Eva Doujin Translation: Epilogue of Evangelion (Pengel)

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:58 pm

It was mostly pretty cute until they started having kids, their kids started hitting on one another, and Shinji's grown-up character design appeared as a generic kawaii-^___^;;;;; DeviantArt author self-insert.

Nightweaver20xx
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Nightweaver20xx » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:13 am

If no one else returned, the only way they could perpetually repopulate the planet is for their children to have sex with each other, over and over again, in this absurdly incestuous giant family-fuck that would eventually start producing kids with huge birth defects.

Sad End.
"The tranquil angel's thesis has ended, so now it is beginning/ Clinging tightly to the life you protect/ You will receive an answer from that dream~
--Epilogue of Evangelion

The story is never over as long as humans can still love one another.

[url]http://www.furaffinity.net/user/Nightweaver20xx[/url]

die-yng
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby die-yng » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:33 pm

View Original PostNightweaver20xx wrote:If no one else returned, the only way they could perpetually repopulate the planet is for their children to have sex with each other, over and over again, in this absurdly incestuous giant family-fuck that would eventually start producing kids with huge birth defects.

Sad End.

You know, scientists aren't even that sure that this has to happen.

Anyway, half of the USA believes that's how the earth was populated or who were Adam and Eve's offspring going ti marry, if not their siblings?

All that being said I don't like this part of the ending very much.
There should have been other people anyway, makes no sense that only this two would become corporeal again.
Still it makes for a nice story.

Naminator
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Naminator » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 am

View Original Postdie-yng wrote:You know, scientists aren't even that sure that this has to happen.

Anyway, half of the USA believes that's how the earth was populated or who were Adam and Eve's offspring going ti marry, if not their siblings?

All that being said I don't like this part of the ending very much.
There should have been other people anyway, makes no sense that only this two would become corporeal again.
Still it makes for a nice story.

Nah, scientists are pretty damn sure about this issue. However, what half of USA thinks does not equal to what actual scientists think. but anyway, yea it's a Adam/Eve type of ending, a pretty enjoyable read, not a sad ending until you start thinking of all the incest and Asukas vagina, I mean seriously, by the time those two hit their 40s Asuka is going to have stitches up to her forehead.

TaintedHero
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby TaintedHero » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:59 am

I made this account just to say, you are my hero for posting this.

die-yng
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby die-yng » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:41 pm

View Original PostNaminator wrote:Nah, scientists are pretty damn sure about this issue. However, what half of USA thinks does not equal to what actual scientists think. but anyway, yea it's a Adam/Eve type of ending, a pretty enjoyable read, not a sad ending until you start thinking of all the incest and Asukas vagina, I mean seriously, by the time those two hit their 40s Asuka is going to have stitches up to her forehead.

Sorry I'd recently read an old "Der Spiegel" article (about an Incest case, here in germany, that made quit the waves in the media), where they had scientists, who actually argue against it.

It's not my opinion, I believe there would be defects, but for the sake of the discussion I thought it would be good to show that other views exist.

It's not like the scientific community speaks with one voice. More like a few hundred.

The comment about what american's believe was me being a sarcastic arse, I'd find it pretty hard to share this believes. (just thinking of creationism makes me puke.)
"Asuka groaned, palming her face. "First? That's a bagel."
"You're supposed to eat it," Shinji assisted.
Rei looked at them, then back to Ikari-kun, taking in the surprising revelation. Cautiously, she placed her lips around the item in her hand and took a small bite. Wide-eyed, she beheld the bagel with a new reverence.
"You are delicious, Ikari-kun.""
Lucretius and Essel Present: NGE: The Cutting Room Floor

[url]http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?t=9090&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]

duoearth
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby duoearth » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Just signed up in this webboard.
Really enjoy your translation.

This doujin is truly nice from my perspective. It is really show how Asuka X Shinji couple would turn out.

Thank you for such great translation !
Just passing through lone wolf.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:40 am

View Original Postdie-yng wrote:You know, scientists aren't even that sure that this has to happen.

Nah, they are. They even have some great examples to work with: look into the genetic history of cheetahs and you'll see what I mean (short version: speculation is that they went through a serious genetic bottleneck around 10,000 years ago, with the population possibly reduced to as few as one pregnant female. Fast forward to now and the global cheetah population is nearly identical genetically, to the point where cheetahs from different parts of the world can accept skin grafts from one another because their bodies don't recognize the other tissue as foreign. It's a remarkable success story, but those cats have some serious, serious problems to deal with).

Anyway, thought I'd commented here, but apparently I missed it: I enjoyed this story, even if the ending left me nautious. Thanks for translating!
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Chimurry
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Chimurry » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:59 pm

Hi there!, I really like this history, have a lot more meaning on how is could be like if something like that scenario happen.

Well, its something keep wondering about: Earth Re poblation, well, I think, theres should be more humans survive, but the chances of meet them are really low, take Australia or America as example, How long took to euroasians notice were more humans?, lets say, survived 100 000 humans across the globe, no communications, no artificial power at all, how many people right now could surivive with just no tech?, you can see Reality Survivor and understand, and the chances to meet that persons should drastically low, even Shinji and Asuka trip across Asia sounds really hard today, isnt?, if you really wake tomorrow and theres no human life except you (if I understood only humans dissapear), what do you do??, you have all the supplies form markets and stuff, but those not be always avaible and secure food, lets say can endure: 4 years? on cans cases, other types, like: meat, groceries, cookies, tea, coffee, grains (wheat, rice, beans, others), even meat, in this case you can have for long terms only if keep it really frozen like stones, but without power, keep the freezers working will be hard.
So the Human as race, will be decrease even more, the weaks or unadaptable will die, by starving, sickness, loneliness, specifically knowledge will lose, unless they have the know about and man power to reboot and mantain power plants or others, example: how many crew members do you need to pilot a boat??, you will have all the fuel you need to for 3000 years?? but you need people to help to dock or just traveling.

About the genetic issue: theres a lot of examples across history of close intercourse within families, later know as Clans: on the bible you should find severals, like Lot and his daughters, Noah 3 boys, etc.; What about Matrix proposal??, 7 males, 14 females, I heard sometime ago, theres 95% of the world human poblation belongs to one ADN group and the rest 5% to other, so the theory of Adam and Eve no sounds so crazy, I not on the way to support incest or any other, but human history behavior its a real theme, so lets say, ShinjixAsuka made it, with the time others Clans or families have the chance to meet them, and keep going, like we have references in old ancient books.

bionicledidi
Embryo

Epilogue of Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby bionicledidi » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Epilogue of Evangelion is a unofficial manga, but it's just so well written I think it deserves a page on EvaGeeks. If you haven't read it, you can find it online or download it. Does any agree on this?
You get one- and only one life. Make it count.

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

Re: Epilogue of Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:32 pm

View Original Postbionicledidi wrote:I think it deserves a page on EvaGeeks.

Well, it already has its topic.
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

Der Kommissar
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Der Kommissar » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:35 pm

I personally think it smoothes over the ending of EoE way too much. You've got Asuka and Shinji basically back to the romcom arc. You've got Asuka being civil with Rei again. That sort of regression (or progression without explanation) just bugs me.

There's a lot of (deliberately) unresolved character arc questions for Asuka and Shinji at the end of EoE, and I think if any fanfiction does a pretty decent job wrangling with them, it's Orchestrating the Silence. Re-Take, which people seem to either hate or love, also doesn't ignore the unresolved tension at the end of the film, though it takes it in a different direction. Though Rei's characterization is dramatically off.

bionicledidi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby bionicledidi » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:25 pm

Thanks for the link to the other post!

Now I think that the EoE ending left absolutely too little information about what was going to happen ("I feel sick" ???). Shinji turned mankind into LCL and only he and Asuka accepted themselves for who they are, and resurfaced as an individual. Epilogue was a way for readers to take the vague ending into something more understandable and very heartwarming.
I hope Anno has read it :D
You get one- and only one life. Make it count.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:15 pm

Asuka seems to have taken Shinji's horrible violation of her dignity fairly well. You'd think that would be a deal breaker for most people.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:46 pm

View Original PostDer Kommissar wrote:I personally think it smoothes over the ending of EoE way too much. You've got Asuka and Shinji basically back to the romcom arc. You've got Asuka being civil with Rei again. That sort of regression (or progression without explanation) just bugs me.

There's a lot of (deliberately) unresolved character arc questions for Asuka and Shinji at the end of EoE, and I think if any fanfiction does a pretty decent job wrangling with them, it's Orchestrating the Silence. Re-Take, which people seem to either hate or love, also doesn't ignore the unresolved tension at the end of the film, though it takes it in a different direction. Though Rei's characterization is dramatically off.

The one problem with OtS (of which I am quite fond, just be clear) is that it completely ignores the effects of Instrumentality. It also largely ignores Asuka's experiences during the descent arc and EoE, instead acting as though all of her problems are somehow related to Shinji.

I really need to write that epilogue one of these days. I keep promising I'll do it next weekend, but I always seem to get distracted . . . :sigh:
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

Der Kommissar
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Der Kommissar » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:09 pm

I'll agree centering Asuka's problems and motivations totally around Shinji was an exaggeration and a mistake. It's something that happens too often in Evangelion and too often in fiction in general.

That said, Shinji is a very central player in Asuka's ego collapse, despite being virtually ignorant of the fact himself.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:35 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:I really need to write that epilogue one of these days. I keep promising I'll do it next weekend, but I always seem to get distracted . . . :sigh:

Do it.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:54 am

View Original PostDer Kommissar wrote:That said, Shinji is a very central player in Asuka's ego collapse, despite being virtually ignorant of the fact himself.

Yes, but none of that's addressed in the story. It's all "man, jerking off over me was lame" and "why didn't you rescue me?" and shit like that, stuff that really doesn't matter to her. The stuff that did matter -- stuff like "why couldn't I pilot Eva?" and "Why were you so much better at it than I was?" and "why did they treat me like that?" and "why didn't you look at/hold/notice/flatter/etc me?", i.e. the stuff that directly fueled that ego collapse -- isn't addressed. IOW she's treated as a relatively normal teenager who needs to work out her problems with some boy rather than an intensely gifted, egocentric teen who had a mental breakdown for reasons only tangentially related to said boy.

That said, it did a better jof of things than most. It at least acknowledged that she was fucked up, even if it fumbled the why of it and the impact Instrumentality might have on resolving it. One out of three is better than zip.

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Do it.

Heh. Working on it. It's good to have goals!

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Blue Monday » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:23 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Yes, but none of that's addressed in the story. It's all "man, jerking off over me was lame" and "why didn't you rescue me?" and shit like that, stuff that really doesn't matter to her. The stuff that did matter -- stuff like "why couldn't I pilot Eva?" and "Why were you so much better at it than I was?" and "why did they treat me like that?" and "why didn't you look at/hold/notice/flatter/etc me?", i.e. the stuff that directly fueled that ego collapse -- isn't addressed. IOW she's treated as a relatively normal teenager who needs to work out her problems with some boy rather than an intensely gifted, egocentric teen who had a mental breakdown for reasons only tangentially related to said boy.

This! So much...

I only finished reading OTS last week (See 'Fan-Fiction Discussion' thread) and whilst I loved it, I felt it approached its topics quite clumsily at times (Those being the hospital incident, the "Why didn't you rescue me?", the kiss and "Why did you try to kill me?"). Which could've been avoided by reworking the dialogue, or have the narrative bring them up more naturally. Just felt quite formulaic at times. You get the vibe the author had a checklist of 'issues' he wanted to run through and he certainly did.

You hit the nail on the head Bags; the stuff that would've really mattered to Asuka (Verses the stuff which is important to the readers/fans, i.e. the aforementioned topics) isn't approached at all, unfortunately.

I'll reiterate that I really, really enjoyed reading it though. The author has a great 'hold' on the content for the most part and I appreciate that.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Heh. Working on it. It's good to have goals!

I saw some of your thoughts in the 'Fan-Fiction Discussion' thread about a post-3I/Instrumentality story or epilogue (Here's one: http://forum.evageeks.org/post/514619/FanFiction-Requests-Recommendations-Discussion-etc/#514619 ). I'd read that shit out of that, haha. Better get cracking man, someone needs to write that story!

:thumbsup:
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Kamon-san
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Kamon-san » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:26 pm

I'm not reading comments on this topic until I read the whole thing, but I just wanted to thank you for sharing this. =) I just finished the first chapter and this really brings me WAY back to when I began to love Evangelion (and especially my love of Asuka's character back then). It's quite enjoyable. ;P

Return to “Fan Works”