Super Robot Wars

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:29 pm

^K made Kira more of the SEED Destiny hero than in Link if you can believe it. Not that I mind really, Shin and Rey were becoming evil and needed to be stopped by something that could actually take them on.

Anyway, a small comic from Z2's first preview announcement:

Also the GN Archer is confirmed as just attacks for Arios Gundam.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:45 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH2-rOG2zFs

holy shit yes.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:35 am

awesome PV

I hope Hi Nu gundam winds up being a secret unit in the game I was a little disapointed when it was not in Z2 part 1.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:50 am

Rumor has it Hi Nu will be in, but that was a rumor way back when part 1 was out and supposedly this was from a hack. There's the ultra wild rumor that there will be a super secret unit according to one of the developers' personal blogs; most people including me think it'll be Macross Plus's YF-19.

I also have to know, what is Xard's reaction to Basara singing to vajra? :lol:
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:18 am

So, where are you going to import this game from, or are you just going to emulate?

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:awesome PV

I hope Hi Nu gundam winds up being a secret unit in the game I was a little disapointed when it was not in Z2 part 1.
I don't really think Hi-Nu will be a unit in this, sadly. There's always a chance of it and the Sazabi being built by OZ or something for Amuro and Char.

Provided Char doesn't go Char's Counterattack, which IIRC was a plotline in the first game that Char promises won't happen.

View Original PostDr. Nick wrote:So, where are you going to import this game from, or are you just going to emulate?
I've got a modded PSP 3001, so I'll be running an ISO. I'll probably physical copy up sometime in the future, or get it on when/if I get a Vita and it's up on the Japanese PSN.

Some musings on the trailer:
SPOILER: Show

Kinda disappointed in the fact the rest of Fire Bomber is attack only, but understand it's from the lack of a partner or squad system. Which the first Z2 game really needed on account for the mass amounts of units.

Tetsujin is probably going to be broken as fuck though, since it runs off the old-school dodge/hit system. Meaning even if it dodges constantly, the dodge rate doesn't decay.

Rand and Setsuko are back too, it seems. Wonder if Xine is going to pop up too. In any case I think this gives us up to five Original Generation characters that you can field (Margarette [assuming that the route to unlock her is canon], Crowe, Esther, Rand, and Setsuko). Probably more if the goth loli, Xine, and Asakim show as usable units in the last stage.

Holy fuck, the Borot is an auto deploy. DAT KUROGANE FIVE ATTACK.

Speaking of Shin Mazinger, DAT BIG BANG PUNCH. Holy shit yesssssss.

The cover for The GUARDIAN sounds fantastic as well, really does the song justice.

I really, really, really hope Energer Z is an unlockable unit. Love that thing.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:58 pm

Not really into SRW games or SRPGS in general that much, but I'll give the ISO a spin too when it touches down on the usual circuits.
Not sure if Nihongo already good enough though.
Mostly because there's Macross, VOTOMS and Aquarion in it.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:07 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Not really into SRW games or SRPGS in general that much, but I'll give the ISO a spin too when it touches down on the usual circuits.
Not sure if Nihongo already good enough though.
Mostly because there's Macross, VOTOMS and Aquarion in it.
You actually don't need to know too much moon to play an SRW title- and what little you DO can be found on the site Akurasu.net, which is pretty much a god send for SRW fans who don't know moonspeak.

I'd suggest you play Z2.1 before playing the second Z2 game though. I'm not sure on the status of the torrent for it, though.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:43 pm

View Original PostAlastor wrote:I don't really think Hi-Nu will be a unit in this

At least there's now a fake image of a Hi-Nu sprite floating around.

Starter stage summaries, courtesy of SRW Genesis:

SPOILER: Show
Prologue 1: Black Rebellion
Prologue 2: Gundam Destruction Order
Prologue 3: The Last Day of Earth

Stage 1: Fighting Girl
Stage 2: Escapee
Stage 3: Messenger of the Sun, Tetsujin 28

Japan 4: Takeo General Company Battle Chronicles
Japan 5: The Melancholy of Public Relations Division 2

Space 4: Second Coming
Space 5: Twinkle Star

Middle East 4: Bewildered Warriors
Middle East 5: OZ and A-laws

Kummen 4: Assemble EX-10
Kummen 5: Maelstrom

Fulfilling specific objectives in each of the three prologue stages will determine the difficulty level of the game. There are no SR Points in the prologue stages.

Esther's Brasta Es is a prototype of the mass production Brasta. It is highly capable, all-rounded and has the ability to repair.

The first real chapter takes place 1 year after Z2-1, and 1 month after the formation of the Earth Federation from the three major power blocs. With the death of Gaiou, it seems that the Dimensional Monsters have become weaker. However, freed from the control of the Imperium, the DMs have gone berserk. Gundam Deathscythe and Gundam Sandrock join in this stage.

In the second stage, you learn that the Earth Federation is corrupt hurr durr. Also Kallen joins with the Guren Mk-II equipped with the first type arm after the events at the end of Geass S1 that wrecks the original arm. C.C. also joins in a Burai.

In the third stage, they travel to Singapore by Kallen's request. There they meet Ranka who is on vacation and Alto and Luca who are her bodyguards. Also Tetsujin 28. You get the RVF-27 Lucifer (Luca), VF25-F Messiah (Alto) and Brera in his VF-27gamma Lucifer join for a bit. Tetsujin's got no weapons and is a pure melee robot. At the end of stage 3, you get two route splits. First option is to choose between sending Kallen and her group (the Geass and Wing characters) off and going with them. After the intermission, you get the second split. If you decide to send Kallen off, you get to choose between staying on Earth and joining up with the Crusher Squad or going into space and regrouping with S.M.S. If you decide to go with Kallen, then this opens up the Middle East and Kummen routes.

Japan route (with Tetsujin)

Chapter 4. Turns out Watta is Shotaro's classmate. What a coincidence. Kappei is employed in Takeo General Company. I think some Tetsujin plot happens here. Some robot mafia tries to rob our Takeo General Company and of course fails spectacularly. Garrod in the DX, Gainer and Sara in her Panzer join here. That's because they're employed in Takeo General Company too.

Chapter 5. Turns out Saeki has replaced Shirota as tactical advisor for Public Relations Division 2. Then, Heterodyne. Great Knot Punisher's under maintenance, how convenient! Dai-Guard obviously joins in this stage.

Space route (with Frontier units)

Chapter 4. Esther doesn't like Alto because he's got girl issues. They run into Vajra. Esther and Alto get rid of their issues after each's words and actions on the battlefield. Also Aquarion is with S.M.S. and on this stage the pilots are Apollo, Pierre and Reika. The other two members of Skull Squadron and the Macross Quarter join up.

Chapter 5. Sheryl and Ranka are involved in a collaboration called "Twinkle Project". They drag Alto out to shop. Then a terrorist attack happens and they get kidnapped. In the chaos, there is Setsuna F. Seiei. The Koenig Monster and Queadluun-Rea join up, together with the Exia Repair.

Middle East route (with Wing units)

Chapter 4. We head to Azadistan, where the Colony Gundams have been spotted. A-Laws forces disguised as terrorists come. It's an excuse for them to conduct an armed intervention in Azadistan. Knowing this, Heero and Trowa come out from the circus tents they were hiding in, Heero in the Leo and Trowa in the Heavyarms.

Chapter 5. Quattro, Kamille and Shinn are under Zechs' squad. Treize is moving alone. This is a trap to lure Duo and the other Gundams out. They enter the trap knowingly. Apparently Wufei hates Treize.

Kummen route (with Geass units)

Chapter 4. The people from Astranagius have founded a new country on earth - the Kingdom of Kummen. Kallen and gang go to Kummen to make money for the Resistance. There they meet Chirico and Gotho. Chirico's Marshydog, Potaria, Kidera and Kan Yu's Diving Beetles and Ru Shako's Berserga join this stage.

Chapter 5. Chirico is convinced Fyana is in the blue AT. Then, DMs appear near the base. While they're wrecking the DMs, the Veela guerillas surround the party. To confirm the identity of the blue AT's pilot, Chirico takes some unusual measures. Also, Kallen is made to wear a bunny suit and work in Club Phantom. Also, special bunny suit cut-in for this stage. No new units join.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:55 pm

I wonder as to how they'll use God Mars more than anything among the many story lines, especially after Queltaks in episode 23 they stop naming the esper robots. I also wonder if ep 58's plot will be used at some point since it would go perfectly with the final battle of God Bless Dancouga (Noah was an advanced super computer, Noah's Guardian Robot can serve as a double boss with False Dancouga, Zule and Muge Zorbados are both entities of death and have similar goals, etc); origin wise they could just say it was built by the Innovades based on Celestial Being.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:47 pm

So, TDSA, how are you going to acquire your copy of the game? I suppose you will be importing it like a refined gentleman because you don't torrent anything. I got a legit copy of Z1, but I've been a cheapskate and held off buying Z2.1 because I can just borrow a copy from a friend. I might buy both parts together once the bulk deals start rolling in.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 pm

Actually I've never played a SRW and I don't own a PSP; I'm interested in the franchise because A) It is more or less an ideal place for anime recommendations B) The videos uploaded are action packed with parts from the anime I watch (and sometimes don't watch) and C) It is intriguing to see so many anime characters interact in ways they normally wouldn't (fan translations help especially when names translate correctly and you know who is who).

What? They are fun watch.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 pm

View Original PostTwin Drive Sigma Aquarion wrote:What? They are fun watch.

Nothing wrong with that. I bet most of the western fans of the franchise were introduced to it through the gameplay videos. But let's make no mistake here: it's a totally different experience to actually play the games.

Obviously, the easiest way to get you started is to have you start grinding SRW J. Although the game itself may not be among the best in the series, it has a spectacularly well-made translation patch, so there's absolutely no reason why you shouldn't be playing it. I'll PM you the details.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:15 pm

I don't download let alone with emulators, sorry doc.
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:26 pm

I think Alpha Gaiden also got an English patch as well IIRC.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:35 pm

View Original PostFinal Messenger wrote:I think Alpha Gaiden also got an English patch as well IIRC.

True, but I'm trying to get him started with J because it's so piss-easy to acquire and play. Small files, no hassle.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:14 pm

SAISEI-HEN HAS BEEN LEAKED.

CHECK /m/ FOR DOWNLOAD LINK.

Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Oh Banpresto what did you do, first Vayate and Mercurius, next Patula, Overdevil, the Bigs, and Psyco Gundam Mark 1, then Wahl Great Space Ship, and now the fracking Groizer Xes!

Now that they've been mass produced....

And what's with the hate for 80s Tetsujin 28?
So depressed am I
Missing you I do TK
Gone from paradise

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Alastor » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:15 am

That stage was so damn easy, man.

And the hate' for '80s Tetsujin is mostly a joke. It's because /m/ has known love for the Imagawa version.

Dr. Nick
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:56 pm

Okay, I'm going to need some community help to enable TDSA to play some SRW, because I've been bending over backwards for him, but nothing seems to be working. This is like watching a man die of thirst 20 meters away from a Coke fountain.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”