[SPOILERS AS FUCK] 2ch Q synopsis prep. for anal devastation

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Eva 02-Gamma

SPOILER: Show

Eva 08-Beta

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm

I hope it appears in the movie. But maybe they replaced it with unit 13? If that's the case the development of these movies is really chaotic.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Do we have more scans of the other Eva's aside from 13 and that airship abomination?

Edit: aside from Unit 2 and 8
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:52 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:I'm taking bets we'll never get to know what the deal with moon coffins in 1.0 was

you won't find me taking that bet. as for chalk outlines on hillsides I think I'm just going to start laughing right now

but hey the star of the show has finally arrived
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:And Gurren Lagann did 7 years.

Bitch please! Korra jumped 50 years, Nanoha had a 10 year skip.

And Avatar had a 100 year time-skip before episode 1 even started...
Last edited by StratoSakuya...AF on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:53 pm

Surprised by the lack of Rei, when you consider how important they had her be in the first two. Hope they didn't go and shoot the shaggy dog with her rescue in 2.0. Least it sounds like they didn't with Asuka.

You know Anno trolls someone if he does a downer ending, or if he does a happy ending. But honestly just seeing what new way he can hurt Shinji is getting kinda old.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:56 pm

2001 Shinji gazes at himself as an old man...
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:57 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:Do we know if unit 06 has any significant role in the movie? In the trailers we saw it heading for central dogma, is it still the case in the movie?

If what people translated is true, then no, they changed it to the bizarre unit 13 going down instead with Shinji/kaworu piloting it....

I am really mad that they kill off Kaworu without giving him enough screen time again (assuming the translations are true), why did they hype him for 2 movies and the whole "Mark 6 is amazing" part was useless as it seems that it wont even be in this film...ugh why Anno why?

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:59 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:If what people translated is true, then no, they changed it to the bizarre unit 13 going down instead with Shinji/kaworu piloting it....

I am really mad that they kill off Kaworu without giving him enough screen time again (assuming the translations are true), why did they hype him for 2 movies and the whole "Mark 6 is amazing" part was useless as it seems that it wont even be in this film...ugh why Anno why?

That's one of the few things I didn't like, and the time-skip is too huge. A month long time-skip would've been better.
SO THERE I WAS BEING KUBO, WHEN THE EDITORS CAME IN AND WERE LIKE "YOU NEED TO DO MORE THAN PANELS OF WHITE PILLARS AND BLACKGROUNDS!" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" SO THEY WERE LIKE "WELL HOW ABOUT SOMEBODY DYING?" AND I WAS LIKE "FUCK YOU, I'M KUBO!" AND I MADE LOTS AND LOTS OF MONEY. I LOVE MY LIFE.

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:00 pm

Asuka survival confirmed.

I must say I'm pleased. Most pleased.
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:01 pm

You don't establish Magnificent Nadia Space Fleet Led By Captain Yarr Katsuragi in a month

View Original PostStan wrote:If what people translated is true, then no, they changed it to the bizarre unit 13 going down instead with Shinji/kaworu piloting it....

He plays a major role in a feature. That's already huge boost in screentime on something that is max. 10 minutes in original show.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:04 pm

^^^last scene :kensuke_drool: all is forgiven Anno. well no it isn't because the first two movies continue to be pretty bad and for all i know this one will be too, but goddamn, get hype

Also Misato doesn't have an eyepatch as far as I can tell, that's a strand of hair. you can see a similar effect on her character page. although in the page facing SPESS BATTLESHIP page she does appear to be wearing uhh...half a pair of sunglasses

aaaand we finally have chara page for the bridge broad in Xard's av

Last edited by Azathoth on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Stan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:04 pm

Why didn't you just kill me?

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:06 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:And Gurren Lagann did 7 years.

Good point- I was just about to say how much this new story seems like TTGL. Taking the EVAs to space? Large time skips? We might as well start calling Shinji Simon. But I have no problem with this twist- it makes it more interesting. Also the fact that no one on the speculation thread, as far as I'm aware, came up with 'Massive Time Skip In Space'.
Don't forget that there is still a butload of stuff from the preview trailers that hasn't been explained as of yet:
-Gendo and Kozoman mountaineering
-The fate of Kaji
-Poofy-haired new female character
-Meeting of the 'Children with pre-determined fates' (note still being refered to as children)
-Giant 'Adams' and 'Coffins'

And 2.XX:
-The key of Nebuchadnezzar (hope I got that right)
-The fate of minor characters (Kensuke, Toji, Hikari etc)

If the film takes place in the future, maybe it will do an episode 21' and have flashbacks to what happened what is now 'Post NME 3rd Impact madness'.

On a side note, weren't there Evageeks members planning to be in Japan for the screenings? If there were, hopefully they can shed the light on some of this madness.

EDIT: Just seen Azatoth's pics- that guy still looks like Spike.
Last edited by TomasJC on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:06 pm

View Original PostBrainman wrote:Asuka survival confirmed.

http://i.imgur.com/0cBvI.jpg

Nice. Though I really have to wonder how, with all the biotechnology in Evangelion's vision of the future, Asuka still somehow only has one eye after over a decade of military service...

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Last edited by Seele00TextOnly on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:07 pm

AWWWW YEAHHH

....I guess this is what they mean when they call EGF disgusting slime pit of rabid Asukafags

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:^^^last scene :kensuke_drool: all is forgiven Anno. well no it isn't because the first two movies continue to be pretty bad and for all i know this one will be too, but goddamn, get hype

oh you. Not opening 2.0 debate because with that I can see where the hate is coming from but what was wrong with 1.0 in major way? It was really good SF mecha film as far as I can tell. It didn't even suffer from pacing or characterization issues thanks to how amazingly good Eva's first 1-6 ep arc is.

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Also Misato doesn't have an eyepatch as far as I can tell, that's a strand of hair. you can see a similar effect on her character page

sorry, I forget the mental associations using YARR brings in people's mind. Didn't mean to imply that

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:aaaand we finally have chara page for the bridge broad in Xard's av

She could use better pants-things but she's nevertheless hotness incarnate. Superb.
Last edited by Xard on Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dhazard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dhazard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:07 pm

And Ayanami is also there :3
Okaeri, Ikari Shinji-kun, mateita

Kuronekodou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kuronekodou » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 pm

DAT Misato.

StratoSakuya...AF
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby StratoSakuya...AF » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 pm

View Original PostTomasJC wrote:Good point- I was just about to say how much this new story seems like TTGL. Taking the EVAs to space? Large time skips? We might as well start calling Shinji Simon. But I have no problem with this twist- it makes it more interesting. Also the fact that no one on the speculation thread, as far as I'm aware, came up with 'Massive Time Skip In Space'.
Don't forget that there is still a butload of stuff from the preview trailers that hasn't been explained as of yet:
-Gendo and Kozoman mountaineering
-The fate of Kaji
-Poofy-haired new female character
-Meeting of the 'Children with pre-determined fates' (note still being refered to as children)
-Giant 'Adams' and 'Coffins'

And 2.XX:
-The key of Nebuchadnezzar (hope I got that right)
-The fate of minor characters (Kensuke, Toji, Hikari etc)

If the film takes place in the future, maybe it will do an episode 21' and have flashbacks to what happened what is now 'Post NME 3rd Impact madness'.

On a side note, weren't there Evageeks members planning to be in Japan for the screenings? If there were, hopefully they can shed the light on some of this madness.

Ornette is, and I, for one, was, until I extended my European itinerary, I'l be there for November 20. By then, I'll be reading the synopsis put here.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”