Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
ronri
Embryo

Postby ronri » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:11 pm

My original post:
FFFFF My MP-Eva has finally arrived! Can't wait to have a look at it once I get home.

New post:

Damn finals/exams and assignments killed me before I could even post ANYTHING about my MP-Eva. >_>

Well suffice to say I'm satisfied and it's really just such a great figure overall (especially the inclusion of the damaged parts along with the Spear of Longinus and the wings). The only thing that really surprised me was how the hips were constructed though I already got used to it after fiddling around with him. Admittedly I'm surprised at how well the joints work considering the bad rep I keep reading about Revoltech Evas. I mean for crying out loud, I was able to pose him standing up on one foot! XD

I won't post that many pics since everyone practically knows what this guy looks like. Though pardon the blurriness, I used my phone and I still need to get my camera fixed up. So here's a couple of photos of the figure along with my other ones when I got him to stand on one foot:

So yeah, needless to say I'm pretty damn happy with my first ever Eva figure and I definitely feel like it was worth it. :toothy:
April 1995. I met her.

ScottAsher
Embryo

Postby ScottAsher » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:50 am

Anyone know if this box set is worth the buy? Or should I wait and see if there's another rerelease of the evas with the 3rd movie?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YUBDHC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=AW9BA2CGNID6C

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Not for that price lol Don't waste your money, you can get all four of those in the EvaEvo Revo line for much cheaper.

The boxset you linked to is the old revo mold and are obsolete now.
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:11 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Not for that price

Indeed...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

ScottAsher
Embryo

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:23 am

Ah, alright. I'm a tad confused on where to buy them, honestly. The site I typically use is HLJ, but they're sold out. Anyone have any tips on where to look? Or should I just search ebay until I find them?

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Dang I just looked too and ya sold out pretty much everywhere. AmiAmi has EvaEvo 02,05 and 06 still cheap. As for EvaEvo 00,01 and 03 looks like Ebay is the only option.

But before you try Ebay check Mandarake.
[url]http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/[/url]
They get them from time to time and cheap too.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Yeah... No point in getting an outdated or incomplete collection now... Try EvaEvos...

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:46 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:Ah, alright. I'm a tad confused on where to buy them, honestly. The site I typically use is HLJ, but they're sold out. Anyone have any tips on where to look? Or should I just search ebay until I find them?

Damn to bad you didn't hit up this forum a few months ago because I sold off my 2.0 collection(The box set you originally posted about) including 05 on ebay for $100. But then again I think you should just track down the EvaEvos anyway, they're way better.

ScottAsher
Embryo

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:54 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Damn to bad you didn't hit up this forum a few months ago because I sold off my 2.0 collection(The box set you originally posted about) including 05 on ebay for $100. But then again I think you should just track down the EvaEvos anyway, they're way better.

Alright. I was curious on accessories and such. I know the EvaEvos come with parts of Angels and such, but do they also come with the weapons the ones I was looking at came with? Like 01's swords and such?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:Alright. I was curious on accessories and such. I know the EvaEvos come with parts of Angels and such, but do they also come with the weapons the ones I was looking at came with? Like 01's swords and such?

Nope... Just good old movie-accuracy...

To make it short:
EVA00: Missile... Yeah, that's all...
EVA01: Prog. knife, assault rifle...
EVA02: Prog. knives, crossbow...
EVA03: None
EVA04: Lance of Longinus, assault rifle and prog. knife
EVA05: Nothing beyond the now detachable arm-lance
Mark 6: Rebuild's Lance

ScottAsher
Embryo

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:18 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Nope... Just good old movie-accuracy...

To make it short:
EVA00: Missile... Yeah, that's all...
EVA01: Prog. knife, assault rifle...
EVA02: Prog. knives, crossbow...
EVA03: None
EVA04: Lance of Longinus, assault rifle and prog. knife
EVA05: Nothing beyond the now detachable arm-lance
Mark 6: Rebuild's Lance

Hm. Alright. That all sounds pretty good, though. The parts of the angels kinda makes up for it. I doubt I'll be getting Unit 05 though, since I personally don't like the design of it. Are the MP Evas worth a look too? Or are those not worth the money?

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:22 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:Hm. Alright. That all sounds pretty good, though. The parts of the angels kinda makes up for it. I doubt I'll be getting Unit 05 though, since I personally don't like the design of it. Are the MP Evas worth a look too? Or are those not worth the money?

There are no EvaEvo version of the MP Evas (yet?)...
I personally like the one that exist a lot...

ScottAsher
Embryo

Postby ScottAsher » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:26 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:There are no EvaEvo version of the MP Evas (yet?)...
I personally like the one that exist a lot...

I was talking about the ones that are out currently. If they're good figures then I'll add them to my "to buy list when I actually have cash." I'd assume there wouldn't be an EvaEvo version though, unless they appear in Rebuild 4.0 or something.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:51 pm

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:then I'll add them to my "to buy list when I actually have cash."

There's only one figure in that list of mine... And it will be there for too long...

View Original PostScottAsher wrote:I'd assume there wouldn't be an EvaEvo version though, unless they appear in Rebuild 4.0 or something.

I hope they are...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT:
Week post!
A month away of the last one, LOL

unit450
Adam

RAH Neo Eva Unit-01 [Some More Info & Pics!]

Postby unit450 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:23 am

So a little more info on the Medicom RAH Neo Eva Unit-01 has shown up. First is that the release date is to be January 2013, and the price is gonna be 24,800 Yen.

Gotta say I'm really liking this figure, rubber content seems to be limited to the lower arms; with the waist(possibly upper torso as well) having a fabric suit cover instead of rubber material. As well the height is gonna be approximately 39cm from the feet to the top of the shoulder armor which is awesome(so this RAH Neo figure will be taller than the old PG kit that's smaller than Bandai's new Mega-Size(36-38cm) kits!) Also gonna have to wait and see if any higer res pics show up for this, but I think the knees will be seperate pieces that aren't attached to the inner figure under the suit.

So I just gotta wait for pre-orders to open for this thing and secure probably the best Birthday gift to myself I could get.

Pre-orders have been put up on AmiAmi for the [URL=http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-2454&page=top]Medicom RAH Neo Eva Unit-01[/URL] for 17,300 Yen, as well it looks like the extra bit of accessories are being used as pre-order bonuses. Made my order a couple hours ago, and have no regrets.

[Found some better pics that show off the figure more!]
SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/mrahneoevaunit011.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/mrahneoevaunit012.jpg/]Image[/URL]
Last edited by unit450 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rei used Smile.
Shinji, Asuk-You know what? EVERYTHING in existence fainted. Even the Fire Hydrant...
Rei defeated Seele!?

pen-pen
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: RAH Neo Eva Unit-01 [Some More Info & Pics!]

Postby pen-pen » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:21 pm

View Original Postunit450 wrote:So a little more info on the Medicom RAH Neo Eva Unit-01 has shown up. First is that the release date is to be January 2013, and the price is gonna be 24,800 Yen.

Gotta say I'm really liking this figure, rubber content seems to be limited to the lower arms; with the waist(possibly upper torso as well) having a fabric suit cover instead of rubber material. As well the height is gonna be approximately 39cm from the feet to the top of the shoulder armor which is awesome(so this RAH Neo figure will be taller than the old PG kit that's smaller than Bandai's new Mega-Size(36-38cm) kits!) Also gonna have to wait and see if any higer res pics show up for this, but I think the knees will be seperate pieces that aren't attached to the inner figure under the suit.

So I just gotta wait for pre-orders to open for this thing and secure probably the best Birthday gift to myself I could get.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! ......Wuhuhu.....(Excited & sad at the same time)
This figurine is far-out awesome, but I think I gotta work hard to break the A.T. field between me & my wallet!!!!!!!
BOOMZ!

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Wow... It looks great!
And look... Palette Rifle!!!

View Original Postpen-pen wrote:This figurine is far-out awesome, but I think I gotta work hard to break the A.T. field between me & my wallet!!!!!!!

Like Homer Simpson with Snake's hair trying to kill Bart or worse?

pen-pen
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby pen-pen » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:08 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Wow... It looks great!
And look... Palette Rifle!!!

Like Homer Simpson with Snake's hair trying to kill Bart or worse?

....worse....
BOOMZ!

transcendent12
Embryo

Postby transcendent12 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:42 pm

preorders up for RAH unit 01. Looks amazing, and inline with price of all other RAH

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-2454&page=top

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:44 pm

View Original Postunit450 wrote:So a little more info on the Medicom RAH Neo Eva Unit-01 has shown up. First is that the release date is to be January 2013, and the price is gonna be 24,800 Yen.

Pre-orders have been put up on AmiAmi for the [URL=http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-2454&page=top]Medicom RAH Neo Eva Unit-01[/URL] for 17,300 Yen, as well it looks like the extra bit of accessories are being used as pre-order bonuses. Made my order a couple hours ago, and have no regrets.

[Found some better pics that show off the figure more!]
SPOILER: Show
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/mrahneoevaunit011.jpg/]Image[/URL]
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/mrahneoevaunit012.jpg/]Image[/URL]

It looks nice........but judging on every other RAH thats been release especially ones that use rubber those arms will be tearing and cracking in months if you try to pose it in anything other than a neutral pose. And even then in about a year it'll prob fall apart into dust like my Asuka RAH did. For 17k yen no thanks.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”