Spoiler-Free Support / Trauma Center

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Spoiler-Free Support / Trauma Center

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:05 pm

Starting this on inspiration from Oenara's post in "How long are you going to wait for 3.0?".

The spoilered folks have had their own burgeoning subforum for over two months. Those of us going for the long haul should at least have our own thread, right? As the unofficial spokesperson for the unspoiled masses, I've taken it upon myself to get the ball rolling!

So yeah. Post your gripes/stories from your efforts in trying to stay spoiler-free. Obviously, if you're posting about spoilers that you've seen, don't mention them directly in your post. I'd suggest being as vague as possible, but if you absolutely must post them remember to tag your spoilers!

I guess I'll start us off. Whenever I finish an anime I like to look up the voice-actors to see if they've done any other characters that I know. I always end up scrolling away before my eyes can focus properly on the character's name, but I've found two VA's that are in 3.0 and not the other two Rebuilds or NGE....

Yeah, I know these aren't even really minor spoilers, but it's the most noteworthy thing that's happened to me recently. And I am very thankful for that.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BlackberryMilk » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:02 pm

I do the same thing Riffraff.

I needed a Q intervention badly yesterday, I don't know how it happened but I came across a terrible quality camrip, and I almost clicked it.

And whats more terrible? People I know that dont even WATCH the series accidentally slip spoilers in, I think everyones out to get me.

By the way, what was the anime you completed?
PSN: HTMLOL

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 pm

View Original PostBlackberryMilk wrote:By the way, what was the anime you completed?

SPOILER: Show
The two anime in question are Durarara!!, which I finished on Saturday; and Nisemonogatari, which I just finished yesterday.
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

Chiral_Spiral
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chiral_Spiral » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:23 pm

*Stands*

My name is Chiral_Spiral, and I'm addicted to not reading spoilers

Seriously though, the extent of my spoilerage is a few images from the theater art book thing, which I wouldn't really consider spoilers so much as teasers. I can maybe guess at the general direction the plat takes based on some of the images I've seen, but it's really nothing more than the back cover of a DVD would tell you.

Still holding out hope for a screening. 2.0 was shown here in March so hopefully soon.....

Jadley
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jadley » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Your efforts are futile and useless.....
Join the dark side and we shall give you lots of explicit fan-arts.
Last edited by Jadley on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's too late to pry away.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:55 pm

This is reaching ridiculous levels. A freakin support group? When will a decent camrip come out so this madness can end?
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:This is reaching ridiculous levels. A freakin support group? When will a decent camrip come out so this madness can end?

The title was meant to be humorous. :lol:

I figured it would be better to channel these kinds of posts into a dedicated thread rather than have them clogging up other threads and sending them off-topic. But I do agree with that last sentiment.
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:43 pm

It really isn't that hard to stay away. The world has far more things than anyone could possibly experience in a lifetime so restricting access to just one of them for a few months is no big deal.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

BlackberryMilk
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby BlackberryMilk » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:37 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:It really isn't that hard to stay away. The world has far more things than anyone could possibly experience in a lifetime so restricting access to just one of them for a few months is no big deal.

Says the person who probably has life :3 I pretty much don't outside of work haha. It's all meant in jest anyway.
PSN: HTMLOL

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:19 am

for movie 1 and 2 I stayed spoiler free until the dvd was released in Japan. I watched a 3.0 camrip once subtitles were out.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:08 pm

MFW That 3.0 camrip uploaded to YouTube is at the top of the suggested videos on most of the videos I watch and when there are at least three different mentions of 3.0 on my YouTube homepage. I'm glad I decided to use my Subscriptions page in place of it.
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:11 pm

Should try logging out, see if that clears it up.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:19 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Should try logging out, see if that clears it up.

Do you mean browsing YouTube without logging in? I'm not sure how well that would work, seeing as anons aren't allowed to view age-restricted videos.

Seriously, YouTube is suggesting videos based on things I watched over two months ago!

Y U DO DIS?????
SPOILER: Show
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 pm

Didn't think about that. Ah well, short of making a temp account I don't know what else you can do. Is there a clear history option or something?

Oenara
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Oenara » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks for starting this thread, riffraff11235! Let's see how many of us pure unicorns are left in the garden of innocence.

If it's fine with you and our fellow spoilerphobes, I suggest expanding the thread purpose to include warnings/advice about spoilers on other sites (or Evageeks, if needed). Perhaps some of our spoilered friends could assist us (à la here and here - no spoilers in either linked thread).

All right, here's my (ahem) trauma report: Spoiled for 2-3 major plot developments, including one for the finale, plus a bunch of miscellanea that could be anything from trivial details to huge spoilers for all I know.

As I mentioned in the other thread, this is the first time I've tried to stay unspoiled for a work of this magnitude, and let's just say I severely underestimated how discreet people (especially on Tumblr) would be. Lesson learned, but I still trip over spoilers, mostly by searching the web for Eva stuff.

View Original PostBlackberryMilk wrote:Says the person who probably has life :3 I pretty much don't outside of work haha. It's all meant in jest anyway.

you are (not) alone

View Original PostJadley wrote:Your efforts are futile and useless.....
Join the dark side and we shall give you lots of explicit fan-arts.

You had better deliver on that, sir. I expect post-3.0 Unit-01 x Shinji-kun guro tentacle doujinshi!

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:59 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Didn't think about that. Ah well, short of making a temp account I don't know what else you can do. Is there a clear history option or something?

There is, but I don't think that should matter since I literally have not searched for or watched any Eva videos in months. The recommendations should be based on your recent search history if anything, and they are most of the time. I just can't figure out why it's specifically these videos that fall through the cracks. I think if I ignore the video for a while it'll stop being offered.
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:06 pm

View Original PostBlackberryMilk wrote:Says the person who probably has life :3 I pretty much don't outside of work haha.

22 month NEET here :rei_dance:

But seriously, there's a billion other hobbies.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:08 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:But seriously, there's a billion other hobbies.

True, but most of my winter hobbies involve a computer. And when you're on the computer, you can't not have a browser open. And when you have a browser open, you can't not have an EGF tab open....

...Fuck.
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:10 am

View Original PostOenara wrote:If it's fine with you and our fellow spoilerphobes, I suggest expanding the thread purpose to include warnings/advice about spoilers on other sites (or Evageeks, if needed). Perhaps some of our spoilered friends could assist us

If we're doing this then, for it to be effective, you guys need to check this thread right away when you log on, before checking any other thread. That way if you see one of us post something like "Avoid X Thread at the moment while we wait for a mod" you will know immediately. The reason I'm specifying this is that my fear is by saying "There's spoilers here." any ambiguity to whether the post in question is spoilers will be gone, so anyone who saw that post before reading the warning will now know it's an official 3.0 spoiler.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:14 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:If we're doing this then, for it to be effective, you guys need to check this thread right away when you log on, before checking any other thread. That way if you see one of us post something like "Avoid X Thread at the moment while we wait for a mod" you will know immediately. The reason I'm specifying this is that my fear is by saying "There's spoilers here." any ambiguity to whether the post in question is spoilers will be gone, so anyone who saw that post before reading the warning will now know it's an official 3.0 spoiler.

I guess I can switch to checking the Rebuild subforum first when it's got new posts. But we'd need a couple of spoilered folks to commit to reading every post that's made in the other forums soon after they're made. Many users, such as Darkwing and Kendrix have been very thorough in tagging their posts. However, some still fall through the cracks on occasion.
Steam - rifffraff11235

Osu! - riffraff11235

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”