Who/what could stand up or defeat an Evangelion?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Who/what could stand up or defeat an Evangelion?

•      
  •      

Postby KingXanaduu » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Since it's already been established that the Evangelions themselves are tough hombres, considering they have the potential to become gods, who or what do you think outside the Evangelion continuity/universe has the potential to possibly defeat any one of the Evas, or even hold their own against these biomechs? The Evangelions themselves have a pretty tough standing in the mecha community as being the most powerful weapons to exist, but they're not truly invincible. Who/what do you think has the potential to bring down an Eva (through direct or indirect means) and why?
Last edited by KingXanaduu on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:09 pm

Countless things, including moeblobs:

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 pm

A magical girl from the Madokaverse.
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:42 pm

Nirvash (Eureka Seven) would probably have a good shot. Madara Uchiha (Naruto) and his Perfect Susano'o could definitely deal some damage to an Eva. Gurren Lagann's base form (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) would be a formidable opponent; the larger ones could no doubt squash an Eva pretty handily.

I hate to say it, but an Eva would run circles around Big O, (The Big O) and all of the other Bigs as well. I still really like the design of the mechs from that series, though.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Isn't this question the reason why Super Robot Wars exists as a franchise?

On a case by case basis: Empirical comparisons are difficult when entities, robots, et al., are defined and limited by the rules of their respective universes. Gurren Lagann makes Eva-01 looks like small potatoes, but the metaphysics in NGE are very different from those in TTGL, so it's all moot in the end.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Flash
SPOILER: Show

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:17 am

Oh, look, it's a "versus" thread.

So let's pull out the good old /a/ favourites, like Demonbane; or, if we're looking for a truly broken and overkill suggestion, let's just turn things up to eleven with Sakura Kinomoto with the Sakura cards.

The ease with which Bardiel operated suggests that even if an Evangelion might not register directly to a Jain node (depends on the detection as product vs person), any of the users of that or equivalent level viral utility fog tech from Neal Asher's Polity series would barely break a sweat. Going up the tech scale, any one capable of hacking reality directly to create and destroy matter at distance (the end-state of John Campbell's super-scientists, the Dawn Treader in Bear's Anvil of Stars, or even just Dr Manhattan).

And as the Angels themselves showed, a high enough power telepath can do the job; so I would guess pretty much any significant person or menace from the Lensman series could do it from unawares; and anything second stage or up would work through or around AT fields to get at pilot and EVA both. And from a different continuity, I suspect that by the time Telzey Amberdon hit her seventeenth birthday, she would be like "You could be my puppet, but instead I think I'll just fix your psychic damage for you."
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:29 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Isn't this question the reason why Super Robot Wars exists as a franchise?

Exactly, Evangelions can be defeated by any attack with sufficient power to break their AT Field, I still remember when Kamujin from Macross broke Eva-01's one for the first time in Alpha during the mission on the Mars base, it was really a shock, luckily I upgraded a little its HP before that mission...
Anyway it makes sense if you think about it, Ramiel was defeated exactly in this way, you just need an amazingly powerful weapon and SF is filled with robots powered by mysterious energy sources.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:33 am

A Star Destroyer.
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Lurkis
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lurkis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:46 am

(indirectly) Alucard post Schrodinger. Just kill the pilot xD or if the Eva is running off the dummy plug, teleport into the plug and destroy the mechanisms from the inside.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:05 am

SYSTEM ∀-99 ∀ Gundam/CONCEPT-X 6-1-2 Turn X

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:06 am

... Would Heero Yuy's Gundam be able to withstand these angels? With his fearless personality, he should be.
'course, Chang Wufei's Gundam would also help out.
Last edited by tomrule123 on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

•      
  •      

Postby Tankred » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:07 am

View Original Posttomrule123 wrote:... Would Heero Yuy's Gundam be able to withstand these angels? With his fearless personality, he should be.

Focused fire finished off both of his gundams.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:09 am

View Original PostTankred wrote:Focused fire finished off both of his gundams.

... well then, I got nothing. I'm not into this whole Gundam thing, so I'm out of options.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:41 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Flash.

Nice pick. If we're going to talk capes though, I'm going to throw out The Sentry:

SPOILER: Show
Basically a Superman-type character that has severe psychological issues, i.e. an evil split personality/persona.

He could do it easy.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:48 am

:headdesk: I hate vs. threads, but I like Xard's answer the best so far.

And Sentry is lame. I could come up with lamer things if I tried, but I'd have to work at it.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:23 am

View Original Posttomrule123 wrote:...Would Heero Yuy's Gundam be able to withstand these angels? With his fearless personality, he should be.
'course, Chang Wufei's Gundam would also help out.

He would kill it. Guaranteed.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:24 am

yeh vs threads blow and the range of possible answers is pretty much endless due to amount of ludicruously overpowering beings in fiction.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:27 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:And Sentry is lame.

:fistshake:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

AND METALGARURUMON! BD

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:31 am

View Original PostXard wrote:he range of possible answers is pretty much endless

Not sure I'd go that far, but you could say any weapon which could fly/out run an Eva for five minutes after cutting its power source.

... and Batman, if he has three minutes to plan.

And I might add, the entire Justice League already demonstrated they could do this. BP
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”