items are decidedly member's only...
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:28 pm

Finished Aliens: Colonial Marines in Ultimate Badass dificulty.

It wasn´t very hard. I only died 15 times.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:37 pm

I gave up videogames several months ago, but I've as of late started to play Civ V again. It's a good game, but it reminds me why I gave them up in the first place: too time consuming.

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 am

Day 1 Progress  SPOILER: Show

Ultimately my attempts to get level 20 Runecrafting were stalled by the lack of a Mind Talisman. I could have kept making Air Runes but what would the point of that be when I could make Air AND Mind runes and then use them to level up my magic? Some quick research indicated a Mind Talisman would be best found from level 9 Wizards in the Wizard tower, so, considering at the time I was level 3, I spent the last ~10 hours or alternating between farming a full inventory of chicken meat/cow meat, plus burying the bones I get from those poor helpless animals to level up my prayer, cooking that meat, and then heading off to kill first spiders, than goblins, and most recently giant rats. Unfortunately, multiple attempts to kill a single level 9 wizard failed miserably as I sit with my bronze battle axe, so it seems I need to rethink my plan. Likely tommorow I'll get back to mining and farm up some Tin and Copper so I can level my smithing and hopefully get it up to the quality to make a full iron set, at which point I hope to be able to tackle tougher enemies.

View Original PostAgentomega wrote:Holy hell, someone still plays runescape? Well hell, I think I'll have to start back up again. Name's Agentomega there too - in fact, that's where I came up with this name XD Man, good ol' 2001. Well, save for 9/11 and all that what not. Still, back then it was still RS Classic and by Jove I'd love to go back and play it again. Reckon I'm a level 50-something though, might need to resubscribe since some of my items are decidedly member's only...

What prompted me and my friends to resubscribe was that Jagex "discovered" a legacy version of the game on some of their old servers, a legacy version from back in summer '07 apparently. Considering there have been dozens of efforts to create private servers that emulate Runescape from 06-07, and that legacy servers for that period were one of the most requested features for the game, they launched a poll on their website to gauge interest in creating said servers. The only criteria to vote was that you had to be a member (meaning subscribed). As long as it received 50K votes they'd release the servers but there'd be a lot of drawbacks (namely an "Additonal membership fee of $15" to play on the servers, which I presume is on top of the already standing $8 membership fee). On the bright side, they included tiers based on how many votes it receives that would improve the experience, and we're currently sitting at 354,000. It passed the 50K mark extremely fast so in response they brought up the legacy servers early, hence what I've been playing on. All you need to do to play on the servers is vote in the poll and you get your first month on them for free (still have to pay to be a member to vote, though). Everyone starts at scratch, obviously.

Full info here.

It's nice for me because I quit in December 06, so there's about 8 months of content updates that I never saw, including the clan system. Voting ends at midnight on the 1st of March, hopefully we hit the 500k mark because if we do perks include no additional membership fee to play on them (meaning just the normal membership fee), guaranteed implementation of the anti botting tech the implemented on live servers last year and, from what I heard, utterly demolished bots for months, an "additional development team", and most importantly member polls to vote on content updates to the game. That'd be very nice as while I hope they don't add a lot of the newer stuff like Grand Exchange and "Evolution of Combat," updates, I would like to see them add the new areas and quests in long running chains. I'd seriously like to see in person how that Elf chain plays out, the final part of it when I quit was the reveal that
SPOILER: Show
the king of Ardougne was evil

Also, if we hit 750K they'll open it up to free players, though whether that means even member areas will be F2P on the legacy servers or just the old school F2P experience I'm not sure. Regardless, I doubt we'll hit 750k considering voting's slowed down considerably after the first few days. 500k is doable though, my friend said we needed something like 1500 votes per hour as of this evening. Not sure if it's going at that pace or not.

Also, if you do feel like subscribing I should let you know that if you create a new account you can get your first month for only $2. Since I no longer have access to my old account that's what I did. Also, whether I resubscribe in a month is still a wait and see, I just don't want anyone subscribing and then having me quit and feeling like I abandoned them. I'd like to keep my sub going for a few months at the least but these days a monthly sub is something I have to be able to justify to myself.

Anyway, if anyone resubscribes my name on the oldschool servers is CJDee. Unfortunately both CJD and CeeJayDee were taken. If you sub add me and let me know on here and I'll add you.

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:I gave up videogames several months ago, but I've as of late started to play Civ V again. It's a good game, but it reminds me why I gave them up in the first place: too time consuming.

One can... give up.. videogames? What foul sorcery is this? :stars:

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:00 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Got my hands few days ago onto: "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance" and finished it a hour ago........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Easily.One.Of.The.Best.Games.I've.Ever.Played.

:drool: Hearing this has me pumped! I loved the shit out of the demo, so to hear such praise for the game itself... Oh man! It can't come down in price soon enough.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:09 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote::drool: Hearing this has me pumped! I loved the shit out of the demo, so to hear such praise for the game itself... Oh man! It can't come down in price soon enough.

Not gonna spoil you anything, but i can tell that the plot is awesome, and the boss fights, especially "cyborg person" and final boss fight(s) is(are) one of the best i've ever played. And the soundtracks........ :fap: (I recommend one thing: play on normal or hard difficulty level.)
If there is one bad thing i can say about the game:
-WISHED THAT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN TEN HOURS!
so yeah, waiting for price drop is a good idea.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:41 am

Made a lot of progress on GTA San Andreas. I am on Las Venturas at the moment, got the air yard as an asset recently.

Gotta say, i am going to miss San Fierro, specially Cesar Vialpando's missions and his wacky, nitro-fueled adventures.

Something rather nice of the game, by the way, is how it can keep the story and the game in a very satirical and funny way while still keeping itself "serious", so to say. The sheer extent of freedom, the world and all the things you can do is also pretty commendable.

Oh, and flying (although incredibly difficult and a bitch to pilot with the hyper-sensitive mouse) is fucking awesome :lol:
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Im disappointed with Crysis 3 it was good but too damn short and the ending wasn't so great either :sniffle:

View Original PostDream wrote:Made a lot of progress on GTA San Andreas. I am on Las Venturas at the moment, got the air yard as an asset recently.

Gotta say, i am going to miss San Fierro, specially Cesar Vialpando's missions and his wacky, nitro-fueled adventures.

Something rather nice of the game, by the way, is how it can keep the story and the game in a very satirical and funny way while still keeping itself "serious", so to say. The sheer extent of freedom, the world and all the things you can do is also pretty commendable.

Oh, and flying (although incredibly difficult and a bitch to pilot with the hyper-sensitive mouse) is fucking awesome :lol:

Is that your first time playing San Andreas? best game of 2004 in my opinion.

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:06 am

View Original Postnervshatter wrote:Im disappointed with Crysis 3 it was good but too damn short and the ending wasn't so great either :sniffle:

Well, this is the reason why i don't buy any western/FPS games anymore. Because: Often short, boring, repetitive, nothing new. Japanese games ftw. IMO.

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:27 am

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:Well, this is the reason why i don't buy any western/FPS games anymore. Because: Often short, boring, repetitive,
nothing new. Japanese games ftw. IMO.

Nah man, Slav games are best games.

Arma 2, Witcher, and Serious Sam.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 pm

@Nervshatter: Yeah, first time. Gotta admit it's among the best/funniest games i've ever played, and unlike many years ago i can now see why it's so popular. Really good times.

Also, on topic: You know, i'm not entirely sure why, but i noticed that now, i'm much more shocked/sensitive of violence in videogames.

Maybe it's that i have gotten older and thus gotten more life-experience (some regarding death, real death) which led me to grasp all the ramifications or horrors of violence that very rarely get properly portrayed in a videogame. Maybe it's that i'm not as depressed or disenchanted with life as before, or my increased empathy and awareness of other people as human beings or the world at large. I know that when i was 14 i wouldn't have felt much about sneaking on a guard and slashing his throat in close-camera, gory fashion in Black Ops. These days i noticed that i instinctively turn away, i just have difficulty watching it. Or watching when i kill vietnamese kid-soldier as they sleep, or a guy turned into mince-meat in San Andreas. Somehow, i just can't stop thinking of all the mooks i kill as human beings with life and loved ones. Oh, and while i would have probably played something like Manhunt when i was a teenager, i don't think i would be able to these days.

As a side note, Max Payne 1 and 2 were particularly good at this, i think. There were many instance of the game in which, if the mooks still didn't see you, they would be doing something or having a conversation rarely related to the main game. A guy giving relationship advice to a co-worker, another guy telling an anecdote to his friend, two mooks talking about their boss, etc. At least to me it really helped give the feeling of a developed world with all the people in there having lives of their own. Which makes it a little bitter-sweet when you have to kill them (there's no way to sneak past them or something like that).

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Also, on topic: You know, I'm not entirely sure why, but I noticed that now, I'm much more shocked/sensitive of violence in videogames.

For me, it was the Sandy Hook shooting that did it. I still can't think about playing shooter games without getting a bad taste in my mouth.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 pm

View Original PostNuclear Lunchbox wrote:For me, it was the Sandy Hook shooting that did it. I still can't think about playing shooter games without getting a bad taste in my mouth.

I hope i don't end up being blunt but: I don't see why, since as far as i know there aren't any shooters of a realistic setting which put you in a position where you're attacking civilians, and i don't tend to mentally connect firearms with school shootings and similars (probably because i don't live in the U.S.)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:I hope i don't end up being blunt but: I don't see why, since as far as i know there aren't any shooters of a realistic setting which put you in a position where you're attacking civilians, and i don't tend to mentally connect firearms with school shootings and similars (probably because i don't live in the U.S.)

I'm going to let this slide because I didn't tell anybody this earlier.

I'm a High School student.

Do not tell me what is or is not realistic.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Agentomega » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:33 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Full info here.

You are magnificent and have caused me to definitely resubscribe. Seriously hope they can raise the additional 99k votes before Friday, but I doubt it lol

EDIT: Sadly, I cannot seem to connect to the Classic servers at this point in time, so I'll just be playing on one of the member's worlds for now. We should go adventuring sometime!
Last edited by Agentomega on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”