NTV Road Show 6 minutes 38 seconds premiere on 16 November

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:29 am

Is it too delusional to expect subs for this?

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:30 am

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Is it too delusional to expect subs for this?

For the 6 minutes? No not at all. It'll probably be subbed within a few hours if that.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:31 am

1) I don't moan
2) Unit 01 being isolated and then retrieved in space makes sense.

I have no idea what really happens, but maybe they sent it in space in order to retrieve the lance and make sure earth wouldn't be destroyed in the process, or something like that? And once they see nothing happens, they retrieve the eva.

But maybe it's something else. Damn if only there was an international release. It's terrible to have everything spoiled before we can finally watch it like 1 years later in good conditions...

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 am

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I have no idea what really happens, but maybe they sent it in space in order to retrieve the lance and make sure earth wouldn't be destroyed in the process, or something like that? And once they see nothing happens, they retrieve the eva.

What lance are you talking about? One's stuck in Lilith, one was in Mark 06's hands (and then Eva-01's back).
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:33 am

View Original PostJinroh wrote: It's terrible to have everything spoiled before we can finally watch it like 1 years later in good conditions...

If you don't want to be spoiled avoid this sub forum.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 am

At some point is
SPOILER: Show
Asuka's eye under the eyepatch glowing?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:36 am

3.0 confirmed for Anno's commentary on homosexual relationships

Asuka x Mari

Shinji x Kaworu

also confirmed for godawful nonsensical angel design/wtf was happening in that battle

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:37 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Asuka's eye under the eyepatch glowing?[/spoiler]

I'm pretty sure that's from the bubbles in the LCL.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Hatsumi92
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Hatsumi92 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:37 am

View Original PostJayfive wrote:At some point is
SPOILER: Show
Asuka's eye under the eyepatch glowing?

No, parts of her were glowing because Unit 02 was getting hit by something centred on the face (around the eye area specifically) then the arm, then the shoulder.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 am

Asuka's line "to Shinji" is, I believe, 「何とかしなさいよ、バカシンジ」. Not quite sure how to translate that.

At the end, Kaworu says, 「お帰りなさい、碇シンジ君。待っていたよ」 ("Welcome home, Shinji Ikari. I've been waiting [for you]"). This perhaps corroborates the guess that Eva-01 has been in space for a while?

I'm hoping that they do a flash-backward after the opening scene, so we can see some of the events that we missed out on, but I guess I won't hold my breath.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:38 am

Yeah, thats what I was thinking, just getting a second opinion :)

Thinking it might give weight to the Asuka as part-angel or part-eva theory.

Meanwhile thank you to the sender of the PM allowing me to point and laugh at all the silly sods on a certain board pushing sequel theory. Its over guys, Word Of God says no.
Last edited by Jayfive on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:39 am

Xard wrote:3.0 confirmed for Anno's commentary on homosexual relationships

Asuka x Mari

Shinji x Kaworu

Rei and an angel?

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:42 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Asuka's line "to Shinji" is, I believe, 「何とかしなさいよ、バカシンジ」. Not quite sure how to translate that.

"Nantoka shi nasai yo" isn't something around the lines of "do something"?
View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Rei and an angel?

Again?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Chiral_Spiral
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chiral_Spiral » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:42 am

You know, after 2.0 I kept saying "how the hell are they going to top this?" I think they just did. That was one of the most kinetic, visually inventive fight scenes I've seen since.... well, ever.

That said, I did find elements of it somewhat visually confusing- for example, I'm really not sure what's going on after Asuka lands on the tesseract and the angel..... fires a laser at her? There's a big cross shaped light burst and she starts screaming. This will probably be clearer with subtitles, so I'll reserve judgement.

(speaking of which, is it an angel they're fighting? It looked awfully mechanical, which makes me think it could actually be some sort of defense mechanism for the tesseract (you can hear Asuka talk about "anti AT field" at one point when the screaming missile thing flies at her), but on the other hand the disc thing explodes into blood like the other angels. Unless someone is Evangelion-izing angels by attaching armour to them, which is a wicked cool idea so I hope that's actually what's happening).

Edit: after watching it again, it looks like the angel is using its mirror tentacles to focus sunlight on Unit-02. Which again is wicked cool.
Last edited by Chiral_Spiral on Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 am

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Rei and an angel?

Rei x Rei clones

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:43 am

View Original PostXard wrote:3.0 confirmed for Anno's commentary on homosexual relationships

I could only hope! Although, I would rather they all be bisexual, with lots of three-ways and stuff like that while still retaining a primary S-O...
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:44 am

View Original PostXard wrote:Rei x Rei clones

Were you the one who posted this stuff on /a/?
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

evangelist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evangelist » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:46 am

So is this a time skip or what? Kaworu was in a school uniform and last we saw of him in 2.22 was him piloting an Eva in a plug suit.

Doesn't make that much sense otherwise (then again no Context!).

PossiblyGay
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby PossiblyGay » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 am

This segment is pretty disorienting. This is what I can infer:
It begins with just radio chatter between Eva and Nerv?, IPEA?, IKEA HQ? The radio chatter does have Misato, Ritsuko, Mayo and the guy who wants to fuck Misato but can't not Kaji, I forget his name. Eva-02 is sent to space with two twin towers(Symbolism for 9/11?) that keep Asuka oriented in space.
The next part is a bit confusing, Arael is the one who sent little purple bombs? Which explode around Asuka. The Angel then does a direct attack letting out a screech. That little robot looking thing with the string of AT-Fields is the angel. Angel breaks through Asuka's AT field. Destroy's the front of Asuka's space gear. Asuka tosses the helmet. Asuka begins to dodge. MARI IN SPACE CONFIRMED. MARI PILOT OF EVA-08 CONFIRMED.
Mari shoots some rounds to stop the Angel's bombs from hitting Asuka. Asuka see's the Dali Cross. It somehow captured the angel. Asuka tries to stop the Cross from entering the atmosphere. She reels it back with her grappling hook and lands on it. She activates the boosters to stabilize. She loses the boosters like space shuttle launches do. The angel frees itself. The shiny panels you see are the angel's arms? The angel is the center robot looking thing that the arms come from. The arms surround Asuka and begin attack. Mari fires one last shot.
Mari ditches Asuka, fearing for her own life. Asuka attempts to out maneuver the angel. The Angel then leaves the center moving on the arms. Asuka then starts kicking the Cross, most likely trying to get Shinji to do something. Asuka has a chat with Misato on radio. The Angel then fucks the shit out of Eva-02, blowing off her left arm. Asuka is in pain she shout baka Shinji. Eva-01 breaks a hole from within the cross with its laser eye. Eva-01 uses its eye to break the Angel's arms and chases the Angel itself which the fast moving console. Eva-01 laser catches up and destroys the angel. You see Eva-01's eye, notice the slight emotion and quivering of Eva-01's pupil. Asuka and Eva-01 eyes shortly see each other, they both quiver in the same manner. They enter the atmosphere. Kaworu looks at the cross as it enters the atmosphere. Says something in Japanese along the lines of" Hello Shinji Ikari, I've been waiting.".
This seems to be one of the first if not the opening scene of Eva 3.0, matching Evangelion 2.0's ending. Mari and Asuka are on the same side,seemingly. Mari might actually be a traitor, as she quickly abandons Asuka to save her own skin. Shinji and Rei are still in the Eva, encased in balaktite, the red crystal stuff from EoE. Shinji seems to be conscious enough to hear Asuka's call and react accordingly. The cross seems to be a container for Eva-01 and one of the ends of the cross contain the angel. I don't understand why Eva-01 was in space, as back-up? Or is the angel capture some sort of an attempt to somehow release Shinji from the Eva. Eva-06 is no where to be seen in combat. Is it too valuable to be used and risk damage and infection due to it being the 'true Evangelion' as stated by Seele? Is the Angel a sort of infection on machinery like Bardiel? That angel seems to be a sort of robot and not a normal angel. Will there be less fan service? From what can I see, no. Even during a space battle, Asuka's boobs seem to take full advantage of zero-G at 2:47.
Anta Baka?

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Jinroh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:47 am

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:What lance are you talking about? One's stuck in Lilith, one was in Mark 06's hands (and then Eva-01's back).

Obviously the one that stopped third impact by impaling unit 01.....

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”