Eva 3.0 (Q) Trailers Thread (PRE-11/17 ONLY)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:57 pm

Here's something else from that trailer:

Could Asuka in the hat actually be one of the mystery characters from the store window?

(8th from the right)

Last edited by Jornophelanthas on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:58 pm

This looks amazing! I can't wait to see the final result!
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:59 pm

HOLY FUCK THE PINK GIRL THE BEST GIRL THE BEST EVA GIRL OF ALL TIME CALLING IT NOW

MY SOUL WHEN 0:49-0:50 OF TRAILER

Since no one of you slow fucks acted quickly enough I now reserve her

PINKIE-CHAN 4ME DO NOT STEAL
:rei_hissyfit:

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Hm. So there's a new character.

A new character with pink hair.

...okay then.

tears of joy were shed and I'm not even that fond of pink in general

View Original Postdriftking18594 wrote:I swear there's a pink-haired woman in one of the Gundam shows that looks like the pink-haired (alleged) Bridge Bunny.

I can't remember a character exactly like her but she does have those classic UC Gundam vibes all over her look. Alternatively you could call her pink haired Simone from Star Driver.

Anyway, who would've thought we'd get best eva girl 15 years after original Eva series? Not to mention she probably gets like 5-10 mins of screentime at most.... ahhh who cares about minor details, pinkie-chan brigade will STAY STRONG.

Roll over Maya, your days as the definitive bridge bunny are OVER.

Beyond that this is the first trailer for 3.0 to get me stoked and hyped for real man. Which is to say this was the best one.

I put a lot of impact for the music. This is the first really good Sagisu piece in god knows how long and it set the doom and gloom feel of silly epicness wonderfully.

Not only that the action footage looks terrific and more I see of 3.0 more I love its stark visual style and use of colour in particular:

This is how Eva in this century should look like. It has that minimalistic, slightly rough feel that is important for Eva. It also bespeaks tons about the feel film is probably going for - I don't know if this is just Anno getting to the "tough times" of Rebuild series or if this is Maeda's influence but 3.0 crushes 2.0 and 1.0 easily if the film follows the footage shown so far.

Looks promising. I hope we get to learn pinkie-chan's name soon so I don't have to refer to her as pinkie-chan.
Last edited by Xard on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:03 pm

Explanation for angry Kaworu:

Shinji doesn't get on all fours for him= angry Kaworu= "if I can't get some, no one will"= he takes Mark 06 to destroy Lilith= Shinji goes after him in Eva 01= a downwards chase more spectacular than in ep. 24!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:03 pm

The trailer is awesome but let's not jump to any conclusions that it gives us a solid idea of what 3.0 is going to be.

Roughly 2/3 of all the footage we've been shown in the marketing comes from the Asuka/Unit 02 Space Battle. Clearly the Space Battle is a MASSIVE Setpiece in the film but that's all it is- one piece of the overall movie. The battle itself is probably at most going to be 10 minutes long, still leaving anywhere from 100 plus more minutes of story. Leaving more than amble room for Multi-Rei.

Also, yeah, I'm loving the stark look of the film from the trailer. The use of red in particular is makes the filmmaker in me all giddy!

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:04 pm

@Jornophelanthas I knew someone would re-post that pic eventually, looking at it again I wonder if this a before and after of the characters.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:11 pm

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:Here's something else from that trailer:

Could Asuka in the hat actually be one of the mystery characters from the store window?

But thats obviously Asuka 2nd from the right. How can she be taller than herself? If anyone thats the other mystery new character who may still be the young Misato that I called it as when I first saw the shadow pic.
Last edited by Jayfive on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:12 pm

View Original PostJayfive wrote:But thats obviously Asuka 2nd from the right. How can she be taller than herself?

It seems she was squeezed like Play-Doh on the teeth of Eva 01...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:12 pm

If anything I'd say 8th from the right is the Brunette. The second girl on the right is clearly Asuka.

fadadio
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby fadadio » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:14 pm

Damn this new trailer looks sick, it also has a very tense nature to it, like as if someone is going to die.

I also noticed during the last bit of the trailer it appears as if Unit 02 is being attacked by eyebeams of some kind, which would explain why Unit 2 has many holes and pieces of armor missing. I dont know how to copy and past such images but if someone else where to they would see the damage being done.

As far as the pink girl goes I highly doubt she is pilot if you take a look at the trailer she is clearly in some sort of chair
Last edited by fadadio on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want Rei...GIVE HER BACK

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:14 pm

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:Could Asuka in the hat actually be one of the mystery characters from the store window?

That hat looks more like a beret than Asuka's hat in the trailer.
View Original PostJayfive wrote:But thats obviously Asuka 2nd from the right. How can she be taller than herself?

Lol, maybe it's another Asuka, but seriously it doesn't look like the same hat to begin with.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 pm

She could have had a growth spurt.

Especially if sufficient time has passed, and if you consider that the Asuka 2nd from the right could be a pre-eyepatch version.

For all we know, a full year could have passed in-story between the movies.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:20 pm

View Original Postfadadio wrote:As far as the pink girl goes I highly doubt she is pilot if you take a look at the trailer she is clearly in some sort of chair

Exactly. That's why I called Maya to roll over, not Rei/Asuka/Mari who'd be old and busted tier now if she was a pilot
Last edited by Xard on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:20 pm

She could have had a growth spurt.

Especially if sufficient time has passed, and if you consider that the Asuka 2nd from the right could be a pre-eyepatch version.

For all we know, a full year could have passed in-story between the movies.

So where the new character that may or may not be young Misato on that silhouette picture then?

Asuka's wearing a baseball cap I reckon, the silhouette in question is wearing a beret of some sort.

From the left I originally called it as:
"Keele, young ritsuko, yui, YOUNG Kaji, bridge bunnies, young gendo, young fuyu, young Misato, present day cast. "

and then did a victory dance.

Now its:
"Keele, pink girl, yui, YOUNG Kaji, bridge bunnies, young gendo, young fuyu, new character #2/young Misato, present day cast. "

And dont forget pink girl could be from a flashback. She could have been the one doing Maya's job before Maya did it given that Maya is only 23. Linking in the whole thing wrapped around the arm.
Last edited by Jayfive on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:Image
Just noticed the background. Same scene or just the new "NERV hallway"-setting?

Chrad
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Chrad » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:25 pm

Either way, it probably indicates that they'll meet somewhere in the film. Thank god.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:26 pm

I can almost see the Pinkie & Maya interacting.

PINKIE: The Entry Plug is not responding! It won't eject!
MAYA: Bitch! That's my job! I'm supposed to tell people when things aren't working!

*I've hypothesized for a while we're going to see a flashback of Yui getting absorbed into Unit 01 - with baby Shinji watching the entire proceeding of course- & she could very easily be the Bridge Bunny during that moment.

Either way, I don't expect either of the two new characters shown in the trailer are going to have that big a role in the whole affair when the series is over.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:27 pm

Yeah, theres that circular thing bottom left of the Asuka shot and then again mid right of the Shinji shot.

Is Shinji retracing Asuka's steps? Are they in the same mode of transport (cable car, monorail etc)?

And god knows what that round thing top left of the Shinji shot is, like part of an air lock or an MRI scanner or something.

Also, no-one thinks Pinky is a young ritsuko going through a really rebelliously slutty phase do they? Now that would be funny.
"Fuyutsuki, When children are given their drivers license before being given sole responsibility for the survival of humanity, mecha anime will have crossed a dangerously illogical threshold"

deeRez
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby deeRez » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 pm

So Asuka's baseball hat is specially modified to allow for neko-plugs?

Top-left, and bit on the top-right of the hat
In and of itself, self-evident.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:38 pm

View Original PostdeeRez wrote:So Asuka's baseball hat is specially modified to allow for neko-plugs?

You've ninja-ed me, I was just going to post the same screenshot. Actually I've noticed it only from some fanarts appeared on pixiv.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”