Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Forget that sachiel I'll raise you with an S.H.Monsterarts Zeruel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Yeah it really is a surprise. Bandai really seems as if they're expanding the range of the SH MonsterArts line outside of the usual fanfare of Godzilla and giant monster figures. Just look at the size of that Zeruel. I think they put a Robot Damashi Unit 02 "Beast mode" version just for comparison.

Not sure about you guys but as much as I'd like to get this guy, I have no room! I'd rather get this guy below....

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Hes probably not gonna be a day 1 preorder for me but I do plan on picking him up when I got more money to spare.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm stroked about it, since it'll be compatible with the RD figures. But chances are it's going to overpriced, since they can't really do anything else with the mold.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:50 am

btw, Minnano Evafan had this to say about that Zeruel picture:

秋葉原 魂フィーチャーズ3に展示中です。隣にはサキエル+国連軍もいた

which robotranslates to "Figure 3 is a feature in the exhibition in Akihabara soul. UN forces had also next to Sachiel +"

destiny13777
Embryo

Postby destiny13777 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:18 am

There's also a pic of the 3rd angel floating around, I think on cyber gundam's blog.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Yep S.H.Monsterarts Sachiel is on the way too.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Yea heres the pic of the S.H.Monsterarts Sachiel.

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:05 pm

Haven't been here for a long time but after watching this news holy hell I can't believe we are actually getting decent figures of angels.

Xous
Lilith

Postby Xous » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:35 pm

@Shaneva002's Zeruel figure post: For something of that size (assuming I'm seeing it right, which I believe I am) for some reason I find the painting / detail a little... lacking, at least from that photo. Maybe the light's affecting the details, but the face seems a little bland. I still like the figure (always a fan of more Zeruel merchandise!) so maybe I'm just being too critical. xD
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:40 am

View Original PostXous wrote:(always a fan of more Zeruel merchandise!) so maybe I'm just being too critical. xD

Since when has there been enough figures to compare to begin with...?

Also, the Sachiel is now at AmiAmi...
9870 yen normal...
12 600 yen LED version...

How expensive are this MonsterArts?
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby ONIAgent150 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:59 am

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Forget that sachiel I'll raise you with an S.H.Monsterarts Zeruel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANT SO BAD! What's the price on that bad boy?
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:35 am

That Sachiel thats up for preorder at AmiAmi IS NOT the one I posted in the pic above so don't spam preorder it lol

The price, well if you go by the already released S.H.Monsters, lets say Godzilla who was the most bared bones of them so far went from anywhere from 65-75$ before shipping so ya theyre expensive. But hopefully the Amazon/Bluefin relationship will incorperate these like they did with the Godzilla ones and we can order from amazon sans the oversea shipping costs.

darthikari
Adam

Postby darthikari » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:55 am

Must. Buy. Zuriel!!!!!!! Now I feel bad that I didn't pick up that Bandai "Za Beasto" last year at ACEN, it was on sale too.....
"I've had recurring nightmares, that I was loved for who I am, and missed the opportunity to be a better man..."

Archaiel
Lilith

Postby Archaiel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 am

Hmmm, interesting angel figures.

SO I bought a second Revo Unit 02 so I could paint the pylons for use with my 04. I don't know if it is the paints I bought or just the task of trying to cover up a previous paint job but its not going so well. The normal pylons look horrible and the s-type pylons dont look much better. Only the s-type forearms came out decently and thats in comparison with the pylons. Seriously how the hell does kaiyodo get the paint so neat! Grahhhh! Perhaps luck shall be on my side with painting an uncolored resin pylon...

On the topic of resin casting these figures I have also hit a massive dead end. Just about every part can be replicated with the exception of the pelvis, abdomen and any part that is of the rubber consistency. At the moment my enthusiasm has been shot dead. -_-

On a brighter note for my birthday my brother bought me the Arch Gurren Lagann and Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann Revoltech figures! :D I never realized just how large the Eva Evo line was until I opened my Gurrens!
Avatar: Eva Unit 6.66 LCFL (My original design)

Participated in:
2011 - LDC & EvADC

Current Eva Projects:
-Tweaking Eva 6.66
-Weaving a Continuity

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:56 am

The Sachiel looks much better than the Zeruel (though Zeruel merchandise is rarer), it even looks like it's got some decent articulation.

ONIAgent150
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby ONIAgent150 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:29 am

Haven't seen anyone post this Anime Content Expo Rei figure yet so I'll just put it here:

Who gave that girl a gun?
AVATAR: Zer0 from Borderlands 2.

insomniac
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby insomniac » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:23 am

^ I'd say that Dr. Akagi.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:00 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:That Sachiel thats up for preorder at AmiAmi IS NOT the one I posted in the pic above so don't spam preorder it lol

Beat it... I was talking about the other one...

If the MonsterArts Sachi and Zeruel can move decently then I want a Sachiel!
Zeruel seems kinda pointless I think... Most of the action takes place when it has the Rei body...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Xous
Lilith

Postby Xous » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:48 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Since when has there been enough figures to compare to begin with...?

Hm? Just because there haven't been many Zeruel figures to compare to doesn't mean one can't say the level of detail is lacking. Even if there was only 1 Zeruel figure in existence, one could still look at it and say, "it would be nice if there was more detail here, or there."

Basically what I'm saying is I'd like the figure more if they had more detail on the face (and some of the rest of the non-black parts of its body). Shading along the edges, textures, something like that. Again, it may just be that one photo isn't showing it at its best, and future photos may show it does actually have more detail to it. But right now, to me that image makes its face look like it's just white plastic with no detail.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”