Off-topic Manga AU discussion: Shinji Ikari Raising Project

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

Off-topic Manga AU discussion: Shinji Ikari Raising Project

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:44 pm

View Original PostGreat Genius Shinji-Sama wrote:EoTV AU is Shinji Ikari Raising Project. Or at least getting the feel and stuff of it right; IMO at least. My problem with Angelic Days is probably partly the same as Rj's. It felt like it couldnt make up its mind on what t wanted to be. Also the OTP dynamic/relationship between Shinji and Asuka felt forced/rushed. I might nag about SIRP's fanservice and such at times, but i like the slow pace. And it is what EoTV AU is what I felt it was meant to be; a harem romantic comedy. Though I do feel like it could use a bit more direction. Seeings as they have SEELE interloping sparingly and was the whole purpose of Kaworus existence apparently. But there is more of a build up and natural feel to the A/S/R dynamic. And hopefully if he ever does choose it will be handled better then Angelic Days was.
I think that the only reason I haven't read Shinji Ikari Raising Project is because I fear it is a repeat of angelic days.
logic.
ロジック
Avatar: "Irelia", my top lane masterpiece.

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:12 am

Because it's fucking stupid.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:41 pm

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:Because it's fucking stupid.
Well I am sure it is because it looks a little like angelic days but I don't think it can be worse than angelic days.
logic.
ロジック

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:48 pm

View Original PostRj123541 wrote:Well I am sure it is because it looks a little like angelic days but I don't think it can be worse than angelic days.

It's not like Angelic Days/Iron Maiden 2nd, actually I don't know if gatotsu911 was referring to Iron Maiden 2nd or to the title of the thread.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:52 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:It's not like Angelic Days/Iron Maiden 2nd, actually I don't know if gatotsu911 was referring to Iron Maiden 2nd or to the title of the thread.
I just hope if i read it I don't feel this way. :gunmouth:
logic.
ロジック

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:53 pm

If you like fanservice and moe then you should be fine.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:57 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:If you like fanservice and moe then you should be fine.
Well ok but thats the thing I know and stated this is some food for the grim feeling left in the stomachs of most people who watched the series and EOE. And since I didn't feel any of that when I watched the whole series and EOE (at 6) I made my own solution to which was understanding more of what I already did.
logic.
ロジック

gatotsu911
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby gatotsu911 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:51 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I don't know if gatotsu911 was referring to Iron Maiden 2nd or to the title of the thread.

The latter. Unfortunately I couldn't clarify and keep my response suitably punchy at the same time. Although really I feel confortable extending that judgment to all Eva high-school AU spinoffs.
"I am shocked, SHOCKED, that a regular on an Evangelion forum would be a self-hating mess." - Tarnsman, paraphrased

"Jesus Christ, why are we even still talking about this shit?" - The Eva Monkey, summing up Evageeks in a sentence

Avatar: The Frozen Flame ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:08 pm

View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote:The latter. Unfortunately I couldn't clarify and keep my response suitably punchy at the same time.

Obviously I meant ISIK, I don't know why I typed Iron Maiden 2nd and I didn't even notice the mistake until now.
View Original Postgatotsu911 wrote: Although really I feel confortable extending that judgment to all Eva high-school AU spinoffs.

This is not good, the manga of ISIK is not bad at all.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:25 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:This is not good, the manga of ISIK is not bad at all.

It's utter trash if you have no interest in fanservice.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:36 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:It's utter trash if you have no interest in fanservice.

Something is definitely wrong with a man if he doesn't have any interest in fanservice.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:42 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Something is definitely wrong with a man if he doesn't have any interest in fanservice.

:shrug: Even still, there's nothing to it beyond that. As such mileage will vary considerably when it comes to the sentiment "not bad at all."
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:37 am

After all the feedback I have got on it I am thinking of passing on it but I should probably finish it before I can make my final judgment on it.
logic.
ロジック

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:04 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Something is definitely wrong with a man if he doesn't have any interest in fanservice.

Well the doors open on this one so...
What if it has only Asuka fanservice? does that change things.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:23 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote:Well the doors open on this one so...
What if it has only Asuka fanservice? does that change things.

Yeah, it would change things, because Evangelion without Rei fanservice wouldn't be Evangelion any more; luckily ISIK is almost perfectly balanced between Rei and Asuka fanservices so far.
So let’s make a wish.
No matter how many times

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:07 am

View Original PostRj123541 wrote:I just hope if i read it I don't feel this way. :gunmouth:

I avoid this "expanded universe" stuff entirely because I'm afraid it'll make me feel that way. I mean, I've accumulated a lot of Eva mental junk over the years from trolls and weird theories and inappropriate fan art just sticking to the main series. I feel like reading this stuff will just lead to more weird tangents.

I'm not criticizing anyone who gets something out of it, only speaking for myself. It's just that I've barely come to terms with the real Eva without piling stuff on top of it! If the offshoots formed a new way of looking at the original show, that might be worth it. But people don't really characterize it that way, it's more "oh, isn't this novel?"

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:09 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:I avoid this "expanded universe" stuff entirely because I'm afraid it'll make me feel that way. I mean, I've accumulated a lot of Eva mental junk over the years from trolls and weird theories and inappropriate fan art just sticking to the main series. I feel like reading this stuff will just lead to more weird tangents.

I'm not criticizing anyone who gets something out of it, only speaking for myself. It's just that I've barely come to terms with the real Eva without piling stuff on top of it! If the offshoots formed a new way of looking at the original show, that might be worth it. But people don't really characterize it that way, it's more "oh, isn't this novel?"
While we are at it have you read Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse? It looks pretty bad to me as well.
logic.
ロジック

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:16 pm

View Original PostRj123541 wrote:While we are at it have you read Neon Genesis Evangelion: Campus Apocalypse? It looks pretty bad to me as well.

The first two volumes are decent but it is something you'll probably only read once.
Voluntary Illusion.

Rj123541
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Rj123541 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:22 pm

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:The first two volumes are decent but it is something you'll probably only read once.
It looks to me like something I probably wouldn't read at all. But I will have to give it a try, even if I don't like the fact that Anno sold his soul to the audience.
logic.
ロジック

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:27 pm

View Original PostRj123541 wrote:It looks to me like something I probably wouldn't read at all. But I will have to give it a try, even if I don't like the fact that Anno sold his soul to the audience.

Was Anno the one who made this or had a hand in it? I always assumed it was just Gainax.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”