General RML Thread [2]

Yeah. You read right. This is for everything that doesn't have anything to do with Eva.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:02 pm

I donated blood today.

Just for the record, I am absolutely TERRIFIED of needles and such.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:09 pm

It was nice of you to do that, especially considering your fear.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:17 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Congrats Faz. You poor bastard.

I bet you don't know his financial situation at all!
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Postby soul.assassin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:Fucking IKEA Lager?

What the fuck, Sweden?

Methinks of Martha Stewart in her heyday. :rofl:

How lewd, IO. Stop getting your waifu drunk

Quoted.

OBTW, sis just told me a week ago that finally I was allowed to have a license to booze. Good. :D

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Quadhonk » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Two good things occurred to me today. Firstly, I didn't get selected for jury duty, so I only lost one day of work. Secondly, I got a new car since my old one broke down. It's the same make and year but a different model. Overall, it'll get me to from point A to point B so I'm happy with it. I forgot what it felt like to have a cd player, my last cars had been broken for two years.
It's difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality.
It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical.
Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.
- Anne Frank (21 July 1944)

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:23 am

Despite forgetting to take my bipolar medication (which I can seriously notice a difference even just forgetting to take my pill one lousy day), I had just about the most pleasant shift at work one could have. Time went by quickly, none of my customers were nasty, I exceeded my daily solicitation goal, I got to have an entertaining chat with a couple cute girls on break, and a coworker who I previously thought was a complete asshole turned out to be a pretty nice guy.
The Skirt-Chasing Mafioso of EGF
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing
If you let me, here's what I'll do: I'll take care of you.

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:33 am

I've currently got eight pages worth of dreams typed up and I've only covered two of the three days I dreamt last week. (Don't even know if I want to post Day 2 because of the certain lucidity prank my subconscious pulled on me, that involved two kinds of bait-and-switch.) I'm only posting that tidbit in this thread, as opposed to its bitchier sister, because right around the 6:30 AM point, I was seized by a wild sort of hilarity that made typing up what could have been rather mundane material really come alive in my head.

Though I did want to be in bed two hours ago. I only managed to type up a paragraph yesterday and I was so unsettled that my body was overtaken by a light spell of my dread and my hands needed to wander somewhere--anywhere--but the typewriter. Today I knocked out three pages easy, which is what I should be doing every day, but I got to deal with the invisible neurotic inside me, and that cocksucker treats me like his full-time babysitter.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Quadhonk
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Quadhonk » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:06 am

View Original PostBomby von Bombsville wrote:Despite forgetting to take my bipolar medication (which I can seriously notice a difference even just forgetting to take my pill one lousy day), I had just about the most pleasant shift at work one could have. Time went by quickly, none of my customers were nasty, I exceeded my daily solicitation goal, I got to have an entertaining chat with a couple cute girls on break, and a coworker who I previously thought was a complete asshole turned out to be a pretty nice guy.

I have the exact same problem with my medication. I only have to take one pill a day and I even have an alarm set on my phone. But somehow I still forget every once in awhile. I never realize that I had forgotten until several days after the fact.
It's difficult in times like these; ideals, dreams and cherished hopes rise within us, only to be crushed by grim reality.
It's a wonder I haven't abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical.
Yet I cling to them because I believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.
- Anne Frank (21 July 1944)

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:47 pm

Got my new computer charger in the mail! Back to the loving arms of Microsoft it is for me! Though now I once again must adjust to the fact that scrolling works in the opposite direction on this computer than my dad's Macbook.
"we have Bomby, voted by People magazine as the sexiest man alive." - TehDonutKing

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:29 pm

I got a coupon for up to 20% a purchase at Toys R Us.

Now I can get MP Optimus Prime for only about $85 instead of $100. (Any money saved counts)
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:31 pm

20% off of $100 would be $80. I was about to factor in sales tax, but then I remembered that you (probably) don't live in WI so I have no clue what your sales tax would be.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:49 pm

I'm going home for the first time in over a month. Which is good because lately I have become so damn sick of college.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:07 pm

View Original PostTrajan wrote:lately I have become so damn sick of college.

Trajan, you're probably doing something wrong
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:38 am

View Original Postran1 wrote:Trajan, you're probably doing something wrong
I would concur with that. While there are extremes of over-doing it, you're supposed to be relishing the freedom to be yourself at this point of your life.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Bomby von Bombsville
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Bomby von Bombsville » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:44 am

I'll gladly go to college for you, Trajan.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:04 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I would concur with that. While there are extremes of over-doing it, you're supposed to be relishing the freedom to be yourself at this point of your life.

To be fair, I can imagine how some people wouldn't enjoy it though, even with the whole "freedom to be yourself" thing. Then again i probably shouldn't speak since college experience in here is vastly different from over there.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Postby Bagheera » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:11 am

I didn't enjoy it much, but it was nice to be able to interact with lots of different people on a regular basis. Would've been better if I'd had a room to myself though.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:41 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I didn't enjoy it much, but it was nice to be able to interact with lots of different people on a regular basis. Would've been better if I'd had a room to myself though.

At first i didn't realize you were replying to the college topic and thought you were talking about your job or something :lol:. Vaguely related, i myself don't really look forward to college (or the future in general) And social anxiety makes it a bit uncertain that i would ever attend. Not like it's a big loss since college in here sucks anyways, at least if my sister and all her classmates are to be believed. But yeah college does sound interesting/motivating the way it is over there, kinda.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:34 pm

College for me was okay, certain aspects I loathed though.

Anyway, I've been giving myself the kick in the pants motivation I needed to start on that writing project (I mentioned it semi-recently in Off Topic, I think) so I'm feeling pretty damn good about myself. :)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Trajan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:38 pm

Three things are ruining it for me:
1) Stress
2) Introversion
3) Roommate

I just want to graduate as soon as I can and get into the real world.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

Return to “Completely and Utterly Off-Topic”