Seeing Evangelion: Q/3.0 in Japan

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
arkiel
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby arkiel » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:01 pm

Well, if I were able to go, it'd be on account of my parents being able to pay for it, and me suddenly not being in law school.
Last edited by arkiel on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:44 am

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Cool, you must be excited. :w00:

Yeah man, stoked!

I'm working LOADS at the moment to make some decent funds in time. I'm super exhausted but it will be worth it. Just looking forward to the trip in general, haha. Q is definitely the icing on the cake here though.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:17 am

It's great that you get to go to Japan at your age, I have a decade on you and I still haven't gone yet. :sweatdrop:

Don't forget to make a trip report when you get back.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

soundwaveCA
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby soundwaveCA » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:00 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Tips, anyone? I'm looking at those who've done this for Jō/1.0 and Ha/2.0, haha.

Not really, as long as you can navigate the ticket machine at the theatre you should be good. When I saw 2.0 Evangelion was in English so it's pretty easy to find.

One thing I'm really hoping is that the OST is available around the same time as when I saw 2.0 I immediately ran out and bought the soundtrack the next day lol.

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:59 am

I'd be on the lookout for the stuff you can only get in theaters, but who am I to talk about that not having been to Japan yet. :crybaby:

I was thinking of watching the World Cup in Brazil or the Women's in Canada in 2015 but was rethinking to maybe watching 4.0 in Japan instead. I have perhaps the unfounded fear that the Evastore in Harajuku will close when Rebuild ends.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:54 pm

View Original PostRj123541 wrote:I never said she was rich. In fact I wouldn't say we are rich at all, she just does a business called world ventures that has cheap vacations and such. So that doesn't make us rich at all. Just preservative with money and such.

EDIT: And I hope in the future you don't try to classify me as a spoiled kid who get everything he wants because truly you would be incorrect.

Glad someone else understands that.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:07 am

View Original PostsoundwaveCA wrote:One thing I'm really hoping is that the OST is available around the same time as when I saw 2.0 I immediately ran out and bought the soundtrack the next day lol.

Haha. I was just thinking about this today. I'm trying to get my hands on an S2 Works box set at the moment (See relevant 'Everything Else' thread) and I'll grab the available NTE soundtracks when I'm over there.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:08 pm

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:Glad someone else understands that.
It really is starting to bother me that because I am 15 everyone feels the need to badger me on this Forum. I think dream is one of the few people who doesn't feel they have to get their fix on bothering me.
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:24 pm

View Original PostsoundwaveCA wrote:One thing I'm really hoping is that the OST is available around the same time as when I saw 2.0 I immediately ran out and bought the soundtrack the next day lol.

I think I'm looking forward to the score as much as the film itself. Which old themes are coming back!? What will the next "Angel of Doom"/"Final Decision"!? OMG!

I hope there's a deluxe package, as with 2.0. That one had extended versions of themes that could have never fit in the film, but were quite nice on their own.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:44 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I hope there's a deluxe package, as with 2.0. That one had extended versions of themes that could have never fit in the film, but were quite nice on their own.

1.0 did have a similar release, but it was 2 separate CDs instead of a deluxe deal like 2.0 had.

I am pretty curious with what the next Angel of Doom/Final Decision will be. BUT if trailer patterns are to be believed, it should be that piano BGM from the trailer. (The name escapes me.) Both 1.0 and 2.0 had their "major moment" BGMs in one of the 3 trailers.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:48 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:(The name escapes me.)

Quatre Mains, Four Hands in French.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:26 pm

I have this crazy idea that the piano music actually is the next Angel of Doom/Final Decision, just re-arranged for piano instead of chorus/drums/electric guitars. But we're getting off topic...

cloudxsolder
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cloudxsolder » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:31 pm

So I'm going snowbaording in Japan arriving on the 4th of Jan.
Does anyone know if the movie will still be playing by this time?? I'm not sure how long movies normally get screened for in Japan. Any thoughts would be great.

At the very least, there is an Evangelion exhibition on in Sapporo while we are there! maybe they will have showings there if it's finised at the movies?

Cheers

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:27 pm

View Original Postcloudxsolder wrote:So I'm going snowbaording in Japan arriving on the 4th of Jan.
Does anyone know if the movie will still be playing by this time?? I'm not sure how long movies normally get screened for in Japan. Any thoughts would be great.

At the very least, there is an Evangelion exhibition on in Sapporo while we are there! maybe they will have showings there if it's finised at the movies?

2.0 was still in theatres in Japan in September and it premiered in June. Seeing as how this movie was even more gangbusters, it's probably safe that it'll still be in theatres on January 4th.

Adam
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Adam » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:52 pm

View Original Postcloudxsolder wrote:So I'm going snowbaording in Japan arriving on the 4th of Jan.

Cheers

I went to Japan on August 1st 2009, and 2.0 was still playing for a couple of weeks (I think it started June 27th). Can't guarantee how long though. I think from about now it's up to each movie theater, how long Q will play, as the guaranteed period should be over.

Anyhow, if you can speak Japanese, check this site for info:
http://movie.walkerplus.com/mv49538/schedule/
And for Sapporo:
http://movie.walkerplus.com/mv49538/schedule/P_sapporo/
They will update the times from next Sat on when it's getting closer to that day, so you can never be sure much in advance. If it's the last week/day, it's being mentioned somewhere under the movie theaters title or so on this page.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”