[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:18 am

Thanks a lot for answering my questions, spiderman is cool (just spiderman is fine?).
I guess that the game Shinji was playing should be Shogi, Xard translated a summary which mentioned what looks like that scene.
View Original Postspiderman is cool wrote:And yes it does play Ode to Joy (or at least something very close to it, lots going on during that part) so it was pretty reminiscent of the scene in the TV show in that respect.

Cool, I hope that it's really the Ode to Joy, it's one of the few things I wanted to be carried over from the old series.
View Original Postspiderman is cool wrote:As far as Rei goes, I'm definitely confused on this one. Once I get to see a translation I'm sure I'll have a better idea on what was going on with Rei. She was wearing a black plug suit in most of the movie

Apparently she's a soulless clone, even Lili said that it was mentioned by Kaworu (I didn't believe it until she confirmed it). That plugsuit is really sexy imo, I wonder how I'll react when I'll see her in the movie though...

View Original PostStratoSakuya...AF wrote:Exactly my thoughts. Count me in your anti-Misato ranks!

I say, let's form a 3rd faction against both Misato and Gendo! Someone suggest me a cool name like AEUG, please.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

spiderman is cool
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spiderman is cool » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:25 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Thanks a lot for answering my questions, spiderman is cool (just spiderman is fine?).[/size]

Works for me!

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:25 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Apparently she's a soulless clone, even Lili said that it was mentioned by Kaworu (I didn't believe it until she confirmed it).

Umm, I am not sure WHY he says "the place of the soul is different" with Rei. He does say something before that, IIRC, but it went over my head... I will try to pay more attention next time.

It seems fairly certain however that this Rei (at least, this body?) is not the same Rei that Shinji tried to save. At least, Shinji at first believes she is the real deal and tries to reconnect with her, leaving books outside her dwelling and so on, but eventually he realizes she must be one of the "Ayanami Series" mentioned by Fuyutsuki and seems to start resenting her. Other characters also treat her like some sort of spare... I think Mari at some point while talking to her refers to, "Your original..." and Rei is like, "My original? The other me?"

Oh, IIRC, at some point she is soaking in her tank and she seems to have a vision of SchoolGirl!Rei.

Personally, at first she kinda annoyed me, but then I really started to feel for her... poor kid... :(
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:31 am

So we got another Question. Where the hell is Rei's soul?
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:36 am

Have they eased up on technobabble during Eva/Angel fights (running commentary by Ritsuko)?
Last edited by IDontWantNoScrub on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:36 am

View Original PostLiLi wrote:At least, Shinji at first believes she is the real deal and tries to reconnect with her, leaving books outside her dwelling and so on, but eventually he realizes she must be one of the "Ayanami Series" mentioned by Fuyutsuki and seems to start resenting her.

Oh no, this is bad, you shouldn't discriminate between Ayanamis... I'll start resenting Shinji at this pace.
BTW, some screenshots from the pamphlet seemed to show that he tried to be nice with Rei initially.
View Original PostLiLi wrote:Oh, IIRC, at some point she is soaking in her tank and she seems to have a vision of SchoolGirl!Rei.

The one from episode 25 TV who appeared in the old trailer? Interesting *sequel theory won't ever die*.

Anyway thanks for these additional insights about Rei.

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:So we got another Question. Where the hell is Rei's soul?

Maybe she's still inside Eva-01 or whatever Eva-01 later became.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 am

Welcome back, Lili!

View Original PostLiLi wrote: Other characters also treat her like some sort of spare... I think Mari at some point while talking to her refers to, "Your original..." and Rei is like, "My original? The other me?"

Oh, IIRC, at some point she is soaking in her tank and she seems to have a vision of SchoolGirl!Rei.

Schoolgirl Rei was the bookend Rei in EoE and the original series, after all. Maybe Anno didn't decide to chuck this part of the old continuity. The real question is whether Rei == Lilith this time around, and I don't know whether that's been explained in any sense.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby BiQ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:42 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Maybe she's still inside Eva-01 or whatever Eva-01 later became.

Or maybe she has become one with Ikari-kun in a very literal sense by fusing with his soul, so she now is for all intents and purposes a figment of Shinji's imagination.

No, not really serious.
The art of being grown up, the dirty little secret nobody lets on about, is that it's all about getting comfortable with acting the part, and reaching that point where you stop giving a fuck, and do stuff that needs to be done, because it just needs doing, and ain't nobody else going to do it for you. -Mr. Tines

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:55 am

More than likely she's just dead. It sounds like Anno has trolled the Rei shippers and the Misato shippers. Something horrible will happen to Asuka in the next movie.

I'm prepared. But they held hands and you can't take that away from me even if he was in a semi comatose daze and not really into it squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Also those new plugsuits are adorable! All the toys! The toys! I feel like a kid again, except I'm comfortable with my toys having boobs now.

Oh, wait, I erm, yes. Symbolically, this means that Shinji is... oh fuck it.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 am

View Original PostLiLi wrote:We can meet again".

Damnit Shinchan, why must your boy be such a tease?

View Original Postsymbv wrote:So the 28 year old in teenage body Asuka is real (I mean the pic you can see in Yaraon) ?

I wish I could have seen the look on your face when you found out she didn't die. I imagine it was even more joyous than mine.

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Some more photos which probably haven't been already posted, Mari and Kaworu:
SPOILER: Show

That second Asuka shot.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

@symbv: Because I don't think anyone pointed you to it yet, the seemingly official spoilers are located here. Later posts expand upon them and clear up a little bit but those get the general gist of it. Start with Reichu's post and then go down two and read Xards. One of the additional things mentioned is that there's a 14 year time skip and the reason Asuka and Mari haven't aged is due to LCL exposure having an anti aging effect.

Also someone else said they hold hands, but that could be a reference to her dragging him along.

BUT THEY MIGHT HOLD HANDS!!!!!
Last edited by CJD on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:02 am, edited 3 times in total.

Gezora
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gezora » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:59 am

View Original Postspiderman is cool wrote:As far as Rei goes, I'm definitely confused on this one. Once I get to see a translation I'm sure I'll have a better idea on what was going on with Rei. She was wearing a black plug suit in most of the movie. What's wierd is in the book that I have (everyone keeps posting pictures of it on here) Rei Ayanami is listed as "tentative name: Rei Ayanami" not sure what that's about. Also, there is a scene with Shinji playing Shogi with Fuyutsuki and you can see Yui, as well as about a million Rei body parts similair to the scene in the TV show. So I'm not exactly sure who the Rei is in this movie, but I'm going to assume it's the one that Shinji rescued at the end of 2.0.

Sorry if that's not really clear, I am learning Japanese right now and much of this movie went over my head. But I did thoroughly enjoy it. It's something fresh and different.

My Japanese isn't that great either, but Shinji and Rei's interactions lead me to believe that it is not in fact the same Ayanami he rescued at the end of 2.0.

I suppose it could somehow be a case of amnesia, but at least in the earlier version, when Ayanami didn't remember something it was because she was a newly cloned iteration.

What I'm referring to is the whole thing with the books. Shinji says something like, "Oh, this your room now? But you were always reading books. Where are your books?" And she's like, " Ayanami was always reading books?"
There's also another exchange of dialogue where she doesn't understand the concept of liking something.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:05 am

Haven't gone through this thread yet, but it looks like most of this stuff everyone already knows.

Firstly, like NONE of the stuff from the preview at the end of 2.0 is in this movie. Secondly, there's some bizarre stuff, like the floating battle ship and all the red stuff shaped like Evangelions and everything seems like an Angel (not literally but there's pattern blues everywhere it seems), but mostly this magical floating battleship that seems to have come out of nowhere.

We start off with the space battle, but it's not so much a battle as it is Asuka recovering this black cross with a Nerv logo on it, I assume that Shinji's inside this thing. At some point there's an angel and a fight ensues. Mari and Asuka are both fighting, Mari in the pink one, and at some point, because she has no thrusters, her Eva falls back to earth. She's got a gun that looks like a 50cal.

Upon returning, Shinji wakes up and realizes he's the most hated person on Earth. Everyone hates him, except maybe Toji's sister (who is the brown haired girl from the new trailers). Misato hates him, Ritsuko's got short hair, the other new characters are the new bridge crew, the bridge of this wacko floating battleship, and they all work for (IIRC) Wille? Not Nerv. Shinji's an idiot and doesn't understand why everyone hates him. He's relieved to see Asuka again but she hates him too. They're all out at sea, and it looks like there might have been another angel attack. Eventually, Rei shows up in Eva-00 (or was it 09?), busts Shinji out of jail (he's wearing some sort of collar that can explode), Misato wants to use the collar but can't.

They all go back to Nerv, which is all kinds of fucked up. There they find Kaworu who plays the piano a lot. Gendo is now sporting a visor kind of like Keel. Shinji realizes that Rei isn't the same as before, he's also really mopey and befriends Kaworu, who somehow teaches Shinji how to play the piano instantly. Kaworu also fixes Shinji's SDAT, also, he takes the collar off and puts it on himself. Shinji eventually hangs out with Fuyu who tells Shinji all about what happened to Yui (she's got wings during the contact experiment) and what happened when he tried to save Rei, pretty much why everyone hates him. So there's also Eva-13, which kind of looks like Eva-01, it's in some sort of containment because it seems Misato's people can detect activated Evas.

When Eva-13 is activated, Kaworu and Shinji both pilot it from separate entry plugs, but they can see each other, as if they're sitting next to each other. This instantly sounds the Misato alarm and they send Asuka and Mari to deal with it. They descend through central dogma (some weird CGI during this part, not sure what was going on with all the blocks and the floor) until they eventually reach Lilith, who looks in bad shape. There's what looks like Eva-sized skulls everywhere. There are also 2 spears (one is Longinus and the other is, forgot the name, was mentioned in this subforum), one is stuck through Mark-VI and the other looks like it's just sticking in Lilith. Shinji is told that if they get the spears they'll be able to undo all the crap that Shinji did via 3rd Impact. Kaworu's suddenly not so sure, I think he says the spears are in the wrong place or that someone's messed with them, he's sitting around wondering what was up while Shinji fights Asuka, Rei is down there also with her Eva and is in the battle. Asuka runs out of power, so Shinji gets the two Spears, and what do you know, 4th Impact starts. But Misato and the floating battle ship shows up and tries to stop it, the battleship's guns can pierce AT-Fields. Rei's Eva turns out to be Seele controlled and starts attacking the battleship, hacking into its systems, it seems it's also an Angel. Asuka activates some sort of "beast mode" and takes it out, Rei's entry plug is ejected. At some point, the collar explodes and Kaworu is turned into hamburger meat, Shinji's pretty upset about it and at this point, he's just a dead heap. His entry plug is ejected, Asuka has to self destruct so she ejects. The battleship is saved and 4th Impact is averted, though it looks like Earth is pretty bad off. The movie ends with Asuka pulling Shinji out of his plug, he's completely unresponsive, and they and Rei walk off.

Probably missed a lot of the details, but I'm sure all the other synopsis from the thread can fill those in. Not sure how I feel about this one, I definitely enjoyed it but there's a lot of questions/loose ends. I'll have to wait for a full translation of the dialogue before putting together any critical thoughts. Some of the stuff that kind of bugged me was the battleship, which seemed to have come out of nowhere, and Shinji being pretty much an idiot throughout the entire movie.

The next time preview has an Eva that looks like the pink Eva and Eva-02 stiched together fighting a bunch of other Evas that all look alike, probably an Eva series? They don't look like harpiess though.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:09 am

Did some edits to first post to clear some false alerts in those early 2ch posts on early pages. Too bad they managed to give symbv a serious scare because I slept too long and didn't get to it sooner (then again I went to sleep at like 8 in the morning so I had the right to sleep long :P)

On the other hand the joy of knowing Asuka didn't die after all was kinda worthwhile experience on its own

View Original PostOrnette wrote:he takes the collar off and puts it on himself

I'm starting to hate the 2ch spoiler guy with his retarded grammar even more now.
Last edited by Xard on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gezora
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gezora » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:13 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:
Firstly, like NONE of the stuff from the preview at the end of 2.0 is in this movie. Secondly, there's some bizarre stuff, like the floating battle ship and all the red stuff shaped like Evangelions and everything seems like an Angel (not literally but there's pattern blues everywhere it seems), but mostly this magical floating battleship that seems to have come out of nowhere.

Really? Can you tell us what you specifically thought was missing? I don't know if it was from the jikai preview or one of the theatrical trailers, but I swore there was scene with multiple Rei clones actually walking around...

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:14 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:The next time preview has an Eva that looks like the pink Eva and Eva-02 stiched together fighting a bunch of other Evas that all look alike, probably an Eva series? They don't look like harpiess though.

Annnnnnnnnd if history has taught us anything completely irrelevant. Gotta wonder why Anno even bothers including them at this point. I guess it's just to keep people sated?
Last edited by CJD on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:15 am

View Original PostGezora wrote:Really? Can you tell us what you specifically thought was missing? I don't know if it was from the jikai preview or one of the theatrical trailers, but I swore there was scene with multiple Rei clones actually walking around...

Ornette is referring to "jikai yokoku" from end of 2.0

spiderman is cool
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby spiderman is cool » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:15 am

Anybody post this yet? Cleared up just about everything for me.

http://pastebin.com/Fi99Ft3s

Gezora
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gezora » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:20 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Ornette is referring to "jikai yokoku" from end of 2.0

I see, and yeah. damn. Just went back and watched it. Like, I don't think a single bit of footage is actually from Q. Perhaps that's why this took so long? Or they are just making a preview out of their rough draft ideas. It would be nice if there was just somehow magically, say an entire hour that fills in the gap between when Kaworu skewers Unit-01 and the beginning of Q. But I doubt that would ever happen.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:21 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Damnit Shinchan, why must your boy be such a tease?

Because it would be boring otherwise. :devil:
View Original PostCJD wrote:That second Asuka shot.

Effectively now that you made me notice it some of those Asuka shots were cut in the previous pic, I didn't mention her because I thought that we already saw her pics.
View Original PostOrnette wrote:Upon returning, Shinji wakes up and realizes he's the most hated person on Earth

Oh boy, so it's THAT bad.
View Original PostOrnette wrote:Misato hates him

Obviously...
He's relieved to see Asuka again but she hates him too.

Oh crap, it didn't look like that from the preview...
View Original PostOrnette wrote: (she's got wings during the contact experiment)

Real wings? Aren't those of that Diving Suit or whatever she used in the series?
View Original PostOrnette wrote:There are also 2 spears (one is Longinus and the other is, forgot the name, was mentioned in this subforum), one is stuck through Mark-VI and the other looks like it's just sticking in Lilith.

Interesting so this is what happened to Mark. 06, it's kind of a grim ending for an Eva that received such a grandiose introduction.

Thanks a lot for this summary, Ornette. My only real question is about those wings for now.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 am

When they say "imprisoned in a tesseract" they mean that metal cross-shaped thing. A fourth dimensional hypercube rendered in three dimensions would have that shape.

It may be a reference to Heinlein's And He Built a Crooked House where a scientist builds a structure in that same shape and it collapses into a true hypercube, full of doors that lead to different dimensions.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”