Does anyone else think Final isnt really the Final

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
DeadClones
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DeadClones » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:47 am

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:OBVIOUSLY Anno will next do Rebuild of GunBuster. :P

I would watch that. Yes. Yes, I would.
I used to really enjoy swimming pools... until I saw the pool of Rei clones get disintegrated.

Can I get that feature in my pool?

Amitch1991
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Amitch1991 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:02 am

I don't think Anno will do anything with Evangelion after Final to be honest, i don't see where else he can go with it, i mean, we have a 25 episode series, Death and Rebirth, End of Evangelion and we will have 4 rebuild movies once Final is released.

There really is no need to do anything else with it after Final
The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth

Xbox Live Gamertag : Th3at3rofDr3ams

Facebook : www.facebook.com/BigDogAdz

Twitter : @RealAACentral

Viking
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Viking » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Final released as two separate movies? Yeah! Maybe the first part could be a recap of the first three movies with 20 or 30 new frames ( 1 second total ) explaining what happened during the timeskip.

:D Just kidding! ... I hope :|

BTW, I don't think we'll see something EVA-related from Anno during the following 10 years after Final.
Lots of spinoff for sure, maybe a re-release of NGE in BD, but I can't think of anything else about EVA.

Bye
俺は素人でもない。スペシャリストだ![ フルメタル

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Redtophat » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Rebuild of Gunbuster would be awesome, but I'd like Anno to create a new thing entirely. Making the God Warrior stuff into an animated series would be sweet, especially with mechs added in.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:47 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:I don't know, does Anno really want to be doing Evangelion for the rest of his life?

Now here's the thing. Evangelion is a cash cow franchise. Even if Final is the last thing Anno does with it, will it be the end of evangelion? I'm not sure who actually owns the rights to the property. Yeah Khara are the ones making Rebuild, but do they actually own the rights, or is it bieng lent bout by Gainex? After all Legendary pictures made the Nolan Batman movies, but Time Warner is the company that owns the charecter, so even if Legendary never touches it again there will be more Batman movies. Eva is at this point a cash cow franchise. So Final might not be the end of eva even if Anno never touches it again.

I just wonder, if there's a Rebuild of Rebuild, will Asuka's surname change again? :lol:

moonwolf2024
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby moonwolf2024 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:52 pm

She'll be Asuka Shikinami Soryu (that's awful) :nono:

And no...once Final is over..i doubt we'll see any new Eva. I think he'll leave the manifestation of his depression behind and focus on new material.
Maybe if you shut up and stop over analyzing everything you just might get it........

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:05 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:Anno is going to be done with Evangelion after Final.

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:^ Absolutely

Why am I not so convinced about it?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

unit01
Embryo

final

•      
  •      

Postby unit01 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:41 pm

has anyone else heard if evangelion final is suppose to be coming out this year ?

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:42 pm

Nah, 2015 for sure.

unit01
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby unit01 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:53 pm

just that there's a lot of buzz over here with people saying it will be out this year ?

http://evangelion-final444.seesaa.net/article/243958104.html

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:37 pm

When they announced the name of 3.0 and the 2012 release they also announced that 4.0 would be coming out in 2013 if I recall correctly. That was on January 1st 2012, though, and needless to say Khara isn't very good at keeping deadlines. After 3.0 aired they also removed the "2013" from the Final splash page on their website or something, so basically the assumption is 4.0 probably won't be out this year. Combine this with the fact that we waited a few years between each release of the series so far, and that there's 2 years till 2015, and 2015 is such an important year for the Eva franchise, and I think 2015 is a good bet, too. Personally I hope it's 2015.

Grub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Grub » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:18 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:When they announced the name of 3.0 and the 2012 release they also announced that 4.0 would be coming out in 2013 if I recall correctly. That was on January 1st 2012, though, and needless to say Khara isn't very good at keeping deadlines. After 3.0 aired they also removed the "2013" from the Final splash page on their website or something, so basically the assumption is 4.0 probably won't be out this year. Combine this with the fact that we waited a few years between each release of the series so far, and that there's 2 years till 2015, and 2015 is such an important year for the Eva franchise, and I think 2015 is a good bet, too. Personally I hope it's 2015.

You heard it here, folks! 4.0 release date: October 4th, 2015!
"The closer you resemble a samurai, the higher your chances for survival." -Carl Sagan (What the!?)

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Wow, I just realized that's a lot closer than I thought.

Shouldn't it be September 13th, though? ;)

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:28 pm

2I date is my birthday, yo!

:tongue:

Kaworu's birthday as well...

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:57 am

If Anno is truly finished with Evangelion after the Rebuild movies, I'm not going to be all that happy about it. Then again, we waited for 11 years from the time EoE came out to when we heard about the first of the Rebuild movies. That was long enough of a time for us (and Anno) to recover, and it gave him time to work on other things before he made his triumphant return to the Evaverse. Maybe he'll just give us another long, healthy break.

Reborn Upright
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Reborn Upright » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:45 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Why am I not so convinced about it?

Personally, I'm not either. It's true that Anno has a great many other things that I'm sure he really wants to work on. But I don't really think that Anno sees Evangelion as a burden so much anymore. I've read at least one quote of him calling it "his life's work" and expressing some pretty genuine-sounding love for it.

Even still, it's an endless fountain of cash for Khara/ GAINAX.
Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:33 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Go back to making artsy live action films, work on producing films like "Kantoku Shikkaku", do special effects for Ghibli, you know, all the stuff he's been doing other than Eva.

Agreed. I think Anno or Khara should collaborate with Studio Ghibli to make a sequel to Nausicaa Valley of the Wind. They'll need to twist Miyazaki's arm for that of course! Or maybe they could do a remake of Gunbuster?

Reborn Upright
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Reborn Upright » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:27 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Agreed. I think Anno or Khara should collaborate with Studio Ghibli to make a sequel to Nausicaa Valley of the Wind. They'll need to twist Miyazaki's arm for that of course! Or maybe they could do a remake of Gunbuster?

Or maybe something original.

But in all honesty I would love to see a truer-to-manga adaptation of Nausicaa.
Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 am

A Khara/Ghibli anime collaboration would be fucking glorious.

Miyazaki would probably be up for the idea, considering Anno was something of a kohai to him and they seem to get along rather well.

This is of course with the hope that Miyazaki doesn't die before that can happen.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:30 am

If Anno must toil in the past, I say he finishes Satoshi Kon's Dreaming Machine:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dream_Machine_%28film%29

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”