New Evangelion Characters? [Eva Store Wall]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:48 am

View Original Postchaosakita wrote:I think it looks like Shinji in a kimono actually.

You mean one of those fashionable short ones? Because they're supposed to be full length.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:15 am

I learnt interesting stuff about kimonos and then geishas as a result of that link :)

Nivek
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nivek » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:20 pm

Or Shinji in a hospital gown.
Where there is love, there are babies.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:09 pm

Assuming it's not a little old lady (Kaji's controller, perhaps) or whatever hybrid that was salvaged out of the abortive 3I (which they haven't decided about, but for the moment are, ahem, skirting the issue), that silhouette between Rei and Kaworu could be Naota.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

chaosakita
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby chaosakita » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:30 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:You mean one of those fashionable short ones? Because they're supposed to be full length.

You're right. They are supposed to be longer. I just remember seeing a piece of fanart of Shinji in a kimono and that's what popped up in my mind.
Avatar: Shinji and Kaworu get ice cream

Xana
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Xana » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:00 pm

Shinji wearing a big hoodie in mid-summer? lol

I'm all against introducing more new characters in 3.0 and 4.0, like others have mentioned, poor Asuka needs more screen time, and Mari is still pretty shallow as a character, we barely know anything about her yet besides that she's a brit with a big, nice rack. not saying that breasts are unimportant though lololol

Xous
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xous » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:30 pm

Silhouettes in Pokémon and silhouettes in Eva - it must be my fate to think over these things wherever I go.

One thing that puzzles me are the boots on the second character to the left of Kaworu's silhouette. I like what Jayfive mentioned about the head possibly being covered in a hat, but the bumps on the sides of the boots... They look a little odd. Perhaps they're just the ends of straps to belts that bind the boot's front. In the end, the first thought I had when I saw this silhouette was this Persona character. Not related in the least, of course.

The bald (possibly moustachioed) man on the far left, for some reason, reminds me of the U.S.A.'s member of the Human Instrumentality Committee (in scan, the one on bottom left), though of course it probably isn't him because (unless he underwent a design change) the features and height don't match up, and he's far too trivial a character to include in a lineup like this. (I only mention him because I'm immediately reminded of him.) As far as who he could be... Not sure, but he's definitely an imposing figure.

As far as the other silhouettes are concerned... Like the ones mentioned above, I've no clue. There are too many young-looking characters... >_<

My only hope is that there isn't any trolling going on here. It's already bad enough that once these silhouettes are revealed I'll probably be doing a "could have had a V8" slap to my head for not getting them right the first time.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:15 am

My speculation based on nothing: they're the people who take over Nerv after Gendo and gang are kicked out (bridge bunnies, etc.). Characters like that wouldn't need much screen time. I get the sense that they're wearing uniforms, but it could be anything.

SurferJon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SurferJon » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:26 am

View Original PostXous wrote:Silhouettes in Pokémon and silhouettes in Eva - it must be my fate to think over these things wherever I go.

Ditto! ;)

Couldn't the silhouettes just be of nobody? It's outside a store, isn't it? Maybe it's you the customer mixed-in with Eva characters. Or it could be random minor characters in the next one. Who knowsssss...
I love Eva and Pokemon. :D

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Some random thoughts:

View Original PostJayfive wrote:Plus thats a party-size bag of Eva-sponsored Doritos that Maya's holding.

No, that bulge on her right hip (left to the viewer) is obviously her laptop computer.

The bald(?) person on the far left is definitely not wearing Keel's visor, because the edges of his(?) brow and eyesocket can be clearly seen on the left, and there is no clunky bulge near the ear on the right.

This can be seen in a close-up at the Japanese disccusion pages previously linked to (http://neweva.blog103.fc2.com/blog-entry-1401.html, 5th image from the bottom).

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:28 pm

:rei_meh:

A fair enough assumption, but the doritos comment was a gag y'know.

Mainly about the proliferation of eva-related stuff that there is out there - especially as its assumed that when (if) these silhouettes are filled in, some or all of them are going to wearing stuff you can buy in the store.

Jornophelanthas
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Jornophelanthas » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm taking a guess on the left-most possibly-bald-person-with-a-possible-mustache.

It's the bearded NERV commander of Bethany Base, seen staring dumbfoundedly at Kaji speaking English.
(image: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/nervbase0xbethania.png/)

Similarities:
- bushy beard consistent with the bits of hair seen around the upper lip area of the silhouette. (The lower part of the beard is obscured by the silhouette of the collar.)
- bald forehead, very thin hair around the temples, consistent with the silhouette's smooth skull.
- note the turtleneck collar on his uniform.

[s]Additionally, could the woman third from the left be one of the bridge staff of Bethany base?
([/s][url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/File:Eva2-22_C0041.jpg[/url][s], really it could be either of them.)[/s]

---

Why do I go in this direction? Because Gendo's command team at NERV HQ in Tokyo-3 is suspended from active duty following Near-Third-Impact, and the Bethany people (if they survived the large explosion) are the ideal replacement, given that their previous base exploded, including everything EVA- or Angel-related they had been working on, leaving them out of a job.

Why design new characters, when you already have some extras to give personalities?

---

Edit:
Could the woman third from the left be Misato with her hair tied back into a ponytail?

(She does this during meals. Recall the scene approximately 40 minutes into Rebuild 2.0 where Kaji approaches her as she is finishing lunch (prepared by Shinji).
Last edited by Jornophelanthas on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brainman
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Brainman » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:02 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:My speculation based on nothing: they're the people who take over Nerv after Gendo and gang are kicked out (bridge bunnies, etc.). Characters like that wouldn't need much screen time. I get the sense that they're wearing uniforms, but it could be anything.

I agree with this. A few could also be some people sent to investigate Nerv personnel regarding their involvement in the 3I event.

"So...explain your relationship with Commander Ikari." *cue flashback of so-n-so joining Nerv*
Why do they even want the Loc-Nar? All it does is melt you.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:34 pm

View Original PostJornophelanthas wrote:I'm taking a guess on the left-most possibly-bald-person-with-a-possible-mustache.

It's the bearded NERV commander of Bethany Base, seen staring dumbfoundedly at Kaji speaking English.
(image: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/nervbase0xbethania.png/)

Similarities:
- bushy beard consistent with the bits of hair seen around the upper lip area of the silhouette. (The lower part of the beard is obscured by the silhouette of the collar.)
- bald forehead, very thin hair around the temples, consistent with the silhouette's smooth skull.
- note the turtleneck collar on his uniform.

A very very good call. As Kaji would say, 'Gulan' to baldy-beardy-base-boss guy if hes in the third film :)

Seele00TextOnly
Phospholipid Bilayer
Phospholipid Bilayer

•      
  •      

Postby Seele00TextOnly » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:59 pm

I has made a discovery.

Repost 30-DEC-2020 -- Staff

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:03 pm

Jornophelanthas: So if the folks on the far left are Bethany Base crew, maybe the mysterious folks in the center of the Bridge Bunnies and Nerv command+Pilots are the Tabgha Base crew. :)

We'll (hopefully) see. (I bumped this older thread to avoid a tangent, if anybody's interested in reading and commenting.)

Seele00TextOnly: Kaji meeting his doppelganger, eh? Sure, why not. :lol: One of them must bum a cigarette off the other!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

•      
  •      

Postby TheFriskyIan » Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:49 pm

It's quite obvious that it's Shinji mimicking the American pop culture style of the now. How fashionable of Anno to research into this new age teen phenomenon.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

cd603
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby cd603 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:26 am

Anybody notice how the pilots are in the foreground while the adults are placed in the background???

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:08 am

Perhaps because adults are usually taller than the children?
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:21 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:Perhaps because adults are usually taller than the children?

Ok, now we are just being silly.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”